296 posts
Awesome news. Hope today will be a happy hump day

Sent from my MIUI RUNNIN EVO 3D
16th May 2012, 02:56 PM   |  #1822  
Thanks Meter: 27

175 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalhigh

Had some success, needed to sleep. It was 3 am...

Patchrom works, just need to fix a few things...

Thank you DH & Agrabren it's been really amazing to see your dedication to seeing this thing through. You've put forth an effort that is greatly appreciated and a positive attitude. This speaks greatly especially since don't consider yourself a developer. no matter what the definition of a developer truly is you are my developer. Now I'm going back to continue my routine refreshing of this thread...don't judge me

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to mrjs84day For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2012, 03:02 PM   |  #1823  
Flag Miami, Florida
Thanks Meter: 309

1,166 posts
More
Lmao. I didn't know people could be so insistent!
16th May 2012, 03:33 PM   |  #1824  

175 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valdesr11

Lmao. I didn't know people could be so insistent!

I hope that wasn't for me cause I'm more of the addicted type not insistent but if it sounds like that I apologize.

16th May 2012, 03:44 PM   |  #1825  
Recognized Developer
Flag Pflugerville, TX
Thanks Meter: 9,610

1,442 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjs84day

Thank you DH & Agrabren it's been really amazing to see your dedication to seeing this thing through. You've put forth an effort that is greatly appreciated and a positive attitude. This speaks greatly especially since don't consider yourself a developer. no matter what the definition of a developer truly is you are my developer. Now I'm going back to continue my routine refreshing of this thread...don't judge me

Oh, I totally consider myself a developer. And fortunately, so does my employer, who pays me to be not just a developer, but a software architect. I've been writing software for 32 years.

I'm making good progress on the CM9 base. It's been a bit tricky, but it's definitely getting close. Once it's up and running, I'll be helping DH with any gotchas in the MIUI patchroms to it (since I can fix the CM source to be better aligned with what they want).
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to agrabren For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2012, 03:56 PM   |  #1826  
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 5,490

3,457 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So, a little update for everybody, as I know I've been flapping my digital gums as of late...

I've been playing around with trying all kinds of methods to assemble a working ICS MIUI using both the leaked builds and stuff that Agrabren's been throwing at me.

Nothing wants to boot.

In looking at some of the other builds that are out there, I'm discovering a lot of things about how a ROM is made into an MIUI ROM, versus just stealing files from other people's builds. You know...because this stuff has to come from SOMEWHERE...it doesn't just magically appear.

Resultingly, I've been spending a lot of time looking at the actual code for MIUI in the patchrom system...and how it works. And through talking with Agrabren and Joelz, I've discovered that not all of the ROMS use CM as a base. Specifically, the sensation port.

Now, the sensation ICS/sense rom and 3VO ICS/sense rom are incredibly similar - as is the hardware. This is why we had the ICS previews in the first place.

This means that if we now have a working ICS rom for our devices, then we should be able to plug it into the MIUICS patchrom system, change a few things, and it should spit out a working MIUICS for us.

At least, that's how it sounds on paper.

Of course, I still have a fairly rudimentary idea of how all this stuff works. As I've pointed out numerous times...I'm not a developer. But, I'm starting to get my brain wrapped around this patchrom system. If I can get it working, it means that we will have the ability to build a real MIUI, versus having to port from another device and hope everything works.

Uh...so...I am doing stuff over here. I'm currently synching with the patchrom repo, then I'll be editing and trying to run this baby. If it yields success, you'll know.

End ramble...

Edit: Holy ****...I think I've got the patchrom running...

Prepare workspace completed!

Quote:

I've been using a version of Joelz rom that I modified some stuff on...

It's goooooiiiiiing!! I've got the default workspace setup (frameworks extracted), and it's in the process of doing the firstpatch process, where it's checking for errors in the build process. Provided this works - I should have it spitting out (what it thinks is) a completed ROM in a few minutes...

Code:
digitalhigh@digitalhigh-Precision-M90:~/PATCHROM3/sensation$ make fullota
>>> Install framework resources for apktool...
install framework-miui-res.apk
/home/digitalhigh/PATCHROM3/tools/apktool --quiet if /home/digitalhigh/PATCHROM3/miui/system/framework/framework-miui-res.apk
unzip >/dev/null sensation_3.32.zip "system/framework/*.apk" -d out
install out/system/framework/framework-res.apk
install out/system/framework/com.htc.resources.apk
> build out/framework-res.apk...
add miui overlay resources
/home/digitalhigh/PATCHROM3/tools/remove_redef.py >/dev/null out/framework-res
/home/digitalhigh/PATCHROM3/tools/apktool --quiet b out/framework-res out/framework-res.apk

If you get anywhere with this its because of HackerMi. As any Dev I think he deserves the proper credit and he doesnt get much mention even in Sensation forums. Hes done everything with the Sensation to get Patchrom to build with it. Dont take this as a bash to you because its not. Just as toast is the reason we have CM at all.

The hard part is getting a pure Shooter build. I havent tried building yet with the ICS leak but GB is a pain and they dont support it anymore. GB builds needed CM as a base for them. Now they claim you need a stock rom for ICS. HackerMi used ICS sense like you mention and has gotten it where you should be building to, but be warned. There may be TONS of smali editing that needs to be done and support for Patchrom is a bit scarce. My first attempts led to hundreds of smali edits to be done by scratch that Patchrom couldn't "patch". F that. I knew ICS was around the corner and wasnt going to waste the time with a pure GB build since we had the ports already.
Last edited by NineInchNails; 16th May 2012 at 04:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NineInchNails For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2012, 04:02 PM   |  #1827  
Flag Minnesota

3,457 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrabren

Oh, I totally consider myself a developer. And fortunately, so does my employer, who pays me to be not just a developer, but a software architect. I've been writing software for 32 years.

I'm making good progress on the CM9 base. It's been a bit tricky, but it's definitely getting close. Once it's up and running, I'll be helping DH with any gotchas in the MIUI patchroms to it (since I can fix the CM source to be better aligned with what they want).

I dont think CM will work with Patchrom V4. As my previous post and DH mentioned MIUI states you now need a stock rom to "patch" instead of CM. How true this is I dont know. Just some fyi's. They could do a way better job and release true source but they wont. They cheated and put out Patchrom.
16th May 2012, 04:04 PM   |  #1828  

175 posts
Quote:

Yeah I'm still getting used to forum manners, didn't think about putting you in the non developer category, it was actually towards dh. But again I apologize if I disrespected your skills or your property recognition, good sir.

16th May 2012, 04:12 PM   |  #1829  
Flag Minnesota

3,457 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

One more important post and im done.

I want to publicly apologize to you for starting crap with you in chads thread. I speak way too soon in these forums and I was wrong.

DH my apologies also from scotts thread. I support anyone trying to learn more and misjudged you.

Good luck with patchrom guys. I hope its not as much of a pain as it was for me 2 months ago. Too much going on irl for me to try to develop anything at the moment and thought no one was even trying patchrom anymore.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NineInchNails For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2012, 04:31 PM   |  #1830  
Flag Miami, Florida
Thanks Meter: 309

1,166 posts
More
If I still had Thanks to give out, I would spam your posts with them. Thank you Matt, I hope you stick around this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to valdesr11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
*somewhat* related to the thread, bamf, dh is the man, digitalhigh is a beast, high on miui, logcat or gtfo, me wove miui wong time, my-u-eye, ooey gooey miui, related to thread..., sugar walls, the movie "hackers" sucked
Previous Thread Next Thread