[APP][2.1+][12 AUG 2014] Ultimate Caller ID Screen HD [HD Caller ID/Video ID]

17th April 2012, 11:18 PM   |  #271  
Thanks Meter: 569

1,557 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKristof

Hello

I have a question about the pictures. Is it normal that when I use a third party app to link facebookpics with UCS, the quality is very bad?
Also when I link a HD picture to a random contact in the default contactlist (not trough UCS), the resolution in UCS remains very bad.
But when I link the same picture to this contact through UCS, the quality is prefect.

I use SyncMyPix as third party app.

this is a flaw with SyncMyPix not UCS
17th April 2012, 11:20 PM   |  #272  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,751

2,176 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKristof

Hello

I have a question about the pictures. Is it normal that when I use a third party app to link facebookpics with UCS, the quality is very bad?
Also when I link a HD picture to a random contact in the default contactlist (not trough UCS), the resolution in UCS remains very bad.
But when I link the same picture to this contact through UCS, the quality is prefect.

I use SyncMyPix as third party app.

Hi,

Well, yes. When you link a picture through your contact list, android scales it down to what it thinks it a proper resolution. The problem is it was a proper resolution 4 years ago.

When you link a picture in UCS, I handle the cropping and saving, so the picture is exactly the resolution of your screen, no more, no less. This makes it look as good as it can get, and occupy the minimum space possible.

As for SyncMyPix, the problem is that app being too old, and it fetches the low resolution photos of your contacts, and you hit the same problem. Haxsync does it way better (it fetched the high resolution photos), but unfortunately it only works on ICS.

I do intend to add builtin facebook syncing capabilities to UCS, but no ETA at the moment.

Cheers
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lowveld For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 11:24 PM   |  #273  
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipher

Ok. I'll try this app you mention an send the log.

Just in case it helps, I'm on ICS 4.0.3

I've been trying deleting and reinstalling the app but the problem still remains. Always the same, I can't see the picture selected to crop and zoom. If I save it, it's there. If I rotate the phone, force close.

I've recorded a log, hopefully it'll help solve this issue that makes the app unsable for me right now.
Attached Files
File Type: txt alogcat.2012-04-18-00-06-14+0200.txt - [Click for QR Code] (30.2 KB, 9 views)
18th April 2012, 04:17 AM   |  #274  
Thanks Meter: 378

1,438 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectas

This is the changelog from the penultimate version

thanks...missed that line!

but...have you found a way to skin?
i skinned speaker_off and speaker_on icons but no change.

cheers.
18th April 2012, 08:25 AM   |  #275  
Flag Madrid

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowveld

That's open to interpretation. You can think of the timer as measuring the time you are actively occupying the phone line. On incoming, you only take action when you answer, on outgoing, you start the moment you dial the number and try the call.

On incoming calls the timer only starts when you answer. I can change the behavior on outgoing calls to start only when the other party picks up (and then the timer would be the time you are actually paying for the call).

As I said, it's a question of interpretation...

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_pyett

In which case I'd suggest that you have another option which permits the user to change when the call timer actually starts (which ever way they interpret it)

Swyped form ym Dersie S unsig XAD Permuim

I agree with ben_pyett, but it's not necessarily a problem, or even relevant. It was only a suggestion. Why should I know the time I'm using the line, if I'm not spending any money or talking on the phone? Only that, because I don't get it.
18th April 2012, 10:59 AM   |  #276  

2 posts
Hello out there,

I have got one major issue with UCS:

I'm not able to decline an incoming call. Tried several things (un-/reinstall, reboot, different settings in CM7). I see the button reacting on a press but then - nothing.

Please tell me how I can help to fix this. Should I try the swipe action from the paid version (which I don't have yet, because of the decline issue)? Or is this leading to the same command which is not working?

I'm wondering because I'm using the Reaper ROM . (Which is really great by the way! Never thought I can do it without Sense)
I had to uninstall the build-in UCS first instead of updating it directly because the market told me there are some incompatibilities with the signature? Anyway... what to do?

Cheers
18th April 2012, 11:43 AM   |  #277  
OP Recognized Developer

2,176 posts
Donate to Me
V 1.4.2 out (bugfixes)
Ok guys, sorry for last version issues:
1.4.2:
- Fixed issue where the call blocker settings were fixed and unchangeable for all users.
- Removed the swipe up action, the dialpad that was shown is not usable for tone dialing, and it was leading to some confusion.
- Free users now have "swipe down" action enabled to bring the default phone interface up, and you can call the dialpad from there.
- [Free users] Don't forget that apart from installing new themes, all parts of the theme manager are available for you, check it out!
Direct dialpad access is looking very bad, but I still have to do some research. For now, I just removed the "swipe up" for it. I unlocked the "swipe down" for free users as "compensation".

The call blocker thing is fixed, and note to devs out there: When using Eclipse "auto generate stubs", it always puts a "return false" at the end. Live and learn.

Cheers
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lowveld For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2012, 11:51 AM   |  #278  
OP Recognized Developer

2,176 posts
Donate to Me
And because I'm not 15 years old...
I do owe an apology to ingenious247.

You are right, I was stressed out, mis-interpreted your posts tone, and overreacted.

Thing is, I'm getting so much abuse from users from market reviews and private emails that I'm considering pulling out the free version form market. I don't do this for a living, and I certainly don't deserve to be insulted left and right.

Put that together with working 10 hours at my regular job (also programming) and doing UCS at night, and I'm pretty much exhausted and on a short fuse.

I think I'll take Tectas' advice and take a break...

Bottom line, I'm sorry.

Cheers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lowveld For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2012, 12:08 PM   |  #279  
Thanks Meter: 378

1,438 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowveld

I think I'll take Tectas' advice and take a break...

take some time, mate. your product is great. it is one of the few things that enhances my phone that i actually really dig. just a big thanks for that.

cheers.
j
18th April 2012, 12:30 PM   |  #280  
Flag Wałbrzych
Thanks Meter: 5

68 posts
Works good on neo v ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread