Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

[Q] USB Diags not working - Samsung Illusion

OP payohtea

3rd April 2012, 07:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

5 posts
Ok, this has got me stumped. I've been playing around with a Samsung SCH-i110 aka Illusion, and for some reason I can't access its EFS or radio settings and what not via USB Diagnostics. Yes, the port is there in device manager, all of that goes as would be expected.. However, in cdma workshop, qpst, *anything*, no communication. I know its not the 'puter, for its doing the same thing on 3 different PCs. Are they locking down USB Diagnostics now? Another thing that struck me as odd, is that the handset shows up in Odin whilst booted up normally.. I thought you had to be in download mode for Odin to recognize the phone.
7th April 2012, 11:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 51

147 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by payohtea

Ok, this has got me stumped. I've been playing around with a Samsung SCH-i110 aka Illusion, and for some reason I can't access its EFS or radio settings and what not via USB Diagnostics. Yes, the port is there in device manager, all of that goes as would be expected.. However, in cdma workshop, qpst, *anything*, no communication. I know its not the 'puter, for its doing the same thing on 3 different PCs. Are they locking down USB Diagnostics now? Another thing that struck me as odd, is that the handset shows up in Odin whilst booted up normally.. I thought you had to be in download mode for Odin to recognize the phone.

I think Samsung Illusions use the same chipset with Samsung Droid Charge ( VIA Telecom ) if i'm right, then you'll have to check this page.. nothing much, but worth to see.
26th April 2012, 03:42 AM   |  #3  
Flag Sultan WA
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
More
Omg... someone else with a Samsung Illusion and trying to play with it. I JUST got mine and I am finding ZERO info on how to root it. I don't have the money or resources or even time to be the pioneer on this one but I'm surely hoping someone does it soon. Would LOVE to put Cm9 on here :)

Sent from my SCH-I110 using Tapatalk 2
26th April 2012, 08:58 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

5 posts
workin on it.
I can almost assure you however that this one won't be rooted until sometime after its official update.. IE: June at the earliest, probably longer.
17th May 2012, 11:24 PM   |  #5  

38 posts
its a shame, because this phone offers good potentional for some users. Being that it is android running on the verizon towers yet unlimited pre paid going through straight talk (Proclaim)
15th January 2013, 08:14 AM   |  #6  

3 posts
Go to Menu, Settings, Applications, Development and check "USB Debugging"
Bring up the dial pad on the phone and enter **87284
you should have 2 different options on the screen
select MODEM for both options
phone is now on diag mode
The Following User Says Thank You to ufs-4 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2013, 08:23 PM   |  #7  
Flag Desert Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 56