5,606,253 Members 31,909 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does anyone have a skyrocket on Tmobile??

Tip us?

NUGZZ420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 106
Default Does anyone have a skyrocket on Tmobile??

Ive been helping my buddy with his SGS2 skyrocket on T mobile service .. I was looking for some tips on apn and data speeds .. So im guessing they should get the same speed as a t mobile SGS2 sitting next to it or id like to think so .. but doing a test with 2 buddies phone on the same service with a t mobile sgs2 and the sgs2 i727 . the speed is different by a bit the i727 was getting 5 to 7 megs a sec and the tmo sgs2 was at like 14 megs a sec ??? So The sgs 2 says its getting at&t 4G witch I know is bull .. im running the isc leak (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1569798 ) but the speed is about the same on the GB ROM when we first unlocked it ...and ive got the http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1572198 radios in it ....so i get edge when im at my house but my buddy on his 3g at&t iPhone gets it right next to me .. also when im on 4 G im not really getting 4 g speeds ....I think i must be missing some setting apn is wrong or something .. ive tried searching the subject but i get over whelmed not knowing much about radios.. Ive been thinking about going to t mobile also and getting a t mobile sgs2 or the i727 because of the lte radio .. so if anyone can enlighten me on something im missing ...thanks a lot
EVERYTHING I POST IS JUST MY OPINION FROM THING"S I READ .. DO NOT QUOTE ME!!!! JUST TRYING TO HELP THE BEST I CAN !!!!!
PLEASE READ THE OP and THRED BEFORE FLASHING OR POSTING!!
★★★ DroidKang ★★★
✯ ✯ ✯ CHAOS KERNEL ✯ ✯ ✯

jeffreylee
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Have a kind of the same issue I haven't tried my t mobile sim on i c s yet gonna try now...I think if you flash a t 989 radio t mobile kernel and t mobile rom I cant see what else is left for it not think it is a t mobile phone..... As long as you can switch network providers and bands
Keep me posted if you come up with a solution I'll do the same....
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffreylee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NUGZZ420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylee View Post
Have a kind of the same issue I haven't tried my t mobile sim on i c s yet gonna try now...I think if you flash a t 989 radio t mobile kernel and t mobile rom I cant see what else is left for it not think it is a t mobile phone..... As long as you can switch network providers and bands
Keep me posted if you come up with a solution I'll do the same....
will do ive been busy it has a tmo radio on it .. its my friends phone ...ill see if hes available tomorrow and ill give it a whirl ,, how did it go for you??
EVERYTHING I POST IS JUST MY OPINION FROM THING"S I READ .. DO NOT QUOTE ME!!!! JUST TRYING TO HELP THE BEST I CAN !!!!!
★★★ DroidKang ★★★
✯ ✯ ✯ CHAOS KERNEL ✯ ✯ ✯
The Following User Says Thank You to NUGZZ420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

icenight89
Old
Thanks Meter 702

DONATE TO ME
Any T-Mobile (t989) rom with telus radio (kj3) and Skyrocket kernel (faux 010m, dag 0.43pre2) has been a known working combo.
The Following User Says Thank You to icenight89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

YoshiNurijumi
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I am on Juggernaut 5.0, Faux123 Skyrocket Kernal, and UVKL1 radio. Everything works...but I keep on getting back and forth with 3g and 4g. And its not fast speeds either. Im pretty bummed that I cant get this Skyrocket working on Tmobile at 100%. This phone rocks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YoshiNurijumi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jeweladdict
Old
Thanks Meter 9
do any of you guys have issues with wifi hotspot feature? Mine keeps erroring out.

I am on Juggernaut, faux with VK1

jeffreylee
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Mine works great..but I'm on 5g data...which I blew threw in less than a week ..again...now I've got clear internet..4g is super fast..no cap ..and no throttle...living life...

jamesd86
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylee View Post
Mine works great..but I'm on 5g data...which I blew threw in less than a week ..again...now I've got clear internet..4g is super fast..no cap ..and no throttle...living life...

cant tell if trollin or just retarded.
Past: HTC Dream, HTC Mytouch 3g, Samsung Vibrant, HTC Mytouch 4G, Samsung Infuse, Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket, Samsung Galaxy S II i777, Samsung Galaxy S II GT-i9100

Present: Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 PARANOID!

NUGZZ420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd86 View Post
cant tell if trollin or just retarded.
I was wondering that myself
★★★ DroidKang ★★★
✯ ✯ ✯ CHAOS KERNEL ✯ ✯ ✯

jeffreylee
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Really?...ive got black circles around both eyes from reading threads night after night....retarted?...sorry..i dont have wifi st my house...blow threw data pac like whut?...so when something works for me i posted it sorry..i pour concrete for a living and development interest me in a way were maybe i could make a living someday if i figure this **** out before i cmy body totally gives out....ok..im not smart like ya'll...but for christ sake ...give a guy a chance and grow up....happy easter.....