Apt-X Bluetooth Receiver

Tip us?

WESBAR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
Well I can definitely tell the difference between bluetooth and wired (I have Sennheiser HD25-1 II's and Audeze LCD-2's).

@WESBAR: Samsung say that, but not on all their sites, in some they just talk about their silly EQ effects and make no mentioned of Apt-X. I saw it listed quite a number of places with specific mention of Apt-X.

Anyways, will confirm what it's like once I get them.
Yeah I've seen it mentioned on their site too. Got my phone now. Tempted to just order one. They're on ebay for around 26. They do a white version which will match my phone aswell! If these live up to the claims, they'll make a perfect partner to my Shure SE530's which have a short cable which usually runs into an extension piece.

Where did you order yours from?

NZtechfreak
Old
Thanks Meter 933
Ordered mine from Ebay also.

If you order and get yours first let us know how they are!
Twitter: @nztechfreak
Blogs: androidnz.net, blog.clove.co.uk
Facebook: http://goo.gl/baZHQ

pzboyz
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
Well I can definitely tell the difference between bluetooth and wired (I have Sennheiser HD25-1 II's and Audeze LCD-2's).
How are you making the comparison? You quoted some wired headphones and none of the other equipment used to make the comparison.
HTC 1S, Nexus 7 and Galaxy S3mini.
Asus TF101 with Random Reboots

WESBAR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Ordered! Will post a review when it arrives.

NZtechfreak
Old
Thanks Meter 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzboyz View Post
How are you making the comparison? You quoted some wired headphones and none of the other equipment used to make the comparison.
I'm talking about every smartdevice I've ever owned listening to bluetooth Vs wired (N95, N95 8GB, N82, i8910, HD2, Touch Pro, N97, HTC Desire, HTC Sensation, Galaxy S, Galaxy SII, Galaxy Note, ASUS Transformer and Transformer Prime, Google I/O Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 7.7) with a large number of headsets DRC-BT15, Moto S805, can't remember the model names but several of Nokia's best BT cans, a few other Sony headsets whose model numbers escape me. Bluetooth audio quality is not equal to wired on any of those devices.

I only mentioned the wired headsets so it's apparent the wired headsets are not the rate limiting step.

I've not tried it with my One X since I don't get it until next week, will be interesting to see is Apt-X lives up to it's billing.

Jade Eyed Wolf
Old
Thanks Meter 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by WESBAR View Post
cheers. can u tell me where it says it has apt-x?
Have a look in here.

WESBAR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
It's arrived. Initial impressions are good.

Definitely sounds better than previous a2dp headsets I've used. After initial pairing I've noticed one or two occasional dropouts during the first minute or so of playback but it seems pretty stable after that. Swapping between plugged in and bluetooth with the included iem's doesn't highlight any immediate differences (only tried mp3's and aac files with Poweramp) which is good. Previous a2dp's i've used have been more constrained with throughput than the the actual headphones used with them.

Will listen to it a bit more over the weekend with better headphones (Shure SE 530's), higher quality source files and post some thoughts.
The Following User Says Thank You to WESBAR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NZtechfreak
Old
Thanks Meter 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by WESBAR View Post
It's arrived. Initial impressions are good.

Definitely sounds better than previous a2dp headsets I've used. After initial pairing I've noticed one or two occasional dropouts during the first minute or so of playback but it seems pretty stable after that. Swapping between plugged in and bluetooth with the included iem's doesn't highlight any immediate differences (only tried mp3's and aac files with Poweramp) which is good. Previous a2dp's i've used have been more constrained with throughput than the the actual headphones used with them.

Will listen to it a bit more over the weekend with better headphones (Shure SE 530's), higher quality source files and post some thoughts.
Thanks for the feedback, I have the receiver but won't have my One X till next Wednesday (lucky enough to be getting one for review that I get to keep).

It's meant to be lossless up to ~370kbps according to CSR (the people who developed Apt-X), so I presume for FLAC files you'll start to hear some differences, but for everything up to 320kbps mp3 there shouldn't be any discernible difference if CSR's claims are accurate.

RedGreenGeek
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default apt-x is a codec used under the a2dp profile.

Hi

In order to clarify a bit. I believe the apt-x is a compression format, which is an extended codec to the a2dp profile of bt.

So you may be comparing apt-x to a range of codecs used under a2dp, where you also find apt-x.

Hope it sort the discussion a bit. And thanks for the input on devices. :)

nikzDHD
Old
(Last edited by nikzDHD; 29th April 2012 at 12:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,119
Right guys I Love me music and the HOX straight out of the headphone out it's ok. My SGS Voodoo'd kicks its arse out of that water! I'm going to order the HS3000 and test the aptX technology with my TDK BA200 IEMS. To see how it differs.

Will give some feedback once I've had a play with it all.
Phone: OnePlus One 64GB
Rom: SlimSaber | Der Kernel: AK

Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 32GB
Rom: SkimKat | Der Kernel: Stock SlimKat

Previous: HTC DesireHD | Samsung Galaxy SII | T-Mobile Rapport | Samsung Galaxy S (Backup) | Samsung Galaxy SIII | Samsung Galaxy Note II | HTC One X | Nexus 4 | Samsung Galaxy S4