Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Help with SuperOneClick or GalaxyS2RootNew

OP TonyStark

28th March 2012, 09:09 PM   |  #1  
I had a SGS2 several months ago and was able to root it just fine. I am now having issues w/ my computer identifying the device (A different SGS2), while connected and using either SOC or GalaxyS2RootNew. I removed the usb drivers I had installed (for Captivare) and while I can mount the phone and read internal and external drives on the phone, when I plug phone in and run either SOC or GS2Root it just says "waiting for device"
Last edited by TonyStark; 28th March 2012 at 09:12 PM.
28th March 2012, 09:12 PM   |  #2  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 1

98 posts
More
Wait, so are you obtaining root through Odin? And are you on 2.3.6?
28th March 2012, 09:15 PM   |  #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars34

Wait, so are you obtaining root through Odin? And are you on 2.3.6?

Well I could do that (Odin) however I have read quite a bit that SOC and GalaxyS2RootNew are much safer. No, phone is on 2.3.4
28th March 2012, 09:55 PM   |  #4  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 1

98 posts
More
Oh, I got you. Well, I just used the one click Odin flasher for 2.3.6, and it worked for me like a charm. If you can't get the one click root to work, read up on Odin. If you know what your doing it isn't dangerous at all. Look on entropy's guide or creepyncrawly's to flash for root in Odin
28th March 2012, 10:14 PM   |  #5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars34

Oh, I got you. Well, I just used the one click Odin flasher for 2.3.6, and it worked for me like a charm. If you can't get the one click root to work, read up on Odin. If you know what your doing it isn't dangerous at all. Look on entropy's guide or creepyncrawly's to flash for root in Odin

Been flashing for a couple years and I was here when Entropy started. I have a mega post on sgs2 but got away from it a month ago. I am familiar with ways to do it< just wanted to make the newer, safer ways a try.
30th March 2012, 04:54 AM   |  #6  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 7

40 posts
More
Could simply be the USB ports. That happened to me. If all fails try using another computer/operating system (hint: linux). Did you get root?
30th March 2012, 05:55 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

31 posts
I am having bad issues as well i have flashed back to 2.3.4 using odin, rerooted and now i can't seem to do anything evertime i try and install a Rom like phonebricker i get stuck on the boot screen......please help i realize im a total noob! Im also apply root before trying to do anything but i must be missing some step im sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
Last edited by uplifted6; 30th March 2012 at 06:00 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread