[KERNEL][WIP] Underworld Sense Kernel v0.8 [Jul 16 2012][GINGERBREAD][SENSE]

OP ca1ne

10th May 2012, 09:02 PM   |  #601  
Flag North Port FL
Thanks Meter: 14

71 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hmmmm, that's is odd, where did you get your hdmi cord from? That cord may have a lot to do with it

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
10th May 2012, 09:59 PM   |  #602  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 1,388

802 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heckyhec5881

I can say that i have been mirroring for.months on various kernels with the ability to to do so. I have a 57" HDTV and there always has been some pixelation. Colors vary between screens also, go to Walmart and look at their TV's in electronics, they're all playing the same thing but they all have their own warmth as far as colors go. It could also depend on your video source. When I use HBO Go there is some distortion but.only during really fast action packed scenes, MLB At Bat (go Yankees!) Has some terrible looking pixelation most of the time when mirroring. I know teamwin intended on doing something about it, which I think all they were trying to do is allow the user to adjust the aspect ratio to allow for clearing viewing although in a smaller viewing area like the app they had for Froyo but they never really finished that after the kernel source code for their HDMI mirror went around to all the other kernels. It could have a lot to do with the hardware capacity of your device and even how much you got running in the devices background. Ca1ne this is an awesome kernel, you did a great job, all works well for me here!

Side note.

You will never get 1080p mirroring from most devices, I think even the newer dual and quad core phones with a gig of RAM only mirror 720 and that's built in.......

Edit
Try playing with the aspect of your screen and see if you could get some better results from it

Thank you for the more in depth expansion.
11th May 2012, 01:28 AM   |  #603  
Thanks Meter: 15

91 posts
I am using same HDMI cable I use for PS3, have an adapter to micro hdmi. The TV autodetects the source resolution(1080, 720, etc), I have a few other hd tv's I can play with. At work now and going solely from memory. I do appreiciate all the responses and apologize for this kinda off track from an awesome EVO kernel!
11th May 2012, 01:35 AM   |  #604  
Recognized Developer
Flag Knoxville USA
Thanks Meter: 6,824

6,256 posts
Donate to Me
More
Some real kernel dev work going on!!!

Gonna have to check out the op again to see what I need for Classic Hehe :)

Thanks ca1ne!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to tommytomatoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2012, 02:17 AM   |  #605  
Flag North Port FL

71 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1ne

Thank you for the more in depth expansion.

No thank you for an in depth kernel
Buhahahahahaha

11th May 2012, 02:18 AM   |  #606  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 835

1,000 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfidoordie

Only issue I see with it at the moment is that when my screen is off and nothing is happening my screen will randomly come on to the lock screen and just stay on (imagining that will be a battery killer) didn't have any issues of the sort with V5

I had the same issue this morning. Doesn't seem to bar happening at the moment. Been working all day though and not really watching it.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
11th May 2012, 02:18 AM   |  #607  
Flag North Port FL

71 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizraz

I am using same HDMI cable I use for PS3, have an adapter to micro hdmi. The TV autodetects the source resolution(1080, 720, etc), I have a few other hd tv's I can play with. At work now and going solely from memory. I do appreiciate all the responses and apologize for this kinda off track from an awesome EVO kernel!

Is the EVO the only device the adapter is used for? Try another device on it, there may lay the problem

11th May 2012, 03:00 AM   |  #608  
Flag 29 Palms, CA
Thanks Meter: 18

105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselford

I had the same issue this morning. Doesn't seem to bar happening at the moment. Been working all day though and not really watching it.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

yeah that's how it was for me...maybe just a settling in thing cause it doesn't seem to have done it today...the wife's phone is hating it although mine loves it so I went cleared cache and dalvik...we will see if this helps. If not I'll reinstall it as that's what I had to do with v5 as well. but after settling in it worked great..thanks for the hard work Ca1ne
11th May 2012, 05:29 AM   |  #609  
Flag North Port FL

71 posts
Donate to Me
More
You guys i had something weird happen when I used Incredicontrol to reset defaults on the voltages for v6 I had to reboot my phone for the changes to apply, when i got a restart going I must have waited 15 minutes and the Sense kept force closing and reloadin. I have fast charge and audio boost enabled in case it was some.combination. But I think it was the reset to default that did it. Just FYI for you guys. All I had to do was reflash the kernel.

Edit
Oh and duh I am on MikG3.11 v6 supercharger set for multitasking CPU setcpu on 386/986 interactivex
Don't know why I didn't include that.
Last edited by heckyhec5881; 11th May 2012 at 05:38 AM.
11th May 2012, 12:35 PM   |  #610  
Thanks Meter: 8

63 posts
For the 2 way call record that's added in what app are you guys using with it? Are you getting good volume from the person on the other end? You guys have got line audio from the other side not just mic?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Oh my gosh I think this is the first time I've ever been able to use two way call record correctly. I've tried lithids freedom, anthrax, you name it ....they said they had it but they never actually worked.

Using CallRecorders latest, choosing Device>Other, and choosing Record callsfrom>Kernel with 2-way ....it works ...wow lol

When I play back a recording I can hear the otherside loud and clear whic a huge difference! Great great great work ca1ne...you've done what hasn't been done yet ^.^

The Following User Says Thank You to wtf911 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
evo, gingerbread, kernel, sbc, sense
Previous Thread Next Thread