5,604,631 Members 39,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help with SuperOneClick or GalaxyS2RootNew

Tip us?

TonyStark
Old
(Last edited by TonyStark; 28th March 2012 at 09:12 PM.)
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 4893
Question Help with SuperOneClick or GalaxyS2RootNew

I had a SGS2 several months ago and was able to root it just fine. I am now having issues w/ my computer identifying the device (A different SGS2), while connected and using either SOC or GalaxyS2RootNew. I removed the usb drivers I had installed (for Captivare) and while I can mount the phone and read internal and external drives on the phone, when I plug phone in and run either SOC or GS2Root it just says "waiting for device"

jaguars34
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Wait, so are you obtaining root through Odin? And are you on 2.3.6?

TonyStark
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars34 View Post
Wait, so are you obtaining root through Odin? And are you on 2.3.6?
Well I could do that (Odin) however I have read quite a bit that SOC and GalaxyS2RootNew are much safer. No, phone is on 2.3.4

jaguars34
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Oh, I got you. Well, I just used the one click Odin flasher for 2.3.6, and it worked for me like a charm. If you can't get the one click root to work, read up on Odin. If you know what your doing it isn't dangerous at all. Look on entropy's guide or creepyncrawly's to flash for root in Odin

TonyStark
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars34 View Post
Oh, I got you. Well, I just used the one click Odin flasher for 2.3.6, and it worked for me like a charm. If you can't get the one click root to work, read up on Odin. If you know what your doing it isn't dangerous at all. Look on entropy's guide or creepyncrawly's to flash for root in Odin
Been flashing for a couple years and I was here when Entropy started. I have a mega post on sgs2 but got away from it a month ago. I am familiar with ways to do it< just wanted to make the newer, safer ways a try.

srichachasauce
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Could simply be the USB ports. That happened to me. If all fails try using another computer/operating system (hint: linux). Did you get root?

uplifted6
Old
(Last edited by uplifted6; 30th March 2012 at 06:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
I am having bad issues as well i have flashed back to 2.3.4 using odin, rerooted and now i can't seem to do anything evertime i try and install a Rom like phonebricker i get stuck on the boot screen......please help i realize im a total noob! Im also apply root before trying to do anything but i must be missing some step im sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium