[Rom] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2) | Task650 (6.24.13) AT&T

29th April 2012, 09:49 PM   |  #7311  
Flag Missouri
Thanks Meter: 23

536 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_25

Yes it will, just make sure after you install, to go into preferences--->backup folder location--->detect button--->whole device. It will scan and find the last location used for backup. You can then select that.

I was just catching up on this thread when I came up on your post. You just solved a problem I didn't know I had. Now I know how to find my backups from rom to rom.
Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
29th April 2012, 09:50 PM   |  #7312  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender127

been using aokp for the past month or so now and been loving it. but i recently just updated to 4.28 but i'm getting this weird ring around my 1x1 contact widgets on my homescreen now. i did a full wipe and followed all the instructions like i normally do when i update or switch roms and this has never happened before. any ideas what might be causing this?

Having the same issue. Ring around 1x1 contact image and also a strange glow effect in the 4x1 contact. Tried wiping both caches and re-applying ROM & GApps. Also tried switching kernel to Siyah - same issue.

Anyone else?
29th April 2012, 09:54 PM   |  #7313  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 47,842

21,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinDaku

Having the same issue. Ring around 1x1 contact image and also a strange glow effect in the 4x1 contact. Tried wiping both caches and re-applying ROM & GApps. Also tried switching kernel to Siyah - same issue.

Anyone else?

not seeing it at all. but if you have an issue. why didnt you fully wipe as it states in the OP to do? wiping both caches does nothing for things that need a full wipe. so in short, you did nothing to try and fix the issue bro.

Last edited by task650; 29th April 2012 at 09:57 PM.
29th April 2012, 10:07 PM   |  #7314  
Flag North Arlington
Thanks Meter: 15

114 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alacrify

If you haven't tried Quickpic, you should - it's replaced the gallery for me completely.

Haha that's exactly what I'm using now.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
29th April 2012, 10:21 PM   |  #7315  
Flag Delaware
Thanks Meter: 2,047

4,452 posts
More
For me, whether its upgrading from a previous release of aokp or to a different rom, I always wipe. Everything. Data cache dalvik and system. I have rom toolbox for my apps and SMS backup and restore for my SMS. Really, it only takes a few minutes to restore everything back to exactly like it was. I'd much rather make SURE everything is completely fresh and clean than risk running into an issue and then not knowing if its my fault for not wiping or the new rom/update. Just my thing tho.

The Following User Says Thank You to Phalanx7621 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 10:23 PM   |  #7316  
Thanks Meter: 59

254 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierpunkreno

Still having stock gallery problem. Wound up downloading a gallery app from the market as a temp solution. It reads all my photos without a problem.

I don't think this is an AOKP issue. It happened to me on another ICS rom and my fix was to format and rebuild my internal SD. After that, Gallery worked normally.
29th April 2012, 10:32 PM   |  #7317  
Thanks Meter: 1,945

3,433 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverup

I don't think this is an AOKP issue. It happened to me on another ICS rom and my fix was to format and rebuild my internal SD. After that, Gallery worked normally.

I didn't have a gallery problem, but I did have some issues (reported corrupt files) when I first switched to ICS, so I copied everything off the external card, formatted, and copied back - which may be why I haven't seen any problems since.
29th April 2012, 10:48 PM   |  #7318  
Flag Southgate
Thanks Meter: 291

2,167 posts
More
Is there a way to backup SMS in titanium backup? I remember seeing it somewhere....I was happy to see an option to backup my apn settings but I don't see anything that would backup my SMS.

29th April 2012, 10:53 PM   |  #7319  
Thanks Meter: 36

246 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Forum

SHOULD is definitely the operative word there.

I have never gotten an upgrade to not have issues. Full wipe is a must for me now

29th April 2012, 10:55 PM   |  #7320  
Thanks Meter: 36

246 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyredcorn

Is there a way to backup SMS in titanium backup? I remember seeing it somewhere....I was happy to see an option to backup my apn settings but I don't see anything that would backup my SMS.

I believe if you perform a full backup of user ans system apps you can select a green link named SMS backup and restore your SMS messages.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
and are phone is, aokp, at&t i-777, awesome, curing blindness, illiterate noobs, mr. rogers, open source, random banter, rated pg, read the faq, rom, search or gtfo, task is awesome, taskbros, taskonians, this rom tastes like victory, we're #1!, west coast beauty, you're welcome for the rom
Previous Thread Next Thread