Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 46,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.1+][24 JUN 2014] Ultimate Caller ID Screen HD [HD Caller ID/Video ID]

Tip us?

Tectas
Old
Thanks Meter 1940

DONATE TO ME
Never mind the crop request, sometimes, when the wind blows hard, something small between my ears gets blown away.

Gesendet von meinem Desire S mit Tapatalk

Current Device
LG G3 (D855 16 gb)

ROM
Stock (V10e-232-01) rooted

For ROM developers
BuildBox (Kitchen/Ota App [Open Source]) set your device free

The Following User Says Thank You to Tectas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

e2zippo
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I just bought UCS and Animation Speed lowveld, great apps both of them. (I now own all of your apps)

Running CM9 now and the animation speed was really slow, now it's great!

Having some issues with UCS though, a couple of minutes ago my dad called and at first I saw the original call screen and then UCS popped up, and when i pressed answer nothing indicated that i had pressed answer, both buttons were still there even though i had answered.

And I know that if it were possible you would have done it, but it's pretty annoying to first see the original call screen and then UCS pops up, can this be sped up somehow?

And a request if I may?

Add controls to UCS, like mute, speaker mode and so on, so that i don't have to go back to the original call screen.

I know it can be done by flipping the phone but that takes more battery and I really prefer buttons to control it.

Amazing app though!

I suppose it's not possible to make UCS the default call screen somehow, instead of a layer on top of the default one?

lowveld
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4749

DONATE TO ME
Default Updated to V1.1.0

Ok guys,

Fixed a possible FC reported by someone to google play, changed the icon to something that doesn't make your eyes bleed (I have serious issues with color tastes), and sort of implemented the rotation feature Tectas asked for. It's far from perfect, but it does the job for now.

Market should automatically notify you when the update is available. I have no idea how long it takes to propagate the update...

Cheers!

V 1.1.0:
- Removed restriction on editing pictures only on portrait, it now serves as simple rotate feature: turn the phone to landscape when editing pictures, and on saving, UCS will rotate the visible area to portrait. So UCS still shows exactly what you cropped and are seeing, plus it rotated the original image.
- Fixed race condition that lead to a very "rare" FC (thanks to whoever reported the crash to google play)
- Changed application icon
Check out my apps!

Ultimate Call Screen HD
FTL Launcher
Ultimate Contacts HD Sync

Twitter: @LowveldWare (Android Related) @buildroot (Personal)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lowveld For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lowveld
Old
Thanks Meter 4749

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2zippo View Post
I just bought UCS and Animation Speed lowveld, great apps both of them. (I now own all of your apps)

Running CM9 now and the animation speed was really slow, now it's great!

Having some issues with UCS though, a couple of minutes ago my dad called and at first I saw the original call screen and then UCS popped up, and when i pressed answer nothing indicated that i had pressed answer, both buttons were still there even though i had answered.

And I know that if it were possible you would have done it, but it's pretty annoying to first see the original call screen and then UCS pops up, can this be sped up somehow?

And a request if I may?

Add controls to UCS, like mute, speaker mode and so on, so that i don't have to go back to the original call screen.

I know it can be done by flipping the phone but that takes more battery and I really prefer buttons to control it.

Amazing app though!

I suppose it's not possible to make UCS the default call screen somehow, instead of a layer on top of the default one?
Hey mate!

Thanks a lot for your support, it's really appreciated. As for your questions, everything you described is the expected behavior, but that doesn't mean it's the best and shouldn't be changed. I'll explain:

- When you press answer there is currently no feedback to the user (apart from the conversation starting, of course). I did play around with at least removing the "answer" button and leaving only the hangup one (basically what happens on outgoing calls), but wasn't satisfied with some issues that might arise, so I played it safe. But this is definitely an area of future improvement.

- Unfortunately there's no way I could remove the default phone app, at least with an apk with no root privileges. Also what I would have to do would wildly vary from device to device, so I could never release it on market. There are lots of other reasons I wouldn't do that even if I could (some of the stuff the it does I cannot reproduce due to post-2.3 restrictions). But I could play around with that on a particular ROM, such as, let's say, Reaper.

- Adding more controls and functionality to the caller screen has always been on my mind. But I plan to add some sort of theming support for the users to be able to change the call screen, and until I define how that will work, I won't add more stuff, as it could turn back and byte me in the near future.

Cheers!
Check out my apps!

Ultimate Call Screen HD
FTL Launcher

The Following User Says Thank You to lowveld For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lowveld
Old
Thanks Meter 4749

DONATE TO ME
Default V 1.1.1

Just updated the version to V1.1.1. Mainly bugfixes with boundary condition exceptions on Contact Manager detailed views.

To all people hitting "report" when having issues, thanks a lot. That really is the best way for me to get the debug data and actually fix it.

Cheers
Check out my apps!

Ultimate Call Screen HD
FTL Launcher

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lowveld For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saftschubse
Old
Thanks Meter 0
First of all: great work! After using UCS, the default call screen is looking really poor... I tested UCS within Reaper but some little issues are preventing me from using it as my default call screen:
  1. What's about localisation? I think a lot of people (including me ) would appreciate an 'Answer' button in their home language.
  2. Is it possible to include some slide feature to the buttons? With that I don't have to worry about where to touch my phone when taking it out of my pocket. (It would be possible to use just one button: slide it right - answer, slide it left - decline, or something like that)
  3. That one is mentioned before, but a loudspeeker button would be great. (Especially when the phone is mounted in a car-holder)

Thank you

lowveld
Old
Thanks Meter 4749

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by saftschubse View Post
First of all: great work! After using UCS, the default call screen is looking really poor... I tested UCS within Reaper but some little issues are preventing me from using it as my default call screen:
  1. What's about localisation? I think a lot of people (including me ) would appreciate an 'Answer' button in their home language.
  2. Is it possible to include some slide feature to the buttons? With that I don't have to worry about where to touch my phone when taking it out of my pocket. (It would be possible to use just one button: slide it right - answer, slide it left - decline, or something like that)
  3. That one is mentioned before, but a loudspeeker button would be great. (Especially when the phone is mounted in a car-holder)

Thank you
Thanks mate, I really appreciate the input. As for your points:

1 - Localization, yeah, I get it. But I'm not quite sure on how to go about it. I mean, I know how to localize an app, it's easy. But translations and such? If there is some sort of automated way to do this, nice, if not, I'll push it back a little. Don't forget it's not just the Answer/hangup/decline buttons, the entire preferences are in english only (I didn't even add Portuguese, my mother tongue).

2 - In short, with the current setup, no. Doesn't mean it won't be in the future, but to be honest, that was beyond my knowledge when I started UCS. Then again, pretty much everything currently on UCS was beyond my knowledge also.

3 - Loudspeaker button dully noted. Actually the car-holder thing never occurred to me... Makes even more sense now.

I'm working on the next update, could still be tonight. Good news is I tracked the cause of most of the FCs reported to google play. Really rookie mistake, I'll say no more... :$

And I have one very nice surprise to licensed users.

Cheers
Check out my apps!

Ultimate Call Screen HD
FTL Launcher

lowveld
Old
Thanks Meter 4749

DONATE TO ME
Default New version V1.2.0 is out - theme manager

Ok guys,

New version includes a fix for an issue that was causing random (but rare) crashes when opening detailed contacts.

The big thing though is the new theme manager, but it is for Licensed users only. I also published a theme for you guys to test:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cs.theme.suave

and I will do more of course. It may take a couple of hours for Google Play to show the theme for download.

Anyone wanting to learn how to build themes for UCS, just PM me and I'll give you a quick run-through.

Cheers!

Changelog:
V1.2.0.
- Added theming capability, and a Theme Manager, for Licensed users only! Search for "UCS Suave theme" in google play to see it in action, and I will be doing a lot more themes in the near future.

- Changed answer/call buttons for a more polished look.

- Fixed issues with rare random crashes while viewing detailed contact info.
Check out my apps!

Ultimate Call Screen HD
FTL Launcher

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lowveld For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ben_pyett
Old
(Last edited by ben_pyett; 5th April 2012 at 07:31 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1886
waiting for goggle to show me the theme, appreciate another update

It would be really useful (IMO) if when using contact manager after editing a specific contact that the app returned you to that place in the A to Z listing where that contact came from rather than back at the start, for example after editing Terry some how returned the picture scroll list to the T section rather than back to A, this would be very useful when initially setting up your contacts and working from A to Z as you have to continually scroll from A otherwise.

I'm sure that you thought of it already, but, as a workaround for the localization issue, you simply have input fields for the answer & decline text labels, which should at least cover those function buttons.

Already noted, backups restore function, as had to set up again on ICS yesterday

Noticed behavioural issues:

After using the finger touch to enlarge the minimize zoom button doesn't function.

The alphabetic ordering ranks case size at opposite ends of the alphabet, eg A to Z, followed by a to z, not helpful if you have any non capitalized contacts in your list

Swyped form ym Dersie S unsig XAD Permuim
Nexus 5 : hammerhead
Rom (Kernel): Mahdi-Rom 4.4.4 [v2.7 08/07/2014] (Franco [#r57]) root: [superSU v2.0]
Nexus 4 : mako
Rom (Kernel): AOKP_ROM 4.3.1 [#aokp_mako_jb-mr2_2013-11-14] (Franco [#r193-JWR])
Retired - HTC Desire S, HTC Touch Diamond 2, HTC Dual Touch, HTC TyTN, Innumerable NOKIAs

kupopu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thanks ! this is nice apps !