FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Stock rooted 6.3

159 posts
Thanks Meter: 321

By eldarerathis, Senior Member on 28th March 2012, 06:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
In keeping with my tradition of providing stock rooted ROMs, I've re-packaged the new 6.3 update. As with my past ones, this is completely stock except for modifications that provide root access. It does not attempt to block OTAs in any way, and it does not contain any extras like the Market.

This is a full ROM, not an incremental update, so it will wipe your /system partition when installing. If you're coming from a non-stock ROM you'll want to wipe data/cache, but if you're coming from a previous stock ROM you should be okay. This is tested in CWM (it's what I have onhand right now) but TWRP should also work.

Changes between this and a completely stock 6.3 ROM are:

REMOVED FROM ROM
  • The new /system/bin/check_rooted binary
  • Stock recovery image
  • Stock bootloader image
  • That goofy userdata-backup.zip

ADDED TO THE ROM
  • Superuser
  • su
  • busybox

CHANGES
  • Removed the entry from init.omap4430.rc that ran check_rooted at boot.
  • Set ro.secure=0 so adbd runs as root (insecure boot version only)
  • updater-script doesn't attempt to install recovery, bootloader, or userdata-backup.zip file since they are not in the ROM.
  • updater-script won't check your /system partition's size before installing. This means it will install on a /system partition that's been resized, but I have not tested this. My assumption is that if you resized /system you'll know how to handle any errors that you may encounter.

I'm providing secure and insecure boot images, as with my past versions. For those unfamiliar, insecure means adbd runs as root on your Fire so you get a root shell when you use adb to connect (i.e. you get # by default). Secure gives you a user shell (the $) by default, but you can still use 'su' to elevate to root.

DOWNLOADS
Stock rooted 6.3, secure boot image (md5: 37f51cd2dfaf58baffac09135236de36)
Stock rooted 6.3, insecure boot image (md5: e551a507ebc64fabe09f7d5387348585)
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to eldarerathis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eldarerathis Ad-Free

28th March 2012, 06:48 PM |#2  
Flag Hồ Chí Minh
Thanks Meter: 262

More
What's change on 6.3??

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium
28th March 2012, 06:57 PM |#3  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,943

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acax456

What's change on 6.3??

Its right there in his description..

Sent from my Nexus One using xda premium
28th March 2012, 06:57 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 483

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acax456

What's change on 6.3??

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200790620
The Following User Says Thank You to b63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift b63 Ad-Free
28th March 2012, 07:54 PM |#5  
Manchester, CT
Thanks Meter: 9

More
So if I flash this off Modaco gr7 to get to the latest version should I be ok as long as I wipe Dalvik and cache?
28th March 2012, 07:57 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 321

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTTKDKing

So if I flash this off Modaco gr7 to get to the latest version should I be ok as long as I wipe Dalvik and cache?

I would say probably yes since it's mostly stock, but I've never tried so I can't say for certain. Worst case should be that you bootloop, at which point you can always go back into recovery and wipe data, too.
28th March 2012, 09:15 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Perhaps the dumb question, shall I just download and flash it by TWRP like other CM Roms? Please excuse I am noob. Thank you
28th March 2012, 09:20 PM |#8  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarerathis

I would say probably yes since it's mostly stock, but I've never tried so I can't say for certain. Worst case should be that you bootloop, at which point you can always go back into recovery and wipe data, too.

Just flashed over Modaco GR7 throught TWRP and everything went smoothly and fine!

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka724ka

Perhaps the dumb question, shall I just download and flash it by TWRP like other CM Roms? Please excuse I am noob. Thank you

Just Flashed through TWRP like any other rom (over modacos) and everything went fine !
The Following User Says Thank You to sergeroyal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sergeroyal Ad-Free
29th March 2012, 02:38 AM |#9  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 81

More
My first kindle rom. Thanks so much. I really like stock and was happy to make this my first rom. It's awesome.
29th March 2012, 03:31 AM |#10  
Flag Springville
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Just wondering if I can flash intersects kernel with the 6.3 Rom?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium
29th March 2012, 03:37 AM |#11  
San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 621

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xolanir

Just wondering if I can flash intersects kernel with the 6.3 Rom?

I don't see why not

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)