[Q] Removing yellow triangle + flash count on SGS2

Search This thread

gsrac3r

Apr 3, 2012
Hi,

I've been having trouble removing the yellow triangle and flash count from my galaxy s2.

I am running cyanogen mod 7.1

Damn, won't let me post images..here is a screenshot of my phone's version
imgur . com /be6Zm.png

I bought a USB jig off eBay but it seems as though it does not work with my current boot loader.

How can I remove it without having to flash a legit software version? I don't want to lose all my data and have to worry about restoring it.

Or is it possible to flash a legit version and restore to my cyanogen one, retaining ALL of my apps/data but removing the triangle?

Thanks in advance :)

Mike7515

Jan 29, 2012
Ginosa
Bootloader

Your bootloader isn't incompatible with the jig . You can put the old bootloader tar file on either PDA or BOOTLOADER section. Then flash it. You can install new bootloader back after reset the custom binary download counter. But not necessary because nothing new in the new bootloader except disable USB Jig usage. Old bootloader for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 is attached ...

Attachments

• GT-I9100_OLD_BOOTLOADER.7z
    414.6 KB · Views: 3,774
Reactions: rastarn and gsrac3r

gsrac3r

Apr 3, 2012
Your bootloader isn't incompatible with the jig . You can put the old bootloader tar file on either PDA or BOOTLOADER section. Then flash it. You can install new bootloader back after reset the custom binary download counter. But not necessary because nothing new in the new bootloader except disable USB Jig usage. Old bootloader for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 is attached ...

Wow thanks for that!

So I would only have to flash the bootloader? Meaning I will keep all of my current settings/data?

EDIT: All done now, worked 100% perfectly; thank you very much :)

Last edited:

nidjo83

Sep 18, 2010

I have same problem... can i use that bootloader too? thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-05-04-18-13-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-04-18-13-29.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 328
  • Screenshot_2012-06-05-14-22-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-05-14-22-11.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 302

bowker678

Oct 1, 2012
Resurrection Remix v3.8

Hey I also have a USB jig that doesn't work because of the bootloader

SGS2 with Resurrection Remix v3.8