Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,313 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Rom] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2) | Task650 (6.24.13) AT&T

Tip us?

MWilkenson
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycmalu View Post
Download MX player. Should solve your problem if you're talking about videos physically stored on your device. If you're talking about streaming videos, then I can't suggest anything. YouTube, ESPN, and the like play just fine for me.
Espn works for you? Mine won't play.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
Phone: (AT&T) Samsung Galaxy S3 running AOKP

stevehkim
Old
Thanks Meter 751
MWik, me and you both. I have tried everything. I installed mx video player still doesn't play. I have pulled gallery.apk's videoplayer.apk's from other roms and still won't play. FACK!!!!
JKay Framework
Xposed
S4 Golden Eye Rom

adfurgerson
Old
Thanks Meter 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxsteve31 View Post
Is cwm rommanager?

Sent from my GS2.
I will try to give a brief explanation.

Rom manager as I understand is an app that finds updates for supported roms. It will download and flash for you. At this time it only works with Cyanogen roms specifically cm 9 builds using it with other roms will most likely end with a soft brick.

CWM is a recovery that is included in kernels that allows you to flash zip files that are packaged to be used with it. Those include roms, modems, and alot of other things.
The Following User Says Thank You to adfurgerson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bucegiomu
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5 View Post
I finally caught up on all my reported posts/threads (thanks Miami!!! ) and Im downloading this now. My phone is in the middle of a TB and Nandroid. Flashing in the next few minutes...

Thanks to Task/Fenny for this!!!
Why must some people SPAM discussion threads with crap like "downloading now" or "installing now"??!! DON'T write such crap in threads. Instead wait until you complete the installation, test it, then write a message in the discussion thread with your findings! Can an admin please DELETE such SPAM messages that DO NOT tell anything useful to readers?

task650
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 47215

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson View Post
I will try to give a brief explanation.

Rom manager as I understand is an app that finds updates for supported roms. It will download and flash for you. At this time it only works with Cyanogen roms specifically cm 9 builds using it with other roms will most likely end with a soft brick.

CWM is a recovery that is included in kernels that allows you to flash zip files that are packaged to be used with it. Those include roms, modems, and alot of other things.
Stop trolling my thread dude.

MWilkenson
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehkim View Post
MWik, me and you both. I have tried everything. I installed mx video player still doesn't play. I have pulled gallery.apk's videoplayer.apk's from other roms and still won't play. FACK!!!!
Yeah I hear sound but no video and a error message will pop up.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
Phone: (AT&T) Samsung Galaxy S3 running AOKP
Red5 Old
Thanks Meter
Im getting lower signals and low data speeds, I think I need to change to the phone APN...

Also, Im a giant fan of AOSP MMS, but is there a black version like there was for GingerBread? The all white hurts my eyes and my battery.

All in all, I dont think Ill be going back to a TW based rom. Great work Task.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

task650
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 47215

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5 View Post
Im getting lower signals and low data speeds, I think I need to change to the phone APN...

Also, Im a giant fan of AOSP MMS, but is there a black version like there was for GingerBread? The all white hurts my eyes and my battery.

All in all, I dont think Ill be going back to a TW based rom. Great work Task.
i did have to change to the phone apn myself. went from 3down 1.5up to 6down to 2up.

here you go sweetheart. lol.

FLASH IN CWM!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?pjk4043f8iakg3w
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to task650 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adfurgerson
Old
Thanks Meter 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by task650 View Post
Stop trolling my thread dude.
Trolling? I apoligize by the time I had typed out my response on my phone you had already replied. Would you explain what I did wrong . I am not sure what the definition of a troll is.

Alucardis666
Old
Thanks Meter 229
This ROM is awesome... only issues I've noticed is SMS notifications don't go off sometimes.... additionally it does get a little sluggish from time to time. Otherwise this things solid.

Sent from my SGH-I777

If anything in this post helped or amused you, please hit the thanks button.

Nexus 5 32GB Black on AT&T + Spigen NeoHybrid Slate
Macbook Pro 13" Retina 512GB Haswell [Fall 2013]
Retina iPad Mini 32GB Space Grey with Apple Black Leather Smart Case

Tags
and are phone is, aokp, at&t i-777, awesome, curing blindness, illiterate noobs, mr. rogers, open source, random banter, rated pg, read the faq, rom, search or gtfo, task is awesome, taskbros, taskonians, this rom tastes like victory, we're #1!, west coast beauty, you're welcome for the rom
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe