5,598,542 Members 45,357 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: do you have connectivity issues on the STOCK rom?
yes 13 68.42%
no 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Droid 4 connection issues

Tip us?

liquidoc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Droid 4 connection issues

Has anyone else noticed their DROID 4 dropping data connectivity seemingly randomly and requiring a reboot to pick it back up? I know that I am...and I'm wondering if Motorola can't make it hang onto a data connection how hash is ever going to mmake it work right.

podspi
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I haven't had any issues with data at all... LTE/3G handoffs work perfectly and everything ...And no worries, I am confident the data issues will be sorted out on the ics builds!

twizzles
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I have them issues. If connected via wifi no problem. But still wont be connected to the network. Requires a reboot to aquire network back

Sent from my DROID4 using xda premium

liquidoc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by podspi View Post
I haven't had any issues with data at all... LTE/3G handoffs work perfectly and everything ...And no worries, I am confident the data issues will be sorted out on the ics builds!
Are you running on a rooted DROID 4 with safe strap installed? Just trying to narrow down the possibilities.

twizzles
Old
Thanks Meter 21
For the record.
Rooted and safestrap installed running stick

Sent from my DROID4 using xda premium

podspi
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidoc View Post
Are you running on a rooted DROID 4 with safe strap installed? Just trying to narrow down the possibilities.
Rooted stock, no safestrap.

Though I doubt safestrap is causing data issues, or fixing them for that matter.

While I do plan on flashing some custom ROMs at some point, I have to admit that I'm very happy with the stock rom. Performance is very good, smart actions are actually pretty great (though there are of course 3rd party apps that do the same thing), and the camera app works pretty well.

My only complaint are the window transitions, blech. Yea, you can disable them, but then all the eye candy goes away completely! Ah Moto, why no middle ground?

kwyrt
Old
Thanks Meter 197
I have had data connection issues on all the ICS ROMs but data on stock has been pretty solid.

Aloth600
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Did you just port your number from another carrier to verizon? I had the same issue plus some and called verizon and they fixed it on their end. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA
Sent from under a rock from my Note 3

deturbanator
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had a few problems with my data just going out for a few minutes on the stock rom. I would be browsing the web, and then a page would just not load. I noticed my signal indicator was grey and not blue, and thus I wasn't getting a data connection. I just waited a few minutes and it came back up.

I never really though too much into it because I expect these small things to happen on such a big wireless network.

ian3d
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by deturbanator View Post
I had a few problems with my data just going out for a few minutes on the stock rom. I would be browsing the web, and then a page would just not load. I noticed my signal indicator was grey and not blue, and thus I wasn't getting a data connection. I just waited a few minutes and it came back up.

I never really though too much into it because I expect these small things to happen on such a big wireless network.
This is exactly what happens to me. It almost seems like a session timing out and renewing but I don't have a clue how the LTE network works.