OP task650

2nd April 2012, 05:14 PM   |  #501  
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 117

592 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycmalu

Download MX player. Should solve your problem if you're talking about videos physically stored on your device. If you're talking about streaming videos, then I can't suggest anything. YouTube, ESPN, and the like play just fine for me.

Espn works for you? Mine won't play.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
2nd April 2012, 05:19 PM   |  #502  
Thanks Meter: 752

2,791 posts
More
MWik, me and you both. I have tried everything. I installed mx video player still doesn't play. I have pulled gallery.apk's videoplayer.apk's from other roms and still won't play. FACK!!!!
2nd April 2012, 05:22 PM   |  #503  
Thanks Meter: 651

1,804 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxsteve31

Is cwm rommanager?

Sent from my GS2.

I will try to give a brief explanation.

Rom manager as I understand is an app that finds updates for supported roms. It will download and flash for you. At this time it only works with Cyanogen roms specifically cm 9 builds using it with other roms will most likely end with a soft brick.

CWM is a recovery that is included in kernels that allows you to flash zip files that are packaged to be used with it. Those include roms, modems, and alot of other things.
The Following User Says Thank You to adfurgerson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2012, 05:23 PM   |  #504  
Thanks Meter: 7

64 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5

I finally caught up on all my reported posts/threads (thanks Miami!!! ) and Im downloading this now. My phone is in the middle of a TB and Nandroid. Flashing in the next few minutes...

Thanks to Task/Fenny for this!!!

Why must some people SPAM discussion threads with crap like "downloading now" or "installing now"??!! DON'T write such crap in threads. Instead wait until you complete the installation, test it, then write a message in the discussion thread with your findings! Can an admin please DELETE such SPAM messages that DO NOT tell anything useful to readers?
2nd April 2012, 05:24 PM   |  #505  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,851

21,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson

I will try to give a brief explanation.

Rom manager as I understand is an app that finds updates for supported roms. It will download and flash for you. At this time it only works with Cyanogen roms specifically cm 9 builds using it with other roms will most likely end with a soft brick.

CWM is a recovery that is included in kernels that allows you to flash zip files that are packaged to be used with it. Those include roms, modems, and alot of other things.

Stop trolling my thread dude.
2nd April 2012, 05:26 PM   |  #506  
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 117

592 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehkim

MWik, me and you both. I have tried everything. I installed mx video player still doesn't play. I have pulled gallery.apk's videoplayer.apk's from other roms and still won't play. FACK!!!!

Yeah I hear sound but no video and a error message will pop up.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
Red5
2nd April 2012, 05:31 PM   |  #507  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Im getting lower signals and low data speeds, I think I need to change to the phone APN...

Also, Im a giant fan of AOSP MMS, but is there a black version like there was for GingerBread? The all white hurts my eyes and my battery.

All in all, I dont think Ill be going back to a TW based rom. Great work Task.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2012, 05:37 PM   |  #508  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,851

21,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5

Im getting lower signals and low data speeds, I think I need to change to the phone APN...

Also, Im a giant fan of AOSP MMS, but is there a black version like there was for GingerBread? The all white hurts my eyes and my battery.

All in all, I dont think Ill be going back to a TW based rom. Great work Task.

i did have to change to the phone apn myself. went from 3down 1.5up to 6down to 2up.

here you go sweetheart. lol.

FLASH IN CWM!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?pjk4043f8iakg3w
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to task650 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2012, 05:38 PM   |  #509  
Thanks Meter: 651

1,804 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by task650

Stop trolling my thread dude.

Trolling? I apoligize by the time I had typed out my response on my phone you had already replied. Would you explain what I did wrong . I am not sure what the definition of a troll is.
2nd April 2012, 05:41 PM   |  #510  
Miramar
Thanks Meter: 229

1,951 posts
More
This ROM is awesome... only issues I've noticed is SMS notifications don't go off sometimes.... additionally it does get a little sluggish from time to time. Otherwise this things solid.

Sent from my SGH-I777

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
and are phone is, aokp, at&t i-777, awesome, curing blindness, illiterate noobs, mr. rogers, open source, random banter, rated pg, read the faq, rom, search or gtfo, task is awesome, taskbros, taskonians, this rom tastes like victory, we're #1!, west coast beauty, you're welcome for the rom
Previous Thread Next Thread