No registration required
Thread Closed

[Rom] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2) | Task650 (6.24.13) AT&T

OP task650

25th April 2012, 11:16 AM   |  #6031  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 305

1,524 posts
I may be wrong, but I thought I read in the siyah thread that you could not dual boot a gb ROM and an ICS Rom at the same time because the partitions were different. someone please correct me if that's not right.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
25th April 2012, 11:18 AM   |  #6032  
Flag Mission Viejo
Thanks Meter: 13

97 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamots

I may be wrong, but I thought I read in the siyah thread that you could not dual boot a gb ROM and an ICS Rom at the same time because the partitions were different. someone please correct me if that's not right.

I'm pretty sure the reason you can't dual boot a gb rom is because it requires a different version of siyah kernel.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
25th April 2012, 11:19 AM   |  #6033  
Thanks Meter: 54

145 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjr1300sgs2

Having trouble with the switching of Bluetooth sources on Scala Rider G4 motorcycle headsets. I know this is a non issue for 99.999%. Just thought I would bring it up. When an intercom call is initiated and my phone is active playing music it will lock both mine and the other riders G4. Getting ready for a motorcycle trip so we did some troubleshooting. There are three of us, two SGS2's running latest AOKP, one iPhone 4. I returned to a GB backup and problem is gone for me and iphone. I assume it has something to do with the bluetooth stack. I also assume I cant run GB bluetooth stacks on ICS.

Do I have any options other than dual booting a GB ROM for the trip?

Thanks for your help!!!

Pretty sure your option is not really an option. You can't dual boot GB and ICS roms since they use different kernels. Sorry I can't help more, but I just wanted to put that out there.
25th April 2012, 12:19 PM   |  #6034  
Thanks Meter: 5

78 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamots

I think you are correct. I know I remember reading something to that affect. O well, maybe CM9 will release some new stacks before the ride.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
25th April 2012, 12:58 PM   |  #6035  
Flag Kentucky, USA
Thanks Meter: 26

180 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycmalu

Pretty sure your option is not really an option. You can't dual boot GB and ICS roms since they use different kernels. Sorry I can't help more, but I just wanted to put that out there.

You may want to try out a few different modems just to be sure.
25th April 2012, 02:08 PM   |  #6036  
Thanks Meter: 54

145 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpenticuff

You may want to try out a few different modems just to be sure.

I think you quoted the wrong person. I'm fine with neak and AOKP I was just letting the other guy know that siyah only supports dual booting of ICS ROMs.
25th April 2012, 02:12 PM   |  #6037  
Thanks Meter: 11

105 posts
I've had lockup issues using NEAK, so rolled back to CM. Mainly when using Navigation app and also when plugging in. Tried complete wipe, kernel cleaner, etc.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium App
25th April 2012, 02:19 PM   |  #6038  
Flag Northport, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,329

4,620 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrddogx

I've had lockup issues using NEAK, so rolled back to CM. Mainly when using Navigation app and also when plugging in. Tried complete wipe, kernel cleaner, etc.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium App

What about using a different governer

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
25th April 2012, 02:23 PM   |  #6039  
Thanks Meter: 1,945

3,433 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sengfeng

After installing the updated release, full wipe, no TiBackup restores (just stuff direct from market), I've been plagued with seemingly random hangs. The screen stays on, but the cap buttons don't respond (no vibrate, no lights). Only thing that works is about 10 seconds of holding down power. I even tried wiping & re-flashing the zip & Gapps a second time with the same result after a few minutes. One of the pauses was right as I plugged my USB cable in to charge from my PC - Possibly related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefTaker

Nah, mine's doing the same thing and I made sure to grab the re-worked Build 34. Did a FULL WIPE and used Jivy's kernel cleaning script but I believe it's the NEAK kernel. I may have to revert to the CM9 kernel which is a shame since the NEAK kernel is quite nice and it also shows my microSDHC as the external <-- this didn't happen in any of the previous builds in CWM.

I noticed that NEAK might give me problems when it refused to reboot properly the first time after flashing everything. It just stuck in CWM with the screen slightly dimmed and the text had a vertically wavy motion...Had to hold down the power button for 10-12 seconds to reboot --> got sent back to CWM and clicked on 'Reboot now' and it rebooted fine.

Plugged into PC just now and phone froze so I'm saying it's NEAK. When I was on GB, my phone never did like Siyah (even w/o UV'ing or OC'ing). Always stuck with Entropy's DD.

May have to revert back to CM9 stock kernel as it's always been buttery smooth for me with great battery life but I do want to give NEAK a try.

If I have a couple more issues, I'll have to revert the kernel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMudder77

I too am having issues with the NEAK kernal. Random freezes, lockups. often when plugging into charger or PC.

Some phones are picky, didnt think mine was, guess I was wrong.
Easy fix, just putting the info out. Seems quite a few have issues.

Download the NEAK app from Play store - choose CPU control, Edit Settings, Set on boot, change to ondemand (and I picked noop, but your choice). make sure to choose "Apply Settings". then go to NEAK Options, and scroll down, choose "apply settings and reboot". I have one of the touchy phones - can't run Siyah, and was freezing and rebooting with NEAK especially on plug/unplug, and this cured it completely. I also have AFTR enabled and I'm still fine.
25th April 2012, 02:46 PM   |  #6040  
Thanks Meter: 363

1,056 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alacrify

Download the NEAK app from Play store - choose CPU control, Edit Settings, Set on boot, change to ondemand (and I picked noop, but your choice). make sure to choose "Apply Settings". then go to NEAK Options, and scroll down, choose "apply settings and reboot". I have one of the touchy phones - can't run Siyah, and was freezing and rebooting with NEAK especially on plug/unplug, and this cured it completely. I also have AFTR enabled and I'm still fine.

I'm curious... So Voltage Control Pro and SetCPU are useless for this kernel?

Sent from myphone.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
and are phone is, aokp, at&t i-777, awesome, curing blindness, illiterate noobs, mr. rogers, open source, random banter, rated pg, read the faq, rom, search or gtfo, task is awesome, taskbros, taskonians, this rom tastes like victory, we're #1!, west coast beauty, you're welcome for the rom
Previous Thread Next Thread