Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,796 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Rom] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2) | Task650 (6.24.13) AT&T

Tip us?

Jank4AU
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1652

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRaider View Post
Thanks, I noticed that right before you posted. Gonna try it out now.
I think it makes a huge difference outdoors. Just remember to change it back when you go inside or everything will look washed out and colors might appear banded.

ROM: ParanoidAndroid 4.4+ 2014-06-29
AT&T LG G2 - D800
TWRP 2.7.0.0

cdjaney
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5 View Post
Damn, my phone started rebooting again. I guess my phone dosent like 5/1.
I know this is probably pointless to say Red, BUT, I was having random reboot probs on 4/28 myself (don't remember which build...pretty sure second release). Wiping and re-flashing didn't seem to help....but then I downloaded the ROM from the mirror link instead...and never had a prob again.

Now, I don't know if it was the third wipe, I got a bad d/l the first time, OR the different link. But there's my take...FWIW.

dmnall
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Thats my special Dev!

Dance puppet, dance...
ROFLMAO pretty cold for your special dev there bro..

Gotta love the thread, dev and mod here!

Cheers,
Charlie

anthonywoo
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGSII View Post
Task has embraced off topic discussion fyi
Still I have see people get bent out of shape when people post off subject even Task. Gotta be fair

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

dmnall
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Hey Task,
When are you going to put Freak Cancer back in the Tags, and I will say Freak Cancer not only for your daughter but also for MCA of the Beastie Boys!

Cheers,
Charlie
The Following User Says Thank You to dmnall For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FireRaider
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu. View Post
I hear ya. I'm still running ShoStock and haven't switched to try this officially yet. I'm trying to lurk the thread for a few days before I dive in hoping to be able to answer my own questions.

You should give it a shot. I was running SHOstock2, CM9, and Phone-Bricker. Rotating between them all every week. All good ROMs but each one had a little something I didn't quite like.
CM9 for instance wouldn't go back to the home screen after a call ended and when I tried this ROM I was very pleasantly surprised to see the check box option enabled. SHO and Bricker were giving me an odd random data connection loss I could never pin down.

Plus, apparently if you ask a valid question they won't tear you apart here. As evidenced by me getting two very good helps almost immediately.
ATT GS4 I337
Rom: SHOstock.

Galaxy S2 I777 & T989 : Daily Drivers
Rom: AOKP or some derivative, or maybe SHOstock

Captivate I-897 :backup x 3
Rom: Slim or something else

Tilt2:
Rom: FireStorm 7.4 or Android 2.2
Radio: 4.49.25.91

G1: got 3 of these now
Rom: CM6.1 or Laszlo 5.2
Radio: 2.22.27.08
Hboot: 1.33.0013d
Recovery: RA-dream-v1.7.0-cyan

Tilt :my first and favorite
Rom:NATF

dmnall
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu. View Post
I hear ya. I'm still running ShoStock and haven't switched to try this officially yet. I'm trying to lurk the thread for a few days before I dive in hoping to be able to answer my own questions.

I do have a quick question, I hear a rumor about this "notification bug" when listening to audio with this ROM that it'll mess up music playback. What's up with that and has it been resolved? I haven't seen it brought up for a good couple of pages...
As much respect as I have for Shoman with his SHOstock2, once I switched over to aokp and I did a lot of reading and just enjoyed the humor and the way Task everyone's replies here are great. I admit I have asked a question over in Shomans post because after reading through older posts from the time, I just did not like the response I got from him. Where if I run into any issues Task and other respond quickly. Plus add the fact that after running aosp, touchwiz based roms sucks *especially ics versions gb was not too bad* end of story! I say try this rom, you will probably not want to go back to any tw based roms at all! Just a word of caution, if you run into any issues, most are fixed by full wipe and if the issue still persists and no one has posted it, should not be a problem getting any kind of negative responses here!

For your second part about the Notification Bug when listening to music, internet radio *tune in* and Pandora, acts exactly like Stock, UnNamed, and SHOStock2, the volume lowers down on the music but in my experience returns to normal afterwards with out any issues..

HTH,
Charlie

eep2378
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1890

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Damn, my phone started rebooting again. I guess my phone dosent like 5/1.
Did you try Siyah? I haven't had any reboots/ freeze on it.

Sent from the Nodes of Ranvier
Nexus 5 (White, 32GB)
Rom: L preview
Kernel: stock

"Physics makes us all its bitches"

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/eep2378

Red5 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by eep2378 View Post
Did you try Siyah? I haven't had any reboots/ freeze on it.

Sent from the Nodes of Ranvier
My phone hates Siyah.

TonyStark
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5135
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpazevedo View Post
Task, are you going to do an unboxing with the HTC One X?
Bro, already been done. He loved it so much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ix2n...hannel&list=UL

Tags
and are phone is, aokp, at&t i-777, awesome, curing blindness, illiterate noobs, mr. rogers, open source, random banter, rated pg, read the faq, rom, search or gtfo, task is awesome, taskbros, taskonians, this rom tastes like victory, we're #1!, west coast beauty, you're welcome for the rom
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe