Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 42,350 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] STOCK Android 4.0 ICS BETA (V1037) for the Meizu MX and M9

Tip us?

willverduzco
Old
(Last edited by willverduzco; 31st March 2012 at 02:50 PM.)
Portal Administrator - OP
Thanks Meter 2839

DONATE TO ME
Angry [ROM] STOCK Android 4.0 ICS BETA (V1037) for the Meizu MX and M9

Today, Meizu has officially released the beta, vanilla version of Android 4.0 ICS for the MX and M9 devices. As alluded to above, this version does not feature Flyme, which is their custom user interface. In the future, however, Meizu tells me that they plan on releasing joint updates--one with Flyme, one without--so users can choose which they would prefer. Now if only Samsung and HTC could do the same with TouchWiz and Sense.

Good job Meizu. Now give us GPL kernel source.

MX Firmware Official Link: Mirror A | Mirror B - (MD5: 62cab4c71f2f584eb6a361bb49db0024)
M9 Firmware Official Link: Mirror A | Mirror B - (MD5: ccd08891ace5de80e9690c24c21b72c1)

[Official release thread on Meizu Forums]

Mirrors courtesy of Meizume Administrator nice2know_u:
MX: Mediafire
M9: Media Fire

_____

Rooting tool courtesy of datagutt
_____

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official Instructions and Issues
MX/M9 4.0 native test firmware V1037

The M9 4.0 native firmware has been resolved smaller memory problems, together with the MX firmware version released.

Note:
MX/M9 4.0 native test firmware V1037 upgrade process as follows:

1) Upgrade your data backup before you do the work. Contact data backup recommend the following three ways:
1.Contacts - Set - import and export contacts - Export to the SD card (upgrade to 4.0 successfully, contacts - menu - Import / Export recovery)
2. Use the Google Gmail sync contacts
3. Use Pea Pod (note: a popular phone manager software in China) can back up contacts and SMS (not MMS support)

2) copies of the system firmware to the SD card root directory -> shutdown -> press the power and volume button to upgrade the system;

3) Go to System Settings - Android system version is V4.0.3 version is 4.0.0-1037 explain the success of a firmware upgrade;

Users to download and upgrade the firmware of the test, please carefully read the following instructions to avoid unnecessary trouble:

1. Back up phone data.
2. Upgrade V4.0.3-12037 system must be removed when the data;
3. the upgrade process, ensure the battery is fully charged; do not pull the battery or other dangerous actions.

Issues:

1. Native Android 4.0 does not support Meizu backup and recovery, "Find the phone, flyme sync, batch installation AutoInstallAPK file, high bit rate or format music and video, Bluetooth and send the apk file, not its own file browser (Google Play store is recommended to download);

2. Not fully compatible with the 2.3 system can run the game software;

3. Set inside the developer option recommended to use only "USB debugging", "keep awake" and "allows analog sites, and other options used with caution;

Reminder: 4.0 native firmware for players to experience, ordinary users do not use only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Pei, Meizu
Hi Will,

Today, MEIZU released a public beta testing stock Android 4.0 ICS firmware for MX and M9. Please find the press release below, and get in touch if there are any questions.

###
Public Android 4.0 beta testing begins for MEIZU smartphones

MEIZU releases stock Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware for MX and M9

HONG KONG – March 30, 2012 – MEIZU has today released a public beta testing version of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for the MEIZU MX and M9. The newly released firmware will be based on stock Android 4.0 without any customizations.

The Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade brings an entirely new look and feel to Android on MEIZU MX and M9, with a redesigned user interface as well as new design and usage concepts.

Prior to the public beta testing, MEIZU launched a private beta testing program for Android 4.0, which began mid-February for the MEIZU M9. During the private beta, users were amazed at the speed and responsiveness of the testing firmware. The newly released public beta firmware brings many bug fixes and also the support for MEIZU’s flagship device, the MX.

With the release of the public beta testing stock Android firmware, the company continues supporting the MEIZU M9, a device that has been on the market for more than a year. By doing so, MEIZU once again displays its focused commitment to the user experience and satisfaction of its many customers and fans.

The ICS beta firmware is available as of today for the MEIZU MX and M9.

About MEIZU
Founded in 2003, MEIZU began producing music players which later came to be world renowned. Since 2008, all efforts have been focused on creating great smartphones, which has made the company one of China's most loved smartphone brands. As a company, MEIZU seeks to transcend convention and imagination, with the ultimate goal of making products worthy of dreams. For more information, please visit http://en.meizu.com
Now go ahead and root these puppies, start creating custom ROMs, and get back to me!
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a news tip! - [moderate | film | foto | develop]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to willverduzco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

willverduzco
Old
Thanks Meter 2839

DONATE TO ME
Default Installation Instructions

Installation is a breeze. Simply copy the update.bin files to your device, turn off your device, hold down Volume UP + Power, and follow the prompts.

For this particular installation, you may have massive force close issues if you don't clear your data prior to updating. This is due to going from a heavily-skinned 2.x to a bone-stock 4.0. Just be sure to wipe data, but back everything up beforehand.

Happy Flashing!
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a news tip! - [moderate | film | foto | develop]
The Following User Says Thank You to willverduzco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

potissimus
Old
(Last edited by potissimus; 31st March 2012 at 12:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Thanks for this.

Do you have have the MD5?

EDIT: I'm pretty sure they had it in the original post on the Chinese BBS, but it looks like it got removed when they updated with mirrors.

EDIT: I found another Chinese forum where they copied the original post. Here's the MD5 Checksum:

62cab4c71f2f584eb6a361bb49db0024
The Following User Says Thank You to potissimus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

datagutt
Old
Thanks Meter 664
This works perfectly on my HK MX. Now, give us gpl kernel, so XDA can create a meizu device forum
Devices:
Google Nexus 5 (Current)
Ouya
Sony Xperia ZR
Samsung Galaxy S3
Meizu MX
Samsung Galaxy S2
HTC Desire
Galaxy Spica
HTC Magic

MIUI porter and Norwegian translator.
Part of TeamBBQ, creators of BBQLog, OpenDesign and BBQdroid.

willverduzco
Old
Thanks Meter 2839

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by potissimus View Post
Thanks for this.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure they had it in the original post on the Chinese BBS, but it looks like it got removed when they updated with mirrors.
Downloading both mirrors to generate an MD5SUM. I'll update OP when I have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datagutt View Post
This works perfectly on my HK MX. Now, give us gpl kernel, so XDA can create a meizu device forum
Exactly. From what I am told, this is being actively worked on. When GPL source is released, I will have the appropriate forums created.
The Following User Says Thank You to willverduzco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

willverduzco
Old
(Last edited by willverduzco; 31st March 2012 at 12:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2839

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks for this.

EDIT: I found another Chinese forum where they copied the original post. Here's the MD5 Checksum:

62cab4c71f2f584eb6a361bb49db0024
Which version is this for?

EDIT: This is for the MX. I just checked my (verified working) MX download: 62cab4c71f2f584eb6a361bb49db0024
I am now downloading and will check the M9 update.

potissimus
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I'll save you some bandwidth.

The M9 MD5 Checksum is:
ccd08891ace5de80e9690c24c21b72c1
The Following User Says Thank You to potissimus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

willverduzco
Old
Thanks Meter 2839

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'll save you some bandwidth.

The M9 MD5 Checksum is:
ccd08891ace5de80e9690c24c21b72c1
Thank you. OP Updated.

potissimus
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by willverduzco View Post
Exactly. From what I am told, this is being actively worked on. When GPL source is released, I will have the appropriate forums created.
This makes me so happy to hear. I've been waiting for this for a while, but my attempts to contact Meizu about the issue have led to nothing so far, probably aggravated by my Chinese language deficiency. It's good to hear that you've at least heard that there's some movement.

willverduzco
Old
Thanks Meter 2839

DONATE TO ME
Apparently Gmail isn't included, nor can it be installed from the Market. However, this version works well.