Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 40,352 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Stats Thread

Tip us?

shadehh
Old
Thanks Meter 279
I'm at 33%, at around 14 hours of phone being switched on with 2 hours 40 minutes screen on time. Mainly between 15~20% brightness all day.

40 minutes of listening to music and probably 1 and a half if hour if not 2 hours of browsing - a mixture of XDA app and chrome.

I've noticed an exceptionally good battery life the past two days. What i also noticed though, is that the past 2 days i never made any phone calls.

Usually i'd have 30~40 minutes of phone calls a day and that would use up as much energy as the screen being on in 1 hour 30 minutes (at least from what i've observed when it came to battery usage).

crislevin
Old
Thanks Meter 3
here is my latest run
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-01_20-55-43.png
Views:	305
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	1369085   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-01_20-55-51.png
Views:	320
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	1369086   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-01_20-55-58.png
Views:	280
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1369087   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-01_20-56-04.png
Views:	259
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	1369088  

rolle_84
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by crislevin View Post
here is my latest run
OMG! =) whats ur secret. i were happy last day when i got 23h standby / 3h screen

neuTrue
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolle_84 View Post
OMG! =) whats ur secret. i were happy last day when i got 23h standby / 3h screen
That guy didn't have his wifi/internet on all the time. Also, he is using his phone more efficiently. Which I mean that he doesn't turn on, things he doesn't need or use.

I can easily achieve 4+ hours screen time ,and so you could too.

Here are couple of guide lines you can follow:

1- Switch to 2g only.
2- Turn off NFC.
3- Don't use auto-brightness and keep your brightness low (I'v set a widget with following settings: 0,auto,20).
4- Disable all application you don't need (Facebook, Twitter, EA Games app,...)
5- Reduce sync interval (or better you do it manually).
6- In temperature widget remove all the cities you don't need or care about (one is more than enough!).
7- Repeat step 6 for clock as well.
8- Don't use applications that consume too much CPU power.
-a: Replace your browser and use Opera mini for reading.
-b: As rule of thump if your phone gets hot/warm in certain app then you are wasting your battery on that app.
9-Turn off anything that vibrate: Touching capacitive keys, keyboard,etc...
10- repeat step 9 on sound.
11- Use your wifi only when you need it.
12- Disable your GPS, unless you are using it.
13- Turn of the setting which flips your phone screen (uses accelerometer).

These are currently what I remember that I applied on my phone.

I can tell you my last run, was 3 hours and approximately 15 minutes of screen time while having my phone running for 17 hours. Most of battery wasted on an online game called "Indestructible" (1hour and 20 mins).

I hope you get similar results as well.

Good Luck :)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neuTrue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crislevin
Old
(Last edited by crislevin; 2nd October 2012 at 10:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolle_84 View Post
well, 3hr screen on is about what I got too. There are guys getting 9 hr screen on (doing lighter stuff).

The things I know for sure is that I have no background sync and no mobile data (I am on t-mobile in US, it really doesn't do data at all anyway), i also manually turn on/off wifi. I do, however, keep my screen brightness at ~50%, I tried 20%, i think that does save more battery, but low brightness doesn't do justice for such a beautiful screen.

I do also use firefox, i am not sure how its battery consumption compares with others, but its not likely better than opera mini.

In this 3-day run and in most cases, there was no battery drain in standby, sometimes, however, it loses battery at 3%/hr even in standby in airplane mode. I don't own the phone long enough to figure out the reason for this. So far, it seems the quick battery drain in airplane mode may be related to traveling to a different area, or taking a flight, or battery still being calibrated.

v0 HaVoK 0v
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I do have that "0% battery drain in standby" situation, I am on the same charge almost three days now, it doesn't drop at all overnight for 10 hours, then when I used it in the morning, it dropped 3% in first 3 minutes, then stabilize. It isn't that bad.
When I use mine after a long sleep, it drains down about 30% before finally stabilizing. The one x is strange, it almost seems as if no 2 One X are the same.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Baldilocks
Old
Thanks Meter 994

DONATE TO ME
Yeah, anything over 5.5 hours and something is fishy. I could probably leave screen on, on a black background and the screen on time would be 10+ hours. But, that is cheating. I'd say realistically, without cheating, 2.5-5.5 hours is normal for the One X.

I call B.S. on anything else...
Nexus 5 - Loving me some Google
The Following User Says Thank You to Baldilocks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mannfred
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hey guys!

I really need your advice. The battery life of my phone has decreased enormously! Standyby doesn't even last one day. Today I tested it and therefore used the phone very little.
After 12h 11m 35s only 4% of the battery were left. Although I the screen was on for only 33m 3s it used 44%. I called for 7m 47s and it took an amount of 17% of battery drain. Standyby used 16% and inactivity 14%. Do you think the battery is damaged?
I think of sending it in to the customer service. Do you think they will change the battery?

I use the stock rom with the latest firmware and I have also performed a reset. Autoscync every 30 minutes for email, Facebook once an hour and that's it. I am really frustrated. Would be glad to hear your opinions on that!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-02_19-17-56.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1371177   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-02_19-18-02.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	1371178   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-02_19-18-09.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1371179  

crislevin
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannfred View Post
Hey guys!

I really need your advice. The battery life of my phone has decreased enormously! Standyby doesn't even last one day. Today I tested it and therefore used the phone very little.
After 12h 11m 35s only 4% of the battery were left. Although I the screen was on for only 33m 3s it used 44%. I called for 7m 47s and it took an amount of 17% of battery drain. Standyby used 16% and inactivity 14%. Do you think the battery is damaged?
I think of sending it in to the customer service. Do you think they will change the battery?

I use the stock rom with the latest firmware and I have also performed a reset. Autoscync every 30 minutes for email, Facebook once an hour and that's it. I am really frustrated. Would be glad to hear your opinions on that!
while, the battery consumption graph is continuous, so it may be okay. How old is your phone?

First do a calibration, charge to 100%, fully discharge (to <10%), turn it off and charge to full (green light on), turn on.

Disable background syncing (30 minutes syncing is quite frequent). Try manually disabling wifi and mobile data, see if that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to crislevin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mannfred
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
while, the battery consumption graph is continuous, so it may be okay. How old is your phone?

First do a calibration, charge to 100%, fully discharge (to <10%), turn it off and charge to full (green light on), turn on.

Disable background syncing (30 minutes syncing is quite frequent). Try manually disabling wifi and mobile data, see if that helps.
Thank you for the idea with the recalibration! I will definitely try that and tell you the result. I got the phone in the beginning of august. Till 2 - 3 weeks ago the battery life was much better. Thanks again for your help!