Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,422 Members 43,247 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

discussion of s-off

Tip us?

Snuzzo
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,690

DONATE TO ME
@oldsjunkie
Not trying to sound sarcastic but I almost took your post as a flame. Thank you dude for clarification. Sometimes in context we look like asshats and really I didn't mean to offend. **toast**

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

What do you get when you cross a cow with a lion?
One really messed up situation!
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuzzo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

con247
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by werdna87 View Post
I really can't seem to find the connection everyone is making between s-off and aosp. Is he only reason better dev appeal?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
I guess. And I am also beginning to think some device that people came from (Evo 4G/ Dinc maybe? I was on us cellular before so I didn't have either of those) flashed a different radio for AOSP and they think that needs to be repeated.
Current Phone: iPhone 5[s]
Check out my GS3 Splash Screen Changer

badogg
Old
Thanks Meter 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by con247 View Post
I guess. And I am also beginning to think some device that people came from (Evo 4G/ Dinc maybe? I was on us cellular before so I didn't have either of those) flashed a different radio for AOSP and they think that needs to be repeated.
I came from the dinc and that was not the case, we would flash rom/kernel. if wanted we could flash radios separately regardless of rom being sense or aosp
HTC Droid DNA
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 16gb Wifi
Google Nexus 7 32gb

Retired Devices:
HTC Rezound
HTC Droid Incredible

silverxbv2
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 965

DONATE TO ME
I simply cannot understand why people are buying HTC phones with Sense if they want AOSP. It was the same thing on the Inc too. I wouldn't buy a Ferrari in hopes of putting a Lamborghini motor in it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
HTC Inc
Htc Rezound
32 GB Nexus 7
Bad Seed Customs sprinkles throughout
Get Dropbox Here

Thanks are always appreciated

z0mghii
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverxbv2 View Post
I simply cannot understand why people are buying HTC phones with Sense if they want AOSP. It was the same thing on the Inc too. I wouldn't buy a Ferrari in hopes of putting a Lamborghini motor in it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Probably because it's the best phone out for verizon right now.
Gnexus - bad radios
Razr - Locked bootloader

con247
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,115
Quote:

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
Lamborghini makes a sick V12 though that would be awesome in an Italia. I drove an Italia once and it was one of the coolest things I have ever done but it could use a bit more kick.

I buy Htc because traditionally you could run sense or aosp.
Current Phone: iPhone 5[s]
Check out my GS3 Splash Screen Changer
The Following User Says Thank You to con247 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

badogg
Old
Thanks Meter 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by con247 View Post
Lamborghini makes a sick V12 though that would be awesome in an Italia. I drove an Italia once and it was one of the coolest things I have ever done but it could use a bit more kick.

I buy Htc because traditionally you could run sense or aosp.
Me too . plus their devices are just sexy
HTC Droid DNA
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 16gb Wifi
Google Nexus 7 32gb

Retired Devices:
HTC Rezound
HTC Droid Incredible
The Following User Says Thank You to badogg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crispybacon
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
Simple answer there, we like HTC hardware, but not it's software... AOSP just runs smoother on any device. Can't blame people for picking what they like hardware wise.
Current Phones: CDMA Galaxy Nexus (Toro)
Roms: Carbon, Xperience, AOKP, Liquid Smooth (most recent)
Kernel: Lean Kernel, AK Cylon or Franco (most recent)
Radios: FK01 / FK02 (4.2.2)

Retired Phones:
HTC Rezound (Backup Phone)
Samsung Fascinate
Droid 2 / 3
HTC Droid Incredible
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crispybacon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

a.mcdear
Old
Thanks Meter 452
I bought the Rezound because I came from the Eris and was running AOSP (CM6 and CM7) on that.. plus the Rezound is such a nice phone that I just knew it was only a matter of time before we would have AOSP on here too. I'm not at all complaining though about lack of AOSP right now though because honestly I am very happy with my phone as it currently is. Once there IS an AOSP RIL that works, my personal goal is to attempt to port Team EOS AOSP to my Rezound.
My Devices:
Nexus 7 - Android 4.4.2 [CarbonROM]
Rezound - Android 4.4.2 [CM11]
TF101 - Android 4.2.2 [EOS4] + KAT-kernel by timduru
MOTOACTV - Android 2.3.4 [ReACTV AOSP]

ijustwantmydock
Old
Thanks Meter 785
Quote:

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
The android community sure likes car metaphors and what about all those people who bought touchpads and wanted android?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ijustwantmydock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]