Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,354 Members 41,713 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Instagram out now for android

Tip us?

X_x_X_x_X_x_X
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Talking [APP] Instagram out now for android

The popular iOS app is now available for our phone!

The only problem i had was that it would force close when choosing a photo from the gallery. Other than that its a great app!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tagram.android

pentaxshooter
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having an issue where it FC's everytime I try and take a picture

NoCureForFools
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having that same problem. Has anyone figured a way around it? I tried restarting my phone, but that didn't help.

twoslo
Old
Thanks Meter 7
another with FC
Current: LG G3
Past : OG EVO // ET4G // LGOG // S4 // LG G3

Jess813
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Epic touch on Mijjahs Rom and I get FC once I click on the camera icon to port a picture... lame

NoCureForFools
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What you can still do to upload for the time being is go to your gallery and share the photo through instagram. It acts as a post. I think the app works fine for people with a stock phone.

Jess813
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCureForFools View Post
What you can still do to upload for the time being is go to your gallery and share the photo through instagram. It acts as a post. I think the app works fine for people with a stock phone.
Probably true, but then I would have to choose... root or instagram.... Uh thats easy I prefer ICS and there's plenty of apps with Filters.

LordJummy
Old
Thanks Meter 60
It's also force closing for me on Calk's latest FC24 ICS rom. I haven't tried it on GB. I'll probably flash Blazer 4.1 and see if it runs.

Can anyone with a GB based ROM tell me if it's force closing for you also? It only crashes when you try and take a pic. Hmmm...
i ated all teh kewkiez

AnJarBo
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCureForFools View Post
What you can still do to upload for the time being is go to your gallery and share the photo through instagram. It acts as a post
Hi, I have a question. What do you mean by sharing it through Instagram and have it acting as a post?
I went to the gallery, shared an image, selected Instagram, but it took me to the "filter-apply" screen, which is the point where it force closes.
Am I doing something wrong? I wouldn't mind editing photos in another app and just posting them on Instagram, and I understood that's kind of what you meant.

NoCureForFools
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess813 View Post
Probably true, but then I would have to choose... root or instagram.... Uh thats easy I prefer ICS and there's plenty of apps with Filters.
When you share it via instagram it allows you to use the filters. Atleast it did for me. I was thinking about trying to flash to FC24 to see if it did anything but I guess it's not working for you either. Hmm, anyone wanna try on a GB build?

Tags
instagram