Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,624 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best USB / Card Adaptor?

Tip us?

choccy31
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Best USB / Card Adaptor?

Hi Guys,

Been looking at loads including the official ones, which is the best USB / Crd adaptor to get?

Most likley will use a USB Flash drive rather than a Sim card, but depends on the best adaptor to get.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 White UK
ROM: Stock Currently
BB:
Kernel: [COLOR=[/COLOR]

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 16gb p7310 - ROOTED*
ROM: To be decided

TXFLGO05
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by choccy31 View Post
Hi Guys,

Been looking at loads including the official ones, which is the best USB / Crd adaptor to get?

Most likley will use a USB Flash drive rather than a Sim card, but depends on the best adaptor to get.

I ordered the Official ones (both the USB and the SD Card Adapter from amazon), they should arrive today.

In my limited experience they should work correctly as long as you plug it in correctly.

What I am going to try today though is using a generic USB card reader and the usb adapter to see if it works. If it does I might return the SD reader, only because I have multiple types of cards floating around.

There is an adapter on Amazon that has the SD/USB together and toggles with a physical switch but everyone seems to complain about the quality of manufacturing (flimsy, cheap, etc.) and I didn't want to gamble so I went OEM.

ctjameson
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I purchased the official Samsung one from BBY (employee discount ) and it works amazingly. Plug in my Flash drive and it reads it without hesitation. Going to plug it into my keyboard dock permanently when it comes in tomorrow.

Mbuxton
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Theres a micro sd card reader which I like because its the smallest, the others looked a bit bulky to me. Not OEM but it works fine. Got it from amazon for about 8.

TXFLGO05
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXFLGO05 View Post
I ordered the Official ones (both the USB and the SD Card Adapter from amazon), they should arrive today.

In my limited experience they should work correctly as long as you plug it in correctly.

What I am going to try today though is using a generic USB card reader and the usb adapter to see if it works. If it does I might return the SD reader, only because I have multiple types of cards floating around.

There is an adapter on Amazon that has the SD/USB together and toggles with a physical switch but everyone seems to complain about the quality of manufacturing (flimsy, cheap, etc.) and I didn't want to gamble so I went OEM.
Just as a follow up, I love the Samsung ones I purchased, but I would stongly suggest getting the USB reader, the SD card Reader can be replaced with just a generic card reader (I tested with IOGEAR GFR 209) for maximum flexibility. And it's cheaper ($9) vs whatever the total cost of the combo kit is ($20) I believe. It might be a wash all things considered but I'd go the the multicard reader because you can read different formats...

Overall the 10.1 accessories work just fine in this case.

Now on to finding a good stylus!

dainese01
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Also have the combo kit from Samsung here too.

They work great. Fast trasnfer speeds too. Reliable recognition.

It didn't work with my WD passport 2.5 320gb HDD though. That requires a bit of power, so that wasn't expected.
HTC Desire on Cyanogen 7.1
Samsung Galaxy S II on CM9 ICS
Asus Transformer 16Gb on ICS Stock(Thanks razorclaw & CWM installer )

Thank you XDA! The Best!

knipp21
Old
Thanks Meter 578
I just bought the USB adapter. Does it work with ics? I can't test yet

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium
I'm No dev, no need to donate. Just a simple thanks

Follow me on Google Plus!

https://plus.google.com/115380001456117289879/posts

choccy31
Old
(Last edited by choccy31; 29th June 2012 at 09:01 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Guys I've seen a 32gb and a 16gb Micro sd card class 4

Will class 4 be ok?

There is also a Samsung class 6 16gb I could get also ?

Ta
BB:

dbpaddler
Old
Thanks Meter 205
I've been using this generic USB adapter, and it's handled my 1gb cards as well as 32gb cards with those tiny microSD readers. Just connected a cheap Verbatim 2gb drive, and it read as a high power device that couldn't be read. I unplugged and plugged and it connected fine. Transferred files just fine.

I like it because it's just the dock connector and a thin cable instead of a big plastic contraption sticking out.
S4, 7" Tab 3 on Sprint and my trusty old Epic still in the stable.
ProClip reseller. Can save you at least 10% on their products.

choccy31
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Anyone answer my query re Memory Card?
BB: