A NEW Firmware Update??

Search This thread

_Madmatt

Jul 3, 2009
This is weird..

According to Nokia, today and over the next four weeks they are rolling out..

http://conversations.nokia.com/2012...convowk13_0x0-na-facebook-g0-en-1todtmt3e4ae4

However, I cab'd this onto my phone about 3 weeks ago and there are a jillion posts about this version.

Could this be a newer build?

No, 12070 is 12070. We have it for about 3 weeks indeed, but that's because we ripped off the Singapore build. It was released there to test it out. Apparently it has got green light, and is now distributed globally.

Reactions: apollo15rover

alecksander

Feb 2, 2010
Some days ago, there was a meeting between Nokia and H3G Italy, they said tethering will be released before the end of march...

jenesuispasbavard

Oct 29, 2010
Austin
Yeah when I plugged in my 059J3G4 Lumia 800 in to the computer, Zune told me there's an update available. I'm guessing it's 1600.2487.8107.12070, but has that increased-volume-after-incoming-call bug that was introduced with the leaked Singapore 12070 been fixed?

microhaxo

Aug 7, 2009
Yeah when I plugged in my 059J3G4 Lumia 800 in to the computer, Zune told me there's an update available. I'm guessing it's 1600.2487.8107.12070, but has that increased-volume-after-incoming-call bug that was introduced with the leaked Singapore 12070 been fixed?

No its not... I cant play my favorite games because of this issue.. RANDOM VOLUME SPIKES to full blast isnt very discrete.

whitealien

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Paris
Like we said, 12070 is 12070, BUT! When you check Nokia suite servers you can see small label in file name, like V1 to V5, so my guess is that there are different versions of 12070. Also I think those version numbers are more related to different carrier and country limitations, like not being able disable shutter sound or whatnot, but it will not affect list of fixes officially announced by Nokia.

whitealien

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Paris
No, they are rolling it out to everyone with that horrible volume bug.

I can barely believe it myself.

It takes about 2 month to wefoundNEWbugs-makingAfix-testing-rollingout4carriers-updatearrivesonzune

AND very often new updates fixes known bugs, but brings new to the table, like in this case.

NOKIA devs is already working (at least I hope) on a new patch, which we can expect in next 2 month.

apollo15rover

Jan 19, 2011
burbank, ca
Well even with the bug - which I have yet to experience - I still like the phone much better with 12070 than before. With heavy use and gaming I don't get a huge amount of life, but the battery has improved to the point where I don't have to be nervous or looking over my shoulder to see if the battery's about to conk out..

Also, I have been following a poster's advice on another thread I read awhile ago - when playing games or music with headphones in, simply turn the ringer to off but leave the volume wherever you want it.

Shouldn't have to be like that but at least there's a workaround available..

anseio

Oct 11, 2011
Seattle
Well even with the bug - which I have yet to experience - I still like the phone much better with 12070 than before. With heavy use and gaming I don't get a huge amount of life, but the battery has improved to the point where I don't have to be nervous or looking over my shoulder to see if the battery's about to conk out..

Also, I have been following a poster's advice on another thread I read awhile ago - when playing games or music with headphones in, simply turn the ringer to off but leave the volume wherever you want it.

Shouldn't have to be like that but at least there's a workaround available..

I'm a heavy user, too. Will stream audio via bluetooth for up to 3-4 hours in a day, depending on how long I spend on the bus and wandering around. At home, I love to play games (go DODONPACHI and Wordament!). I get a full waking day out of it. I'm sure that if I didn't do as much as I do, that the battery would last much longer. I'm pleased, nonetheless, since I decided yesterday that I don't like the 900 at all, due to the choice of glass over the display.

anseio

Oct 11, 2011
Seattle
^
They aren't using gorilla glass?

It's not the type of glass, it's the style. The 800 has that sexy, curved glass that keeps perfectly inline with the design aesthetic. It's such a smooth transition from glass to housing.

The 900 has a flat slab of glass whose bezel actually raises slightly up before dropping back toward the housing. It's flat and sharp edged. For me, it completely destroys the smooth, rounded intent of the design. I think the 900 was more of a rush job than the 800.

Itaintrite

Feb 10, 2008
New York.
Google Pixel 6 Pro
It's not the type of glass, it's the style. The 800 has that sexy, curved glass that keeps perfectly inline with the design aesthetic. It's such a smooth transition from glass to housing.

The 900 has a flat slab of glass whose bezel actually raises slightly up before dropping back toward the housing. It's flat and sharp edged. For me, it completely destroys the smooth, rounded intent of the design. I think the 900 was more of a rush job than the 800.
I agree. The 800 is overall a much better phone in terms of design. But boy, that LTE sure is enticing.

Reactions: anseio

anseio

Oct 11, 2011
Seattle
I agree. The 800 is overall a much better phone in terms of design. But boy, that LTE sure is enticing.

As enticing as LTE can be, I can't go there. I have a $20 unlimited GPRS plan. It's essentially throttleproof and I just can't give it up. I'm fine with HSPA speeds. They're more than adequate for my needs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is weird..

According to Nokia, today and over the next four weeks they are rolling out..

http://conversations.nokia.com/2012...convowk13_0x0-na-facebook-g0-en-1todtmt3e4ae4

However, I cab'd this onto my phone about 3 weeks ago and there are a jillion posts about this version.

No, 12070 is 12070. We have it for about 3 weeks indeed, but that's because we ripped off the Singapore build. It was released there to test it out. Apparently it has got green light, and is now distributed globally.