[Q] Notebook shut down during update

OP bastiancaffeu

29th March 2012, 02:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
while update my phone my notebook shut down and when I turn on my phone is frozen on the screen of HTC and nothing else. I have sent for assistance but as windows phone arrived in Brazil a little time they do not know what might be happening. The HTC Brazil wants to send my phone to the U.S. but if anyone knows what can be done to reinstall windows phone on my HD7 would be grateful.

Have downloaded several ROMS but all had ERROR 266 and that was the only error that is not found because it is happening.
29th March 2012, 07:00 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 797

1,757 posts
Donate to Me
More
have you tried flashing a new stock Shipped ROM onto your device?
2nd April 2012, 04:59 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,712

5,739 posts
More
Put the phone in Update/Recovery mode (turn it off, press and hold the Camera button, turn it on again, keep holding the Camera button until it goes to the black-and-white screen indicating that you should connect the phone to the PC). Connect your phone to the PC using the normal USB cable. Start the Zune software. After a few seconds, Zune should offer to restore your phone to the backup that was created prior to beginning to flash the update.

That will make the phone boot again, without losing any data. Afterward, you can try updating again. Hope that helps, good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2012, 03:13 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Put the phone in Update/Recovery mode (turn it off, press and hold the Camera button, turn it on again, keep holding the Camera button until it goes to the black-and-white screen indicating that you should connect the phone to the PC). Connect your phone to the PC using the normal USB cable. Start the Zune software. After a few seconds, Zune should offer to restore your phone to the backup that was created prior to beginning to flash the update.

That will make the phone boot again, without losing any data. Afterward, you can try updating again. Hope that helps, good luck!

what if there is no backup???
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread