22nd May 2012, 12:53 PM   |  #1981  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Mega-City One
Thanks Meter: 26,100

15,337 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajoe40356

After talking Moyer to him, I found out it rebooted and bootlooped on him. He pulled the battery at school. I reflashed the room and he is good to go. Thanks for the help man. Hopefully he its settled down now. Next we have to work on Big Joe. Lol. Thanks again. R3velators Mount Up BubbaJoe R3dneck R3velator {Deeply Blue Emancipated Outlaw}

Wat Wat??....
22nd May 2012, 02:59 PM   |  #1982  
Recognized Themer
Flag Nicholasville
Thanks Meter: 5,527

3,730 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe2675

Wat Wat??....

Flashaholics anonymous
The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbajoe40356 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2012, 05:20 PM   |  #1983  
Thanks Meter: 56

179 posts
More
I noticed that sometimes when someone calls the screen stays black and I cannot answer. After that I have to do a battery pull to reboot the phone as I cannot wake my phone up from sleep. Anyone seen issues like this or have any suggestions
22nd May 2012, 05:27 PM   |  #1984  
Recognized Themer
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,022

1,841 posts
Donate to Me
More
It means we here at the Collective have made your phone smarter and you do not want to talk to those people.

It is a SOD and is just a weird hiccup that cannot really be resolved at this time with nothing else but a reboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to ppalbicke For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2012, 05:40 PM   |  #1985  
Recognized Themer
Flag Nicholasville
Thanks Meter: 5,527

3,730 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAtrain

I noticed that sometimes when someone calls the screen stays black and I cannot answer. After that I have to do a battery pull to reboot the phone as I cannot wake my phone up from sleep. Anyone seen issues like this or have any suggestions

Hey there Big A Train. We know all about that. We like to call it the Screen Of Death. aka S.O.D.
It does happen on Emancipation as it did on R3velation. I had big issues with it. But since my last flash ... about 6 weeks ago ... I have only had 3. at first I had at least 1 a day. I am convinced that a fresh download and flash has improved it. Also as time goes on it seems less and less.
Keep in mind that if you hold the power button down for 10 secs or so .. it will reboot for you. Hope this helps ... and have a wonderful day.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppalbicke

It means we here at the Collective have made your phone smarter and you do not want to talk to those people.

It is a SOD and is just a weird hiccup that cannot really be resolved at this time with nothing else but a reboot.

I would click "Thanks" on this ... but I find your sarcasm a bit off putting. Can't we just answer these questions with out belittling the people here? Maybe not my place to police the thread .. but shame ...shame ...shame.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppalbicke

I would click "Thanks" on this ... but I find your sarcasm a bit off putting. Can't we just answer these questions with out belittling the people here? Maybe not my place to police the thread .. but shame ...shame ...shame.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbajoe40356 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2012, 05:44 PM   |  #1986  
Recognized Contributor
Haddonfield, IL
Thanks Meter: 3,273

1,265 posts
Donate to Me
I am running eman-a1, was getting a sod every other day or so... They have not reappeared since I reenabled lagfix and system conversion. I've also implemented some build.prop and init.d tweaks that might have helped. Try lagfix... If you see issues after that I can share the tweaks.

For init.d I recommend removing the adrenaline scripts that start with 02, 06, & 07. Those are better if run occasionally, not at each boot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zen Arcade For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2012, 06:01 PM   |  #1987  

179 posts
More
Thanks for the responses everyone. I looked but couldn't find the lagfix or conversion. Where are those settings located?
22nd May 2012, 06:31 PM   |  #1988  
California
Thanks Meter: 174

188 posts
More
I personally like a little tongue in cheek humor.

With Emanc I didn't experience any SODs for the1st week or so. Then I got 3 or 4 within just a couple of days...then like magic they just disappeared never to be seen again. This is such a great stable Rom.
Could have been all the flashing I was doing at the time...

(Can't figure how to stuff tongue in my cheek...so I'll just wink )

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA
22nd May 2012, 07:12 PM   |  #1989  

179 posts
More
A little humor is always good.

I have been doing a ton of flashing lately and I guess the rom just hasn't settled yet. The ics roms are great but battery life is terrible. I love my emancipation rom and a big thanks to all the devs.
22nd May 2012, 07:38 PM   |  #1990  
Recognized Themer
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,022

1,841 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAtrain

Thanks for the responses everyone. I looked but couldn't find the lagfix or conversion. Where are those settings located?

I believe you should be able to look in the Voodoo app and it will say enabled or not. Also, go into recovery and got o the advanced options and look in there as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ppalbicke For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread