Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 48,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] ZN Custom Firmware - 1.014.00_ZN-v1.2

Tip us?

bizarre.static
Old
Thanks Meter 2
the slowed down cpu is for better battery life? might be installing later

ZeroNull
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 377
You're right.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeroNull For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

utctigers
Old
Thanks Meter 2
What impact would slowing the cpu have on the overall performance? Thanks

Theonew
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by utctigers View Post
What impact would slowing the cpu have on the overall performance? Thanks
Some tasks (especially heavier ones) will not be as snappy (only if the cpu is limited to the slower speed also depending on how slow it is set to). The battery life should be significantly better though.

Raul77
Old
Thanks Meter 30
thanks, any plan on adding USB host mode?

ptesmoke
Old
Thanks Meter 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theonew View Post
Some tasks (especially heavier ones) will not be as snappy (only if the cpu is limited to the slower speed also depending on how slow it is set to). The battery life should be significantly better though.
is there a reason we cant incorporate smoothass governors etc into the kernel? limiting to 500mhz is pretty unproductive...if your require alot of processing itll take twice as long at 500mhz to accomplish its instructions...thus using the cpu twice as long as it would have if it was able to ramp up to 1ghz to take care of it.

lower cpu is only helpful in an idle state to conserve power...why on earth would we want to lock it at half its speed?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
The depressing thing about tennis is, no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall. -Mitch Hedberg

Theonew
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptesmoke View Post
is there a reason we cant incorporate smoothass governors etc into the kernel? limiting to 500mhz is pretty unproductive...if your require alot of processing itll take twice as long at 500mhz to accomplish its instructions...thus using the cpu twice as long as it would have if it was able to ramp up to 1ghz to take care of it.

lower cpu is only helpful in an idle state to conserve power...why on earth would we want to lock it at half its speed?

No, there is nothing stopping the integration of more governors into the kernel. If you do heavy usage on the tab with the cpu underclocked so low (and limited at that point), then yes, it will put more strain on the processor. One would want it set so low for conserving battery (and not really using the tab for anything e.g. While you're sleeping). I usually set profiles on my devices to lower the frequency and set the governor to conservative when the screen is off (never done it on this device though).

JusThinK
Old
Thanks Meter 111

DONATE TO ME
Thanks and congratulations ZN for the first ROM on A100.

Acer Ring working fine but we need to fix the oversize issue of ring and lock screen.

@Sent from My Acer Iconia A100

Nokia Lumia 620/820/920
Nokia Phone | Nokia 5800 | N8 | Lumia 800

Acer Iconia A100 - Unlocked.
Transcend microSDHC Class 4 32 GB LTW
Nokia BH 505 SOLD

Join & Let us both have DropBox(2 GB+250 MB)

Show ur Love, Like Lumia on FaceBook http://lumia.technochat.in/

ZeroNull
Old
(Last edited by ZeroNull; 1st April 2012 at 08:16 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul77 View Post
thanks, any plan on adding USB host mode?
Our hardware (motherboard) doesn't support it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptesmoke View Post

The reason is called "kernel sources". Without 'em we can't do anything (overclock, add governors) with our processor.

If you look at the usage of frequences, you'll see, that 80% of the working time the frequence is 200 mgz. And while testing, I didn't meet any problems with 456mgz, all the programs and games work smooth, and still 80% of the usage time is on 200mgz.

If you don't like this slowing down, why on earth you can't disable is? everything is written in the 1st post

samco08
Old
(Last edited by samco08; 1st April 2012 at 10:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Default thx

Thx to you !!!
Il Will try it today.

Systèm in RW mod ?
The memory swap is integrated ?
Obligation of full wipe before installation ?

And the last question... have we to make a advanced restoration of the unlocked Boot with CWM after flashing.

THANK YOU in advance for your answers to my question.....

Tags
acer a100, custom, cwm, rom