Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,684 Members 48,371 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel]Vivid ICS(v007)OC~1.73GHz/UV/ZRAM/Intellidemand/DualCore/PowerSaving[Jun-07]

Tip us?

Camotec
Old
(Last edited by Camotec; 24th April 2012 at 02:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Mine is running it fine. It is running at stock clocks by default on my phone, however you need to get SetCPU which is a cheap app which allows you to over clock it, Just make sure you have root access otherwise it wont work

BTW: Donation Made Faux123 -- 8AR03954PD944635F

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camotec For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Camotec
Old
(Last edited by Camotec; 25th April 2012 at 12:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Ok latest update,

My earphone is not working? Loudspeaker is working fine but internal speaker is not.

This is a stock Telstra ICS Sense 3.6 ROM, running Faux's kernel. Internal speaker was working fine prior to kernel update (my bro called me just before was going to flash the new kernel)

I flashed the kernel to another Kernel (Kozmicks) and the sound is still not working (however speaker phone and handsfree is working fine) so I am assuming the speaker is dead now? (2 days old wow)

faux123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34,134

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camotec View Post
Ok latest update,

My earphone is not working? Loudspeaker is working fine but internal speaker is not.

This is a stock Telstra ICS Sense 3.6 ROM, running Faux's kernel. Internal speaker was working fine prior to kernel update (my bro called me just before was going to flash the new kernel)

I flashed the kernel to another Kernel (Kozmicks) and the sound is still not working (however speaker phone and handsfree is working fine) so I am assuming the speaker is dead now? (2 days old wow)

Try this. Insert and remove your headset jack several times and see if it solve the issue. Sometimes the clips inside the headset jack gets stuck causing the headset detection to screw up.
How to report Kernel Bugs!
Newest GeekTalk
Fight against Trolls, up vote my threads back to normal (1 star was due to trolling) Thanks!
FauxClock FAQ
The Following User Says Thank You to faux123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Camotec
Old
(Last edited by Camotec; 26th April 2012 at 08:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Hi Faux,

Thanks for your help. I tried that a fair few times and didn't seem to make any difference. I put back to stock and got it replaced by Telstra today.

My New handset is working fine at the moment, on Telstra Stock OTA ICS. I will root and update to your kernel again. I suspect it was always faulty. when I spoke to my brother I can not be certain I was not on speaker phone (the only call really made on the less than 12 hour old handset).

Your Kernels have not caused issues like this before that I am aware, so I think it was definitely a hardware issue. I will report back after the update so we can confirm.

BTW I dont need to flash a ROM after flashing your Kernel do I? I am pretty sure I dont but just wanting to check lol

Cheers
Camo

Camotec
Old
(Last edited by Camotec; 27th April 2012 at 06:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Ok I can confirm the first phone was definitely faulty. I am running True Dual Core on my new handset with no issues.

citsong
Old
Thanks Meter 66
When I run the flash.bat I get alot of device not found errors. It flashs the boot.img but then its stuck in a boot loop. I checked my sdk and everything seems to be up to date there.

Camotec
Old
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsong View Post
When I run the flash.bat I get alot of device not found errors. It flashs the boot.img but then its stuck in a boot loop. I checked my sdk and everything seems to be up to date there.
If your having issues with the flash batch file. First boot your phone to recovery and mount /system and while on the mount screen then run the flash.bat again. After the phone reboots it should then start writing the kernel and then it will reboot again.

Let me know how you get on

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk
Running Faux's TDC Kernel on ICS¦Sense 3.6
The Following User Says Thank You to Camotec For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

citsong
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camotec View Post
If your having issues with the flash batch file. First boot your phone to recovery and mount /system and while on the mount screen then run the flash.bat again. After the phone reboots it should then start writing the kernel and then it will reboot again.

Let me know how you get on

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk
Running Faux's TDC Kernel on ICS¦Sense 3.6
Thanks, that got it going.

Luigiman765
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I keep getting a boot loop while trying to run this on the new Holic rom, any fix to this?

Brand New
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Kernel runs great with Virtuous Inquisition!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Brand New For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]