Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,363 Members 43,926 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][WIP] Underworld Sense Kernel v0.8 [Jul 16 2012][GINGERBREAD][SENSE]

Tip us?

buckhunter
Old
Thanks Meter 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecampo

do you need a sleep profile for this setup?

and do we really need to do vipermod?
You dont have to use vipermod unless you want to try to lower the voltages to get more battery life. Some phones dont like much undervolt so ymmv. Just make sure you have a nand of your stable setup before playing. I never use any profiles even when using ondemand and my phone sleeps fine. Profiles are just something else running in the bg imo.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buckhunter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mecampo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhunter View Post
You dont have to use vipermod unless you want to try to lower the voltages to get more battery life. Some phones dont like much undervolt so ymmv. Just make sure you have a nand of your stable setup before playing. I never use any profiles even when using ondemand and my phone sleeps fine. Profiles are just something else running in the bg imo.

Thanks buck, i'll leave it as is for the moment and maybe try vipermod later if i still want to stretch battery life. Is there a downside of undervolting like lags?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3

stupidjerkheadface
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback View Post
I actually stopped using BootManager because I thought that might be it, but I still had the issue using only MikG on my device. But I'm beginning to think there's just an issue with my touchscreen.

ROM: MikG v3.11 w/ICS Lite Theme | Kernel: Underworld v0.4 SBC
Same setup I run and I experience the same type of issue. It'll lock-up during some app operation as well. Had to pull the battery a few times. Haven't tried the stock kernel, though

The Following User Says Thank You to stupidjerkheadface For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

debarron
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1ne View Post
Quick question, are you running this on the phone or in a boot manager slot... I have unresponsiveness when using boot manager especially when sense its in the slot.. Aosp seems more responsive.
In my experience with Boot Manager, it all depends on what SD card you have (not just class).

I had an 8g SanDisk class 4 and Sense & AOSP ROMs ran fine. I bought a PNY 16g class 10 and Sense ROMs would barely run (constantly freeze up), but AOSP were fine. I returned the PNY and got a 32g SanDisk class 4 and both run fine again.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

buckhunter
Old
Thanks Meter 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecampo

Thanks buck, i'll leave it as is for the moment and maybe try vipermod later if i still want to stretch battery life. Is there a downside of undervolting like lags?

You would get lag and likely reboots. But all phones seem to act different. I flashed insanemod with vipermod and have no issues but seems some are having problems without lowering voltages. Just play around with it and try it out for a day or two and see how it goes.
The Following User Says Thank You to buckhunter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mecampo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhunter View Post
You would get lag and likely reboots. But all phones seem to act different. I flashed insanemod with vipermod and have no issues but seems some are having problems without lowering voltages. Just play around with it and try it out for a day or two and see how it goes.
Will do, thanks again buck

AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3

debarron
Old
Thanks Meter 153
@Captain_Throwback

Do you happen to be charging your phone when the screen stops responding. That's usually when I've seen that issue (I actually experienced it just now), I usually have to unplug my phone and turn the screen off/on for it to start working. I've seen this behavior on the stock kernel as well.

nick1313
Old
Thanks Meter 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by debarron View Post
@Captain_Throwback

Do you happen to be charging your phone when the screen stops responding. That's usually when I've seen that issue (I actually experienced it just now), I usually have to unplug my phone and turn the screen off/on for it to start working. I've seen this behavior on the stock kernel as well.

I actually have had the same exact issue with this kernel on my phone that captain has. I've tried, oc, underclocking, different gonvernors, schedulers, etc. It happened on previous versions too, however the classic worked great for me, no lag at all on that one. I think my phone just doesn't like this one. I do know that I couldn't ever run the more aggressive nets kernels, I had the same outcome with that kernel that I have with this one.

The sbc worked great, trickle charged all night and stay at 100% like 2-3 hours after unplugging, battery dropped off at that but I think that has something to do with my setup. It's like that on no matter what kernel I use, I haven't full wiped in awhile.

BTW I'm on MikG 3.11 and my red inverted red theme I made.
Nick

Check out The MikMik

Device: AT&T HTC One (M8)
Current Rom: Not Rooted
S-Off: Not Yet

The Following User Says Thank You to nick1313 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

debarron
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1313 View Post
I actually have had the same exact issue with this kernel on my phone that captain has. I've tried, oc, underclocking, different gonvernors, schedulers, etc. It happened on previous versions too, however the classic worked great for me, no lag at all on that one. I think my phone just doesn't like this one. I do know that I couldn't ever run the more aggressive nets kernels, I had the same outcome with that kernel that I have with this one.

The sbc worked great, trickle charged all night and stay at 100% like 2-3 hours after unplugging, battery dropped off at that but I think that has something to do with my setup. It's like that on no matter what kernel I use, I haven't full wiped in awhile.

BTW I'm on MikG 3.11 and my red inverted red theme I made.
I'm actually on Classic kernel 1.2 using MikG 3.11 completely stock. I had the exact same thing happen to me this morn, while it was still on the charger I tried to unlock and the ring bounced like I just did a tap. Un-plugged it from the charger and turned off the screen and it worked after that. Tried turning off the screen while still plugged in, but no go.

The Following User Says Thank You to debarron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ca1ne
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,388

DONATE TO ME
I get messed up touchscreen a lot while plugged in as well, doesn't matter the kernel, ROM,aosp/sense... Swype is almost unusable sometimes for me...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ca1ne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
evo, gingerbread, kernel, sbc, sense