Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,298 Members 39,717 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[htc] unlocking utility

Tip us?
simonsimons34 Old
(Last edited by simonsimons34; 2nd May 2012 at 01:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter
Default [htc] unlocking utility

I have been able to create a method of unlocking ANY unlockable hboot, on any device (as far as i can tell)
The method works on S-on, stock recovery devices. As of right now im linking to a specific device, however, if you only use the unlock youll be fine. I need testers from other HTC devices.
My first thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post24370319

If you like this, find it helpful, or want to support me please donate. Just follow these directions.
1) Be Logged-In to PayPal
2) Go to: https://www.paypal.com/sendmoney?ema...simons34.co.cc
2a) If that didnt work and fill out the E-Mail please, use simon@simonsimons34.co.cc and select the way your sending as a GIFT
3) Enter the amount you want to give, Select personal, and Gift
4) Hit Continue and follow any of PayPal's Steps
5) Make sure that if asked, the receiving user DOES NOT Have to be verified.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bobdamnit
Old
Thanks Meter 93
I can confirm this works for MetroPCS Widfire S A510c hboot 1.10.0000. It unlocked my bootloader just fine. No steps required from HTCDev.

Many thanks Simon! Keep up the great work.
"Its like asking the chef to crack the shell on your soup because your Coca-Cola has too much crunchy butter. It just doesn't make sense!"--Grrrrrumpy

torxx
Old
Thanks Meter 21641

DONATE TO ME
Great news!

But it's not full S-OFF, is it?
simonsimons34 Old
Thanks Meter
Not yet. This sets you up for it. Soon an soff will be out the developers of it need kernel help and I'm tryin to help them get it working

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
j4n87 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsimons34 View Post
Not yet. This sets you up for it. Soon an soff will be out the developers of it need kernel help and I'm tryin to help them get it working

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk
..well when s-off is out? Really dont unerstand for what is your "unlocking utility" then?

bobdamnit
Old
Thanks Meter 93
This utility allows you to unlock your bootloader without HTCDev, thus saving your warranty

Simon is working on getting universal S-OFF with some other devs. Will take a few, but he'll get it.
"Its like asking the chef to crack the shell on your soup because your Coca-Cola has too much crunchy butter. It just doesn't make sense!"--Grrrrrumpy
The Following User Says Thank You to bobdamnit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

geek78
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdamnit View Post
This utility allows you to unlock your bootloader without HTCDev, thus saving your warranty

Simon is working on getting universal S-OFF with some other devs. Will take a few, but he'll get it.
with the option 1 of his tool "Bootloader Unlock CDMA ONLY" ??
geek78
SGN GT-N5100 White - SGN SM-N9005 Black

bobdamnit
Old
Thanks Meter 93
That I'm not too sure about. I was told it was universal but needed testing. Simon and I have confirmed it working on several CDMA HTC Wildfire S's. (The only HTC phones we have access to, currently.)

I would say wait for Simon to confirm it should work on GSM HTC phones. I only helped with the code, so I don't know much about the mechanics of the utility.

Sorry.

geek78
Old
Thanks Meter 147
according the .bat file all the stuff seems to be specific to the wildfire. So I don't undersand why simon is asking us to test it on other devices ?
geek78
SGN GT-N5100 White - SGN SM-N9005 Black
The Following User Says Thank You to geek78 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bobdamnit
Old
(Last edited by bobdamnit; 3rd April 2012 at 02:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek78 View Post
according the .bat file all the stuff seems to be specific to the wildfire. So I don't undersand why simon is asking us to test it on other devices ?
Because this method should work on ANY HTC phone with ANY hboot. We are asking you to try it so it can be confirmed. (Confirmed on Marvelc only so far.)

If you know batch, you can absolutely modify it to your liking.

Also, if you had read the original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsimon34
As of right now im linking to a specific device, however, if you only use the unlock youll be fine. I need testers from other HTC devices.