Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What do you want in this ROM
Video Chat Phone.apk 38 42.22%
THEMES! 52 57.78%
ROBOTO 13 14.44%
Boot anim sound 11 12.22%
Quadrant 15 16.67%
Wallpapers to go with this rom 19 21.11%
Galaxy Nexus Boot anim 20 22.22%
LP Sense Mod 14 15.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] [UCLB3] REVOLUTION V4 5/31/2012 Best Sounding Rom Since Zeus

Tip us?

xolanir
Old
(Last edited by xolanir; 9th April 2012 at 05:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 146
Hey guys. Loving this ROM and how light it is. Just have a question and wondering if it's common or just isolated. Each time I reboot the phone, I get a message: see screenie below. It happened while I was on Aeon too, but not on any other ROM that I've flash previous. If anyone could help in figuring this out, I'd be a happy camper. Thx.

sent from my CommandCenter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_20120409_1030.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	992710   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_20120409_1031.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	992711  

bigfau
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 10,792

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xolanir View Post
Hey guys. Loving this ROM and how light it is. Just have a question and wondering if it's common or just isolated. Each time I reboot the phone, I get a message: see screenie below. It happened while I was on Aeon too, but not on any other ROM that I've flash previous. If anyone could help in figuring this out, I'd be a happy camper. Thx.

If you got it on AEON you did something wrong.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

qkster
Old
Thanks Meter 4,521
Quote:

big is right, xloanir. I think it may be a wipe issue.
wipe everything (or use my wipe script) and flash again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qkster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xolanir
Old
(Last edited by xolanir; 9th April 2012 at 11:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkster View Post
big is right, xloanir. I think it may be a wipe issue.
wipe everything (or use my wipe script) and flash again.
K cool thx. Will try that and report back. The question though is why it only happened with Revolution and Aeon. I'm not trying to blame anyone, I just wanna figure out why my phone reacts that way to those two ROM's, which are superb btw . I just wanna get to the bottom of it and make it stop

Update: So I did the heimdall to stock and then flashed revolution again, and the issue is still persistent. Something about my nandroid backup doesn't wanna play nice with Aeon & Revolution cos the issues don't pop up until after I restore my backup. I'm really baffled by this
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xolanir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigfau
Old
Thanks Meter 10,792

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
K cool thx. Will try that and report back. The question though is why it only happened with Revolution and Aeon. I'm not trying to blame anyone, I just wanna figure out why my phone reacts that way to those two ROM's, which are superb btw . I just wanna get to the bottom of it and make it stop

Update: So I did the heimdall to stock and then flashed revolution again, and the issue is still persistent. Something about my nandroid backup doesn't wanna play nice with Aeon & Revolution cos the issues don't pop up until after I restore my backup. I'm really baffled by this
I have never done or used a Nandroid backup. What is it for? Settings and such?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

ppalbicke
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3,022

DONATE TO ME
Full backup and restore of an entire rom in cwm. Why would you use this to restore apps? Or did I misunderstand?

Sent from an Emancipated Infuse bleeding Orange
My AOKP Infuse tastes like JellyBeans
New Theme Chooser themes and Jelly Bean Stuff HERE Try them, tastes like chicken!
Theme Chooser Themes made Specifically for the Note and Paranoid Android: Go Here and Get Them
Emancipation Themes in the OTA: Deep Blue, Evergreen, Aztec, Eternus Veris, Blood Orange, Purps, Communion, Tame Blue, SuperNova, Pink something or other
Get your Dropbox Here

xolanir
Old
(Last edited by xolanir; 10th April 2012 at 12:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 146
Default Re: [ROM] [UCLB3] 2.3.6 REVOLUTION V1.3 4/7/2012 Surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppalbicke View Post
Full backup and restore of an entire rom in cwm. Why would you use this to restore apps? Or did I misunderstand?

I've used the nandroid option for backup's in cwm in the past because of the fact that I'm able to backup entire system settings, apps and app data, SMS & mms etc. in one convenient manner, and it makes restoring even quicker. When I restore, I only restore the data, and bam, everything is on the newly flashed ROM where I want it without having to place apps where I had them in a previous ROM/launcher. So the nandroid is very convenient when flashing. I tried TiBu in the past, and it didn't work well for me. So in essence, yes I use nandroid to backup and restore apps, including everything else after I flash a new ROM. This leads me to believe that something in my nandroid doesn't wanna play nice with Revolution/Aeon. Work well with Zeus 5, 6, ztr, revelation, caty and so forth, even just your good old stock looking ROM with minor tweaks. I'm really puzzled by this.

GoSooners345
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 422
Sometimes the data isn't exactly compatible

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

JESUS IS LORD!

For Samsung Infuse Only

Get your Working SGS2 widgets for GB here
TOUCHWIZ 5 Launcher and widgets For ICS & JB ROMS!
Avengers Boot animation
Mod For Navigation bar on CM10.

DEVICES:Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Infuse: Dead, Asus Nexus 7: Given away, Amazon Kindle Fire: Half alive

GoSooners345
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppalbicke View Post

I have a few for cm7 &miui

JESUS IS LORD!

For Samsung Infuse Only

Avengers Boot animation

DEVICES:Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Infuse: Dead, Asus Nexus 7: Given away, Amazon Kindle Fire: Half alive

GoSooners345
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 422
Quote:
I've used the nandroid option for backup's in cwm in the past because of the fact that I'm able to backup entire system settings, apps and app data, SMS & mms etc. in one convenient manner, and it makes restoring even quicker. When I restore, I only restore the data, and bam, everything is on the newly flashed ROM where I want it without having to place apps where I had them in a previous ROM/launcher. So the nandroid is very convenient when flashing. I tried TiBu in the past, and it didn't work well for me. So in essence, yes I use nandroid to backup and restore apps, including everything else after I flash a new ROM. This leads me to believe that something in my nandroid doesn't wanna play nice with Revolution/Aeon. Work well with Zeus 5, 6, ztr, revelation, caty and so forth, even just your good old stock looking ROM with minor tweaks. I'm really puzzled by this.

You wouldn't run into the hassle if you had appextractor and ems backup

JESUS IS LORD!

For Samsung Infuse Only

Avengers Boot animation

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe