OP eldarerathis

29th March 2012, 03:37 AM   |  #11  
San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 613

1,808 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xolanir

Just wondering if I can flash intersects kernel with the 6.3 Rom?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

I don't see why not

29th March 2012, 07:23 AM   |  #12  
Flag Springville
Thanks Meter: 149

882 posts
More
Updated successfully, but for some reason CWM is unable to make a back up, gives me an error listing that it can't write the cache img. Has anyone else had this issue or is it isolated, and is there a fix? Thx in advance for help.

29th March 2012, 03:24 PM   |  #13  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 59

333 posts
More
I assume this has the new browser, how do you access the new "reading view" I feel like it should be fairly easy to see but...
29th March 2012, 03:59 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 317

159 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xolanir

Updated successfully, but for some reason CWM is unable to make a back up, gives me an error listing that it can't write the cache img. Has anyone else had this issue or is it isolated, and is there a fix? Thx in advance for help.

I've had CWM (and TWRP, actually) refuse to mount my cache partition in the past, and rebooting generally fixed it for me. Not sure if that's what's happening to you, though.
29th March 2012, 04:59 PM   |  #15  
Flag Springville
Thanks Meter: 149

882 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarerathis

I've had CWM (and TWRP, actually) refuse to mount my cache partition in the past, and rebooting generally fixed it for me. Not sure if that's what's happening to you, though.

I recently repartitioned my KF following the guide you posted using the GNU parted method. What I did was increased my media storage and shrunk my cache partition to 350MB and userdata partition to 700MB, would those settings affect CWM in anyway? The other thing I noticed was after I get the error, I reboot and check the CWM folder to see if anything did save, and it looks like it doesn't compress the back up while saving it. I found a partial back up of 2.35GB after the error. This is a strange one

Update: okay figured it out. The problem was CWM was trying to back up the /sd-ext volume. I unchecked it in the advanced back up option and ran the back up without a hitch.

Last edited by xolanir; 30th March 2012 at 04:04 AM.
29th March 2012, 06:09 PM   |  #16  
Flag Los Angeles

333 posts
More
Can anyone confirm that the browser did not update to the newest version?

To access reading view, I was told "At the bottom of the display there is an eyeglass Icon tap it the screen says loading and you will have the view. Back arrow out of it."

I don't see an eyeglass icon on this rom.
29th March 2012, 07:17 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 317

159 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacewt

Can anyone confirm that the browser did not update to the newest version?

To access reading view, I was told "At the bottom of the display there is an eyeglass Icon tap it the screen says loading and you will have the view. Back arrow out of it."

I don't see an eyeglass icon on this rom.

It works for me, but only on certain web pages (I'm guessing ones that are text-heavy). Try viewing some random Wikipedia article, for example. The icon also doesn't appear until about a second or so after the page has completely finished loading.
The Following User Says Thank You to eldarerathis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2012, 07:22 PM   |  #18  
Flag Los Angeles

333 posts
More
Just bizarre, I am not getting it. I looked at wikepedia articles too. I am using the insecure rom if that makes a difference.

What version should the browser be now?

I have 1.0.13.328_10008910

Gonna go clear data, etc.

Well, heck, that did it. Thanks for that. Interesting feature!
Last edited by jacewt; 29th March 2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: FIXED!
29th March 2012, 10:56 PM   |  #19  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 39

121 posts
Flashed this succesfully... but i neglected to wipe the system and accidentally flashed the 4.0 gapps package after. Boots fine but i am getting an android.process.acore FC and a Calender session FC. Any suggestions? I came from JC's ICS build and I am thinking of just going back to that.

Update. Nevermind. Just went back to ICS. The Stock Launcher gives me douche chills.
Last edited by Buffet_of_Lies; 30th March 2012 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Updated
30th March 2012, 12:10 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 60

439 posts
Swype?
Anyone who has Swype working on 6.2.1 or 6.2.2 installed this? If so can you tell me what happened to your Swype and were you able to get it working again?
I'm still on 6.2.1 (updates blocked with Droidwall) and went through so much hassles getting everything working *just* right, I'm trying to decide if the changes in 6.3 are worth potentially having to re-do Swype, market, calendar/contact sync, etc.

Edit: Any hope for an incremental update on this one? I loved the ones for 6.2.1 and 6.2.2.

Edit2: Any issues with market or calendar/contact syncs (for those of us who had set that up)?
Last edited by jb0ne; 30th March 2012 at 01:04 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread