Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,295 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] USB Diags not working - Samsung Illusion

Tip us?

payohtea
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] USB Diags not working - Samsung Illusion

Ok, this has got me stumped. I've been playing around with a Samsung SCH-i110 aka Illusion, and for some reason I can't access its EFS or radio settings and what not via USB Diagnostics. Yes, the port is there in device manager, all of that goes as would be expected.. However, in cdma workshop, qpst, *anything*, no communication. I know its not the 'puter, for its doing the same thing on 3 different PCs. Are they locking down USB Diagnostics now? Another thing that struck me as odd, is that the handset shows up in Odin whilst booted up normally.. I thought you had to be in download mode for Odin to recognize the phone.

robbiejobs
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by payohtea View Post
Ok, this has got me stumped. I've been playing around with a Samsung SCH-i110 aka Illusion, and for some reason I can't access its EFS or radio settings and what not via USB Diagnostics. Yes, the port is there in device manager, all of that goes as would be expected.. However, in cdma workshop, qpst, *anything*, no communication. I know its not the 'puter, for its doing the same thing on 3 different PCs. Are they locking down USB Diagnostics now? Another thing that struck me as odd, is that the handset shows up in Odin whilst booted up normally.. I thought you had to be in download mode for Odin to recognize the phone.
I think Samsung Illusions use the same chipset with Samsung Droid Charge ( VIA Telecom ) if i'm right, then you'll have to check this page.. nothing much, but worth to see.

avelis26
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Omg... someone else with a Samsung Illusion and trying to play with it. I JUST got mine and I am finding ZERO info on how to root it. I don't have the money or resources or even time to be the pioneer on this one but I'm surely hoping someone does it soon. Would LOVE to put Cm9 on here :)

Sent from my SCH-I110 using Tapatalk 2

payohtea
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default workin on it.

I can almost assure you however that this one won't be rooted until sometime after its official update.. IE: June at the earliest, probably longer.

jcmarx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
its a shame, because this phone offers good potentional for some users. Being that it is android running on the verizon towers yet unlimited pre paid going through straight talk (Proclaim)

ufs-4
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Go to Menu, Settings, Applications, Development and check "USB Debugging"
Bring up the dial pad on the phone and enter **87284
you should have 2 different options on the screen
select MODEM for both options
phone is now on diag mode
The Following User Says Thank You to ufs-4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

damastah
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufs-4 View Post
Go to Menu, Settings, Applications, Development and check "USB Debugging"
Bring up the dial pad on the phone and enter **87284
you should have 2 different options on the screen
select MODEM for both options
phone is now on diag mode
Very nice! Did it.
Current Phone AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note - Paranoid Android CM10 JellyBean