Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 48,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Samsung Vibrant

Tip us?

chadhoard
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzasta View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...71&postcount=1

There is a convenient "issues" section in the link above. Usually where all of the important information is gathered. Check it out sometime
There is nor reason to get pissy!!!! I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else that I would need to be aware of, before flashing.

jzero88
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Didn't get a good flash flashing over a nightly over a nightly. It was slow and buggy. I did not wipe anything though.

Did a nw install last night on the nightly and love it. Great battery, no mute/unmute issues and even GPS works out of the box!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA
Phone: GALAXY NEXUS
Rom: CM9 All the Way

dzasta
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzero88 View Post
Did a nw install last night on the nightly and love it. Great battery, no mute/unmute issues and even GPS works out of the box!
Does the GPS work after coming out of deep sleep? Mine didn't which was why I had to switch kernels to subZero's.

I'm hoping the next nightly with the GPS tweaks will eliminate the need to flash a different kernel. *fingers crossed*

jnusz
Old
(Last edited by jnusz; 4th April 2012 at 09:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
I'm on the nightly from 3/31 and my gps works after deep sleep. Even got a lock inside the building.

**EDIT**
Which is why I'm cautiously waiting the nightly with the GPS changes, I hope it doesn't negatively affect me.

jzero88
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnusz View Post
I'm on the nightly from 3/31 and my gps works after deep sleep. Even got a lock inside the building.
Yup same here

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

ASUDave
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzasta View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...71&postcount=1

There is a convenient "issues" section in the link above. Usually where all of the important information is gathered. Check it out sometime
If I'm not mistaken, one of the issues says that some CM options and features don't work yet. It would be nice to see what features/options are not currently working to determine whether someone wants to flash or wait until a future release. For instance, I've seen on other threads that Permission management is not yet working. I've also found that themes aren't working.

Is there anything else?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ASUDave For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ferhanmm
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUDave View Post
If I'm not mistaken, one of the issues says that some CM options and features don't work yet. It would be nice to see what features/options are not currently working to determine whether someone wants to flash or wait until a future release. For instance, I've seen on other threads that Permission management is not yet working. I've also found that themes aren't working.

Is there anything else?

It's not that they don't work, they have not been implemented yet. Everything is functional in this rom. Only GPS is half functional.
Nexus 5 / Nexus 4 / Samsung Vibrant

BuddhaTeh1337
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUDave View Post

Is there anything else?

only one lockscreen style.
Jellybean swaggin on you beezys.

jzero88
Old
Thanks Meter 145
I can confirm 911 DOES WORK. It worked the first try and got right through. I had to call in a drunk driver or maybe someone who might be having some medical issues while driving on the freeway.

Dialed 911, and they transfered me to CHP.

I LOVE THIS ROM!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jzero88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FaultException
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2000

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzero88 View Post
I can confirm 911 DOES WORK. It worked the first try and got right through. I had to call in a drunk driver or maybe someone who might be having some medical issues while driving on the freeway.

Dialed 911, and they transfered me to CHP.

I LOVE THIS ROM!!
Thanks for testing.
CyanogenMod for the Vibrant:
Google+ | Issue Tracker (Nightly) | Issue Tracker (Stable) | 911 Info
Want to contribute to CM? Upload to Gerrit

My devices:
Google Galaxy Nexus, Stock 4.2.2, CWM6 Touch
Samsung Vibrant, CyanogenMod 10
HP TouchPad, CyanogenMod 10
LG Optimus T (retired), CyanogenMod 7

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, icecream, ics, nightly