Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Does anyone have a skyrocket on Tmobile??

OP NUGZZ420

31st March 2012, 02:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag OREGON
Thanks Meter: 105

531 posts
More
Ive been helping my buddy with his SGS2 skyrocket on T mobile service .. I was looking for some tips on apn and data speeds .. So im guessing they should get the same speed as a t mobile SGS2 sitting next to it or id like to think so .. but doing a test with 2 buddies phone on the same service with a t mobile sgs2 and the sgs2 i727 . the speed is different by a bit the i727 was getting 5 to 7 megs a sec and the tmo sgs2 was at like 14 megs a sec ??? So The sgs 2 says its getting at&t 4G witch I know is bull .. im running the isc leak (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1569798 ) but the speed is about the same on the GB ROM when we first unlocked it ...and ive got the http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1572198 radios in it ....so i get edge when im at my house but my buddy on his 3g at&t iPhone gets it right next to me .. also when im on 4 G im not really getting 4 g speeds ....I think i must be missing some setting apn is wrong or something .. ive tried searching the subject but i get over whelmed not knowing much about radios.. Ive been thinking about going to t mobile also and getting a t mobile sgs2 or the i727 because of the lte radio .. so if anyone can enlighten me on something im missing ...thanks a lot
1st April 2012, 05:54 AM   |  #2  
Flag grandrapids,mi
Thanks Meter: 2

91 posts
More
Have a kind of the same issue I haven't tried my t mobile sim on i c s yet gonna try now...I think if you flash a t 989 radio t mobile kernel and t mobile rom I cant see what else is left for it not think it is a t mobile phone..... As long as you can switch network providers and bands
Keep me posted if you come up with a solution I'll do the same....
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffreylee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2012, 12:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag OREGON

531 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylee

Have a kind of the same issue I haven't tried my t mobile sim on i c s yet gonna try now...I think if you flash a t 989 radio t mobile kernel and t mobile rom I cant see what else is left for it not think it is a t mobile phone..... As long as you can switch network providers and bands
Keep me posted if you come up with a solution I'll do the same....

will do ive been busy it has a tmo radio on it .. its my friends phone ...ill see if hes available tomorrow and ill give it a whirl ,, how did it go for you??
The Following User Says Thank You to NUGZZ420 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2012, 03:48 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 737

2,641 posts
Donate to Me
More
Any T-Mobile (t989) rom with telus radio (kj3) and Skyrocket kernel (faux 010m, dag 0.43pre2) has been a known working combo.
The Following User Says Thank You to icenight89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2012, 09:55 AM   |  #5  
Flag West Coast
Thanks Meter: 25

94 posts
More
I am on Juggernaut 5.0, Faux123 Skyrocket Kernal, and UVKL1 radio. Everything works...but I keep on getting back and forth with 3g and 4g. And its not fast speeds either. Im pretty bummed that I cant get this Skyrocket working on Tmobile at 100%. This phone rocks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YoshiNurijumi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th April 2012, 10:25 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 9

81 posts
do any of you guys have issues with wifi hotspot feature? Mine keeps erroring out.

I am on Juggernaut, faux with VK1
7th April 2012, 01:49 AM   |  #7  
Flag grandrapids,mi

91 posts
More
Mine works great..but I'm on 5g data...which I blew threw in less than a week ..again...now I've got clear internet..4g is super fast..no cap ..and no throttle...living life...

7th April 2012, 01:05 PM   |  #8  
Flag Delaware
Thanks Meter: 113

1,102 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylee

Mine works great..but I'm on 5g data...which I blew threw in less than a week ..again...now I've got clear internet..4g is super fast..no cap ..and no throttle...living life...

cant tell if trollin or just retarded.
7th April 2012, 09:54 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag OREGON

531 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd86

cant tell if trollin or just retarded.

I was wondering that myself
8th April 2012, 03:06 AM   |  #10  
Flag grandrapids,mi

91 posts
More
Really?...ive got black circles around both eyes from reading threads night after night....retarted?...sorry..i dont have wifi st my house...blow threw data pac like whut?...so when something works for me i posted it sorry..i pour concrete for a living and development interest me in a way were maybe i could make a living someday if i figure this **** out before i cmy body totally gives out....ok..im not smart like ya'll...but for christ sake ...give a guy a chance and grow up....happy easter.....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread