MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Wifi AP

3rd April 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 867

4,553 posts
More
Does anyone know any apps that creates a Wifi AP? I am not talking about an Adhoc network that all apps I have used create, I want it to work like native tethering.

I am asking because I am using polish blood preRC, and I really want to use it full time, the only thing is native tethers do not work and all apps create an Adhoc network.

Normally this isn't a problem, however I wish to use my PS3 over my phone's 3G connection, this is where the problem comes in, the PS3 does not see Adhoc networks so most, if not all tether apps will not work.

I have tried to use connectify while I have a usb tether connected however the PS3 cannot connect to the internet, I also would prefer to avoid using my laptop as an AP.

So anyone know a decent Wifi tether app that will create an AP like native tethering, not an Adhoc network
3rd April 2012, 02:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Novi Bečej
Thanks Meter: 94

252 posts
More
Are you sure that PS3 cannot connect to Ad hoc networks?
Here is an article about it http://www.ehow.com/how_6808376_can-...-network_.html
and it says PS3 can connect to Ad hoc networks.
Check if you configured everything properly.

Also Wireless tether app supports AP mode but only on certain handsets (HTC Evo 3D for example). It looks like it doesn't support our device.
Last edited by darko94; 3rd April 2012 at 02:58 PM.
6th April 2012, 03:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

4,553 posts
More
Mine has never seen an adhoc network from my phone, guess I'll check it tonight when I can get on it.

Sent from my LG-GT540 using XDA
6th April 2012, 07:38 PM   |  #4  
Flag Novi Bečej

252 posts
More
Check wifi channels, anything between 1-11 channel will work.
6th April 2012, 07:40 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 39

156 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by delsus

Does anyone know any apps that creates a Wifi AP? I am not talking about an Adhoc network that all apps I have used create, I want it to work like native tethering.

I am asking because I am using polish blood preRC, and I really want to use it full time, the only thing is native tethers do not work and all apps create an Adhoc network.

Normally this isn't a problem, however I wish to use my PS3 over my phone's 3G connection, this is where the problem comes in, the PS3 does not see Adhoc networks so most, if not all tether apps will not work.

I have tried to use connectify while I have a usb tether connected however the PS3 cannot connect to the internet, I also would prefer to avoid using my laptop as an AP.

So anyone know a decent Wifi tether app that will create an AP like native tethering, not an Adhoc network

Don't use this ICS. It's still in very early stage of developement. It's only for money.. If you really need a ICS on your Swift, then try AOKP 4.0.3. by DevSwift. Probably an update will come very soon. I was using it on my swift for 1-2 weeks, and I was happy with it. Now I changed the whole phone.
7th April 2012, 11:38 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 32

277 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maczuga

Don't use this ICS. It's still in very early stage of developement. It's only for money.. If you really need a ICS on your Swift, then try AOKP 4.0.3. by DevSwift. Probably an update will come very soon. I was using it on my swift for 1-2 weeks, and I was happy with it. Now I changed the whole phone.

It's wrong to say its for money.....all he does is a dedicated ftp server for donators....and a bit delayed public release.

Sent from my GT540 using xda premium
8th April 2012, 01:56 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

4,553 posts
More
Back on topic, ps3 definitely will not see an adhoc network, just tried and when I scanned it didn't pick it up, when I entered my ssid manually it said it could not find it.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sent from my LG GT540 Swift using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to delsus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2012, 09:14 AM   |  #8  
Flag Novi Bečej

252 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by delsus

Back on topic, ps3 definitely will not see an adhoc network, just tried and when I scanned it didn't pick it up, when I entered my ssid manually it said it could not find it.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sent from my LG GT540 Swift using XDA

Sorry for the mislead, PS3 doesn't work with ad hoc networks.
But here is a possible solution:

1)Download latest WiFi tether beta http://code.google.com/p/android-wif...3_1-beta11.apk
2)Open it and then go to Settings
3)Change Device-Profile to Google NexusOne
4)Change Setup-Method to Netd (master)
5)Start tethering and that's it

Note: I haven't tested this on Mike's CM9 but it did work on CM7, so try it, and tell us if it works.
Just to warn you there is probability to get kernel panics with this settings.

EDIT: I have tested this on Mike's CM9 and can't get it to work. Simply wait till Mike fixes WiFi tethering, or flash CM7 or some other ROM.
Last edited by darko94; 8th April 2012 at 11:31 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread