OP poo-tang

30th March 2012, 02:09 PM   |  #21  
Flag Banbridge
Thanks Meter: 228

500 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenFoxBreath

Yeah, it's no big deal, just hoped they would work without waiting, as my mega cd doesn't work on my plasma, and we threw the last crt telly out a month or two ago, so fancied playing them again..

Got a good deal on the mega cd, with silpheed, batman returns and snatcher, so can't grumble at the cost of the emulator, and waiting time..still got plenty others to play.

A Jaguar emu, now that would rock, Tempest was ace.

The Sega 5in1 you mention, was that the one with Streets of Rage, and others..the one that came with the megacd? and it also came with sol feaces.

Yea heres a screenie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	973209  
The Following User Says Thank You to tekken179 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2012, 04:31 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 89

1,571 posts
More
Ok to chime in.
ORIG (Not censored) Night Trap was fun. HOWEVER Double Switch was better. (Was easier to track the story and still capture things, while Night trap you had to play over and over cause you couldnt watch the story and capture enough to win. Also access colors sucked lol.

Sewer Sharked, Hated it at 1st then once you get the hang of it, its cool. Plus its the same actor from Terminator 1, so that was cool.

Now what kids today need to remember is this. Snes, Sega, that was the era. Sega cd came out. OMG VIDEO AND VOICE! Not even PC had this really well yet. Willy Beamish on Sega cd was the only one with voice. The reason Sega cd wasnt big back "then"? Ill quote you from the review "People dont want to pay 50$ for a vhs tape they play" I chuckle now.. to think people pay 60$ for a POS game on a high def system. =p

Oh yes, btw if you havent, play Power Rangers on Sega Cd. It was interactive but least it goes through the season 1 well enough. =D
30th March 2012, 07:26 PM   |  #23  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 161

1,072 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticales

OMG VIDEO AND VOICE!

You summed up the first 5 years (at least) of PC-CDROM Gaming in 1 sentence. VERY VERY few games added any real gaming element with this newfound format. There were loads of "games" that basically had the player do a task, watch a clip, do another task, watch another clip, etc. Sometiems they had good compilations of floppy disc games, or floppy games with FMV cutscenes added in between levels/missions. Lots of shooters with 2D sprites overlayed on FMV, and fake "first person" games. Sega CD and TG CD had a bit of a benefit in that the companies making the primary games for them were mostly companies that made real games first, whereas on the PC side you had a lot of "game developers" come up out of the woodwork because in reality anyone can make a PC game with a minimum of investment and a lot of talent, back then anyway. But Sega and NEC too fell prey to these types of lame "games". 3DO came out and furthered this trend but once Playstation came out it got games back on track. PCs had already started to follow suit.
30th March 2012, 10:01 PM   |  #24  
Flag Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
Thanks Meter: 1,517

3,598 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebosdev

Wake me up when we have a tg16 cd emu. I want to play sherlock holmes

That would be awesome...... still have my TG-16 but never got around to getting the CD attachment, have seen it, its $$$$ but for the collector in me I will get it some day...

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader

You summed up the first 5 years (at least) of PC-CDROM Gaming in 1 sentence. VERY VERY few games added any real gaming element with this newfound format. There were loads of "games" that basically had the player do a task, watch a clip, do another task, watch another clip, etc. Sometiems they had good compilations of floppy disc games, or floppy games with FMV cutscenes added in between levels/missions. Lots of shooters with 2D sprites overlayed on FMV, and fake "first person" games. Sega CD and TG CD had a bit of a benefit in that the companies making the primary games for them were mostly companies that made real games first, whereas on the PC side you had a lot of "game developers" come up out of the woodwork because in reality anyone can make a PC game with a minimum of investment and a lot of talent, back then anyway. But Sega and NEC too fell prey to these types of lame "games". 3DO came out and furthered this trend but once Playstation came out it got games back on track. PCs had already started to follow suit.

I would agree to this statement... however 3DO did have some good games that had FMV. Super Wing Commander, Wing Commander 3, Shockwave Assault 1&2 were all good games that had FMV without the typical crap of FMV games.... those were games in my opnion where the FMV was done right, and I am mostly looking at WC3...
30th March 2012, 10:54 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 89

1,571 posts
More
WC3 of course was good, it had the budget of Origin. Lets not talk about the high budget games. =p

Lets talk about what Sega Cd did offer better. Richer music and voice. I mean graphics were same as everyone else, FMV was limited. The ability for the game to have better music and voice was good. Good ol Cd-Roms.
Snatcher and Lunar 2 were perfect examples of what Sega Cd could do. As for Music. Ecco the Dolphin won this battle. I mean that on a stereo setup was WOW.
31st March 2012, 03:22 PM   |  #26  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 161

1,072 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgregoryj1

I would agree to this statement... however 3DO did have some good games that had FMV. Super Wing Commander, Wing Commander 3, Shockwave Assault 1&2 were all good games that had FMV without the typical crap of FMV games.... those were games in my opnion where the FMV was done right, and I am mostly looking at WC3...

Yeah I'm definitely not referring to games like SWC and WC3 or Shockwave. (BTW WC3 was a PC game first ). But there were a lot of games out there like 7th Guest and Critical Path that weren't much more than a string of poorly acted video clips strung together.
2nd April 2012, 11:26 AM   |  #27  
Flag Hitchin
Thanks Meter: 43

226 posts
More
I bought this and then relised that every time I launch it its not Optimized for my play.
Even tho it says it I cant play with the gamepad. Sega CD is good but when Im playing sherlock Holmes the MD.EMU force closes like a bitch
2nd April 2012, 01:08 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 212

435 posts
Donate to Me
what kind of file format do i need for the backup? i ripped my shinig force cd as iso
2nd April 2012, 04:07 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 21

111 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acocalypso

what kind of file format do i need for the backup? i ripped my shinig force cd as iso

At the moment, ISO/mp3, as BIN/Cue aren't fully supported yet.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xperia4life

I bought this and then relised that every time I launch it its not Optimized for my play.
Even tho it says it I cant play with the gamepad. Sega CD is good but when Im playing sherlock Holmes the MD.EMU force closes like a bitch

Send a message to the dev, that's the only way it will improve is if people let him know/complain about things.
3rd April 2012, 03:54 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 7

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebosdev

Wake me up when we have a tg16 cd emu. I want to play sherlock holmes

Robert Broglia's PCE.emu lets you play TG-16 CD games (and PC-Engine CD games). He's the same developer who created MD.emu.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread