My Kindle Fire isn't recognized as a device, so I can't move files into it

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By KindleMatchLight, Junior Member on 1st April 2012, 05:50 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have randomly received a Kindle Fire as a gift. After learning that it's basically an Android in disguise, my goal was simply to download the Android Appstore to play Onlive on it and Android Emulators to play old games. I don't want to say it's hard to find information on this subject but in the end I simply assumed I had to root the thing to get the appstore and to play Android apps as a few sources said I couldn't get the Android appstore until I rooted it. I did this tutorial

Up until Step 9 where SuperOneClick wasn't successful in rooting my Kindle. I am very stupid so I did not realize that this method was intended for version 6.2 when I was running firmware 6.3. I searched for a while until I found a method for 6.3, this:

But after installing TWRP it couldn't find my Kindle. This whole saga has been my idiot self stumbling from one article to the next so after finding this

I figured that I would just give up on rooting because it seemed to be wholly possible I could get Onlive and Android Emulators without it. Next thing I know, the Kindle doesn't appear as a storage device in My Computer.

I feel that the problems of KFU not being able to find my Kindle and My Computer not recognizing the hard drive on the Kindle (or whatever it is) as a storage device are closely related, and I'm almost positive this problem has been caused by doing most of the steps in the original tutorial I linked to, but I have no idea how to fix it at all. I'd really rather not format my kindle but seeing I believe it is a problem with the drivers on my computer I doubt that would even help.
8th April 2012, 02:17 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
I really hate to bump, but I'm at a loss for what to do. Without the ability to move files into my Kindle Fire, I really can't use it for what I wanted it for...I just need a way to reset the stupid stuff I did when I went through the first tutorial. Then not only would moving files work fine but I could easily use the KFU to root it as well. Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread