Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,050 Members 42,950 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mod Atrix 4G HD Station to work with Atrix 2?

Tip us?

jlvanvleet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Mod Atrix 4G HD Station to work with Atrix 2?

So I have read the posts where people have modified the Atrix 4G lapdock to be used with the Atrix 2. What I am wondering is if anyone has tried the same thing with the Atrix 4G HD Station? I have seen that these are going for about half of what the one for the Atrix 2 is being sold for.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

beekah
Old
Thanks Meter 1
my guess, and mind you this is just a guess. is that it would be a mess. My understanding is that the ports are reversed between the two phones, so the plugs need to be switched. this sounds easy, but my bet is that in the dock these ports are molded in hard plastic. i could be way off base, but i think you would need to buy micro hdmi and micro usb cables to splice into the dock

socialx
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvanvleet View Post
So I have read the posts where people have modified the Atrix 4G lapdock to be used with the Atrix 2. What I am wondering is if anyone has tried the same thing with the Atrix 4G HD Station? I have seen that these are going for about half of what the one for the Atrix 2 is being sold for.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA
it's possible . some guys who are in asia posted that mod months before. What he said is to carefully open the case and very carefully remove the extra parts and then reverse the plug. It's not difficult but you have to be really careful.

zanoest
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Even after switching the connectors

Yeah, I have the Atrix 4G lapdock, and the Atrix 2. I switched the ports, and it still won't connect. I get the "Incompatible Device" error message on the phone. I get the webtop display for a second, and it disappears to the screen saver. Any suggestions?

partie
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanoest View Post
Yeah, I have the Atrix 4G lapdock, and the Atrix 2. I switched the ports, and it still won't connect. I get the "Incompatible Device" error message on the phone. I get the webtop display for a second, and it disappears to the screen saver. Any suggestions?
The 4G lapdock works great with the Atrix 2. I use it everyday. It does come up with "Incompatible Device" but works just fine. It also works with the Droid Razr I can confirm. Read this:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1299498&page=4
Post 33 & 34
The Following User Says Thank You to partie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fateh44
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question 4G Lapdock

Quote:
Originally Posted by partie View Post
The 4G lapdock works great with the Atrix 2. I use it everyday. It does come up with "Incompatible Device" but works just fine. It also works with the Droid Razr I can confirm. Read this:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1299498&page=4
Post 33 & 34
4G lapdock wont work with my Atrix 2 as well. I flipped the ports but I get the webtop display for a second, and then it disappears to the screen saver.

What ROM are you using? Any other mods on your phone?

redthunda69
Old
Thanks Meter 197
I'm having this same problem. Would love some help.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Phone
Nexus 5 ~~ Android L

Laptop
MacBook Pro ~~ OS X Yosemite

troycarpenter
Old
Thanks Meter 94
I had the same lapdock issue after reversing the ports. I only got it to work when I physically took the connectors out of the dock and inserted the into A2. It turns out the usb wasn't fully inserted, discovered by the mouse pad not responding and no charging I indicator on the battery icon.

I tried modifying an HD dock, but I broke it. I don't see how being careful helps.

Modifying the car dock is right out. The connector can't be reversed and the A2 is slightly bigger and won't fit. I did verify that the A2 goes into dock mode if you remove the connector and plug it in directly.
Samsung Galaxy S III (AT&T): Spirit 4.4.4 ROM
Samsung Galaxy S III (T-Mo): LikeWise S5 LT NE4/ND8 4.4.2 ROM
Samsung Galaxy S II (T-Mo): Paranoid Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition): Stock 4.4.2 ROM
Samsung Galxay Tab 10.1 (7510): Infamous AOKP (MIA after a move)
Samsung Galaxy S 4G: UltraGen ROM
Motorola Atrix 4G: NoattachTrix4G ROM, Webtop 2.3.6, faux123 kernel, Multimedia dock (x2), Standard Dock (x2), Car dock (dead touch matrix)