Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] SHV-E120S Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE

OP WPLight

31st March 2012, 07:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Hello,

I bought Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SHV-E120S)

it's Unlocked,

but When I want to update phone from
"Settings > About Phone > Software update > Update"

I get this message:
"Failed to software update. Use SKT USIM to progress update."

Is there a solution for this problem?

Also,
Can I add Spanish language for keyboard? How?
and, Is there ICS update for this's phone?

Thank you for helping!
3rd April 2012, 04:35 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 9

303 posts
Donate to Me
Assuming you no longer have a skt sim card you could try to update it on the pc using a USB cable and Kies software.... Good luck our phone get .05% attention...
5th April 2012, 09:53 AM   |  #3  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrator

Assuming you no longer have a skt sim card you could try to update it on the pc using a USB cable and Kies software.... Good luck our phone get .05% attention...

But when I use Kies to update, it shows on screen that, the device does not support using kies for update.

Why? any special techniques to deal with it?
6th April 2012, 07:09 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Barcelona

6 posts
More
okay!

I using this app: Market Enabler
https :// play . google . com/store/apps/details?id=com.notenking.me

and select SKT operator.

then I can update from:
"Settings > About Phone > Software update > Update"

Now!
We are waiting ICS ROM.

regards!
17th May 2012, 02:20 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
More
Only GPRS?
I bought an SHV-F120K to be used in an 900Mhz carrier however I only got GPRS? I used it before with a galaxy nexus without any problem. It is some software to change this situation?

thanks
Last edited by jfavellanedab; 17th May 2012 at 02:26 PM.
30th May 2012, 04:35 PM   |  #6  

7 posts
Exclamation Galaxy s2 hd lte shv-120l
GALAXY S2 HD LTE SHV-120L
It hangs during call
It drops the call
while I try to dial it says the message "not registered on network" and after some time it again gets connected to the network but during call 90% of the time it delivers problematic calling experience...
15th October 2012, 05:33 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 9

17 posts
Not able to update through Kies
Hello Guys,
I am not able to update my Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SHV-E120S) through Kies , always its detecting my phone and showing
Current Firmware version : PDA : UE11 / PHONE:UE10
Latest Firmware version : PDA : UH20 / PHONE:UH17
When i press update its will start downloading firmware and after 100% , downlading firmware window will disappear and there is no response from Kies

I bought this phone from Korea and its unlocked.I tried to update from phone option (Settings => About Phone => Software Update => Update) using Wifi , its throwing Failed to update software. Use SKT USIM to progress update.

Any possible way to update my phone to UH20 and UH17 firmware versions?
If anyone is having the above firmware , kindly share it..Please help me to fix this problem
Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CROP12)S.jpg
Views:	1562
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	1403991  
21st October 2012, 10:36 PM   |  #8  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anijith Anirudhan

Hello Guys,
I am not able to update my Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SHV-E120S) through Kies , always its detecting my phone and showing
When i press update its will start downloading firmware and after 100% , downlading firmware window will disappear and there is no response from Kies

I bought this phone from Korea and its unlocked.I tried to update from phone option (Settings => About Phone => Software Update => Update) using Wifi , its throwing Failed to update software. Use SKT USIM to progress update.

If anyone is having the above firmware , kindly share it..Please help me to fix this problem
Thanks in advance

I have problem same you....
Then I factory reset and connect phone to kies again... and can upgrade now i use ICS 4.0.4
14th November 2012, 08:38 AM   |  #9  
Flag Gyeongsangnam Province
Thanks Meter: 23

324 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anijith Anirudhan

Hello Guys,

Thanks in advance

If a factory reset doesn't help you then visit the thread on Rootzwiki for the firmware that you are looking for
The Following User Says Thank You to tanclo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2012, 04:22 PM   |  #10  

10 posts
SHV-E120S how to update to 4.0.4
What I did is to first use the ODIN to install the rooted kernals (you could find in XDA links). Use the standar ODIN procedure and clear the cache.
Then use the market enabler app to set your region to S.Korea. As the market enabler need to have a root permission.
Make sure that once you set this, you do not open the Google play or do anything, other than connecting to Kies.
Kies will show you the latest update for your device, go ahead & update. Welcome to ICS.

I used the ODIN to move to a rooted kernal since any root procedure in the internet was not helping me to get the phone rooted.
PS: Try at your own risk. Though I do not see any problem to happen in between other than the ODIN flash. I suppose I took the rooted tegrak kernal.
Also one more tip, if after the root Kies is not detecting the phone, try the procedures to un-root the phone & retry.

Enjoiii
Last edited by surajr; 14th November 2012 at 04:26 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread