Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,899 Members 48,889 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Notebook shut down during update

Tip us?

bastiancaffeu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Notebook shut down during update

while update my phone my notebook shut down and when I turn on my phone is frozen on the screen of HTC and nothing else. I have sent for assistance but as windows phone arrived in Brazil a little time they do not know what might be happening. The HTC Brazil wants to send my phone to the U.S. but if anyone knows what can be done to reinstall windows phone on my HD7 would be grateful.

Have downloaded several ROMS but all had ERROR 266 and that was the only error that is not found because it is happening.

sh4d0w86
Old
Thanks Meter 795

DONATE TO ME
have you tried flashing a new stock Shipped ROM onto your device?
if you found me helpful, click the thanks button or consider donating.
for quick & efficient replies, ask in a related forum rather then PM'ing.

schubert links. xspl tutorial. shipped roms. radios.
current devices. goldc. eternity. leo. lumia 710. lumia 810. mondrian. mozart.
applications. device reset. device volume. ie fav backup. market select.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2678
Put the phone in Update/Recovery mode (turn it off, press and hold the Camera button, turn it on again, keep holding the Camera button until it goes to the black-and-white screen indicating that you should connect the phone to the PC). Connect your phone to the PC using the normal USB cable. Start the Zune software. After a few seconds, Zune should offer to restore your phone to the backup that was created prior to beginning to flash the update.

That will make the phone boot again, without losing any data. Afterward, you can try updating again. Hope that helps, good luck!
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gishum
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
Put the phone in Update/Recovery mode (turn it off, press and hold the Camera button, turn it on again, keep holding the Camera button until it goes to the black-and-white screen indicating that you should connect the phone to the PC). Connect your phone to the PC using the normal USB cable. Start the Zune software. After a few seconds, Zune should offer to restore your phone to the backup that was created prior to beginning to flash the update.

That will make the phone boot again, without losing any data. Afterward, you can try updating again. Hope that helps, good luck!
what if there is no backup???