How to root your HTC One S (for Windows, Mac and Linux)
Superboot is a boot.img that when booted, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash any partitions, no need to mess around with ADB
, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just boot the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!
You will need to htcdev bootloader unlock your device to use this root solution.
APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
The superboot image is also 'insecure', allowing you to use 'adb remount' as well as having full ADB root access to your device until such time as you reboot after running this process (it's a non permanent ADB root as it's a 'fastboot boot' and not a 'fastboot flash' but it IS a permanent root in all other regards!).
How to use Superboot - Windows, Linux and OSX
- Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory
- Put your device in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then turn on with the 'volume down' button pressed to enter the bootloader, then pressing the power button again to enter fastboot.
- WINDOWS - double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat'
- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-superboot-mac.sh'
- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh' followed by './install-superboot-linux.sh'
PS If you find this useful, details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in the download topic at MoDaCo.
Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien
Follow MoDaCo Android on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco
Want to donate?
MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.