Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LGNPST can't find Skin.dll

Tip us?

wheelern
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] LGNPST can't find Skin.dll

Installed LGNPST. Everything went smoothly during download and installation. However, when I go to run LGNPST_CT, an error pops up saying "Failed to load the Skin.dll," and the program doesn't start up. Not sure what to do here...any advice?

jackpot08
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Try re installing. What are you running on your computer?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
Please, help me http://www.youcaring.com/other/help-...rblind-/218091

I can't even tell you really what color it is above.

sleepycarl5150
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelern View Post
Installed LGNPST. Everything went smoothly during download and installation. However, when I go to run LGNPST_CT, an error pops up saying "Failed to load the Skin.dll," and the program doesn't start up. Not sure what to do here...any advice?
I had the same issue. The way I resolved it was by uninstalling the program, copying the zip to my C drive and unzip them there. Then reinstall and everything was smooth sailing.

Beamer9408
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
You didn't extract the zip extract it and reinstall.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

axel417
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I had the same problem. A quick windows search showed me this: When you installed the various components, the installers will have created a C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST directory. The Skin.dll in that directory is the same one that LGNPST_CT.exe is looking for. Just click and drag (or copy and paste, or use the copy command in cmd if that's what you're into) to put it in the directory you are running from. That's what fixed it for me!

HighLimit
Old
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
Thats it thank you, I ran this a long time ago during first gingerbread update and couldn't for the life of me figure out why it wasnt working now, but that did it.

Back to Broken out 1.1 hopefully.