Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,459 Members 37,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Rom] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2) | Task650 (6.24.13) AT&T

Tip us?
Red5 Old
#12221  
Guest
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by task650 View Post
you guys just missed me on rootzwiki live. i dont think they liked me saying the words XDA Developers, gay bars, no underwear, ect... on the show. lmao!!!
What did I miss?!?
 
task650
Old
#12222  
task650's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 47,431
Posts: 21,822
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5 View Post
What did I miss?!?
i said gay bars (they thought i was weird), i said butthole (they thought i was weird), i said "titties" (they got mad because its supposed to be a G-Rated show), I said XDA-Developers (they hated me). lol. but hey. i gotta free case for my galaxy nexus.
The Following User Says Thank You to task650 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tedkunich
Old
#12223  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 77
Posts: 310
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by task650 View Post
That's something that the AOKP team needs to work out if they choose bro. Its actually supposed to do that. Its a built in safety option for reboot. The power button to torch from I've seen causes some battery drain also and I would suggest using the toggle button in the notification bar for now at least.
I have not seen the schematic for the hardware, but my guess is that the power button is tied to dedicated hardware circuitry that reboots the system after being held for a couple of seconds. Don't see it ever being overridden in software. I've implemented that feature on a new device I'm designing - simple one chip solution that resets the cpu after a prescribed period of time, the cpu has no say in the matter. :)

T


Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
 
task650
Old
#12224  
task650's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 47,431
Posts: 21,822
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon

 
DONATE TO ME
by the way guys. Romanb updated the AOKP Backup app so it should work on all devices now. It is awesome. restoring is even easier now.

P.S- I'm uploading Build 37 in 5 minutes.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to task650 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dmnall
Old
#12225  
dmnall's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 222
Posts: 560
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Goleta, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by task650 View Post
i said gay bars (they thought i was weird), i said butthole (they thought i was weird), i said "titties" (they got mad because its supposed to be a G-Rated show), I said XDA-Developers (they hated me). lol. but hey. i gotta free case for my galaxy nexus.
You bro are an inspiration to how a kick ass dev should all strive to be!

Cheers,
Charlie

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
 
nismax
Old
#12226  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 339
Posts: 644
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bowling green
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedkunich View Post
I have not seen the schematic for the hardware, but my guess is that the power button is tied to dedicated hardware circuitry that reboots the system after being held for a couple of seconds. Don't see it ever being overridden in software. I've implemented that feature on a new device I'm designing - simple one chip solution that resets the cpu after a prescribed period of time, the cpu has no say in the matter. :)

T


Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
He must be joking. If someone would disable it somehow then only other way would be to pull battery out.

Using torch by pressing power button reminds me of this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaEfU...e_gdata_player

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to nismax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
task650
Old
(Last edited by task650; 24th May 2012 at 06:02 AM.)
#12227  
task650's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 47,431
Posts: 21,822
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon

 
DONATE TO ME
In the OP for download guys.


Build 37
Added CM9's "Apollo" Music App
make toggle layout selection more user friendly
update NovaLauncher to 1.1.4
Updated Kernel
There wasn't much left to update considering I already added most of Build 37 into 5.22.2012 Release
Screw this Changelog. I'll get an official Changelog when AOKP Team releases their Build 37.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to task650 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
task650
Old
#12228  
task650's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 47,431
Posts: 21,822
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismax View Post
He must be joking. If someone would disable it somehow then only other way would be to pull battery out.

Using torch by pressing power button reminds me of this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaEfU...e_gdata_player

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
Lmao! I love this one. Perfect bro.
The Following User Says Thank You to task650 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kamots
Old
#12229  
kamots's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 295
Posts: 1,500
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by task650 View Post
I did do time. but it obvious that the laws are different where you live from where I live. I was sentenced under Special Conditions to keep my gun rights due to the fact that my 1 felony was non-violent (DUI) and i had no prior criminal history. All I had to do was wait 3 years, applied, and here I am with as much rights as you have. So shhhh... tell anyone you want.


P.S- I'm thankful that with money, just about anything can be bought. Thanks Attorney!
Shoot in Georgia if you get convicted if a misdemeanor under family violence you lose the right to carry a gun. And if your a cop and get a family violence charge, your done. You'll never be a cop in Ga again. Georgia has some weird jacked up laws

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
 
task650
Old
#12230  
task650's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 47,431
Posts: 21,822
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamots View Post
Shoot in Georgia if you get convicted if a misdemeanor under family violence you lose the right to carry a gun. And if your a cop and get a family violence charge, your done. You'll never be a cop in Ga again. Georgia has some weird jacked up laws

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Same here in Oregon.

Tags
and are phone is, aokp, at&t i-777, awesome, curing blindness, illiterate noobs, mr. rogers, open source, random banter, rated pg, read the faq, rom, search or gtfo, task is awesome, taskbros, taskonians, this rom tastes like victory, we're #1!, west coast beauty, you're welcome for the rom
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes