Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,506 Members 39,451 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Samsung Vibrant

Tip us?

dinumadushan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaultException View Post
SGH-T959V is not compatible.
Thanks
When ICS coming SGH-T959V

FaultException
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2,000

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinumadushan View Post
Thanks
When ICS coming SGH-T959V
You could look in the correct XDA forum for the Galaxy S 4G for unofficial ports or other ICS custom ROMs.

javacody
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Default LCD Density

I've tried updating LCD Density on the latest nightly, and the phone apk crashes on me.

This worked on CM7.

Any chance for a fix in CM9?

Globespy
Old
Thanks Meter 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar100 View Post
I want to keep this Rom but I need to format my SD card. Its just full of years of flashing. Is there important files on the SD card I need for this rom? I'm not worried about apps.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA
I did this recently.
Assuming you mean your phones internal sd?
You will need to reinstall the rom after you clean it up, so make sure you have the rom image/gapps etc. on your external microSD before you do this.
Go to recovery, mounts and storage. Format sdcard (not emmc), and while you are there you should format system, cache, data. Then do a factory wipe before reinstalling the rom.
This will give you a shiny clean internal sd with only the rom files from whatever nightly you prefer.
Hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulzboy View Post
just called my sister earlier. she has cm9 on her phone and I could hear my self echoing.
what am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd try the mute/unmute fix. I also experienced this on recent cm9 builds, even though this patch is supposed to be baked in. fixed things for me after flashing the v1.1 in recovery:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1618198

Hope it helps!

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulzboy View Post
just called my sister earlier. she has cm9 on her phone and I could hear my self echoing.
what am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd try the mute/unmute fix. I also experienced this on recent cm9 builds, even though this patch is supposed to be baked in. fixed things for me after flashing the v1.1 in recovery:

Hope it helps!
If my answer/idea was useful please hit the 'Thanks' button!

FaultException
Old
Thanks Meter 2,000

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globespy View Post

Hope it helps!
The fix should be in CM9 already. The flashable fix is just the libaudio.so from a CM9 nightly. Additionally, are you talking about that the handset audio is bugged, or the headset audio?

Globespy
Old
Thanks Meter 369
Quote:
The fix should be in CM9 already. The flashable fix is just the libaudio.so from a CM9 nightly. Additionally, are you talking about that the handset audio is bugged, or the headset audio?
I had tunnel voice on the latest nightly just using the normal handset. The mute / unmute patch fixed it. That's all I know.
Besides, I'm back on froyo (fishman) as I just couldn't live without gps, and the other stuff that was quirky. I need my phone to just work, not to be unpredictable. Bad for business!
Sitting on the sidelines until it's fixed, if it ever is.

FaultException
Old
Thanks Meter 2,000

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I had tunnel voice on the latest nightly just using the normal handset. The mute / unmute patch fixed it. That's all I know.
Besides, I'm back on froyo (fishman) as I just couldn't live without gps, and the other stuff that was quirky. I need my phone to just work, not to be unpredictable. Bad for business!
Sitting on the sidelines until it's fixed, if it ever is.
Feh. Well, maybe it's just a nightly quirk. Can you try and older one like the 18th?

Globespy
Old
Thanks Meter 369
Quote:
Feh. Well, maybe it's just a nightly quirk. Can you try and older one like the 18th?
I might try at the weekend to see if the tunnel voice on that build is there, but having had rock solid gps for the last 24 hours and the multitude of apps that rely on it working as they should, I'm kinda happy for the moment.
GPS isn't about navigation as many people seem to justify its lack of functionality on - use a tomtom etc. I don't use gps on my phone for most of my driving, I travel a lot and the apps I use to help me find local business and services don't really work without solid gps (network location isn't the same). I hardware fixed my gps (soldering stuff) and am getting locks in the 12-20ft range now on froyo.
I'm sure you guys will figure it out soon, and I'll be back with bells on!
Cheers FE!

FaultException
Old
Thanks Meter 2,000

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I might try at the weekend to see if the tunnel voice on that build is there, but having had rock solid gps for the last 24 hours and the multitude of apps that rely on it working as they should, I'm kinda happy for the moment.
GPS isn't about navigation as many people seem to justify its lack of functionality on - use a tomtom etc. I don't use gps on my phone for most of my driving, I travel a lot and the apps I use to help me find local business and services don't really work without solid gps (network location isn't the same). I hardware fixed my gps (soldering stuff) and am getting locks in the 12-20ft range now on froyo.
I'm sure you guys will figure it out soon, and I'll be back with bells on!
Cheers FE!
How was GPS on CM9 with subZero? I still need to figure out what it is that that kernel has that we don't, with our kernel gpsd seems to be forking constantly, but not on subZero..

qdoba
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Was on AOKP for vibrant but the phone cannot seem to find the T-Mobile network thus I cannot make any calls. Will this be an issue with this rom? I'm on the KB5 radio...

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, icecream, ics, nightly
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe