Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 49,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

QCell Extended Battery 3600 mAh

Tip us?

LucasDTV
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Great battery, getting almost 2 days of usage with 7+ hours of screen time and a couple hours of data usage

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to LucasDTV For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dirtbikerr450
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 118
they are back in stock
If It's On XDA It Must Be Real

OneOfMany07
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Would love the longer battery life, but not sure I'd be happy with the "back tumor". And the price is very affordable too. Just wish it was a more rounded lump that was spread a bit more. But that'd likely drive the costs up as it would have to be a custom battery not just a custom cover.

putzini
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I really don't understand why people complain about the "aesthetics" of the damn phone when using an extended battery. Face it, except for those 2 Motorola phones, most Android phones have crappy battery life with the Standard battery. I have had this battery for 2 months and it works perfectly fine (im on Stock and not Rooted - anyone in San Francisco wanna help me Root it ?? -PM me ) Anyway, I am a medium-heavy user and I was getting almost 40 hrs of use. That is until the damn 4.04 update which has ruined this phone. The lovely Sleep of Death, which I have at least minimized using the n"clock" method, the sluggishness, Handcent Notifications just stop for no reason until I reboot...

The one big thing missing for this battery is a CASE ! I see that Q Cell now has cheap TPC cases for the extended battery for the S III, but not the S II. Has anyone found a case that fits with the QCell battery ??

dirtbikerr450
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by putzini View Post
I really don't understand why people complain about the "aesthetics" of the damn phone when using an extended battery. Face it, except for those 2 Motorola phones, most Android phones have crappy battery life with the Standard battery. I have had this battery for 2 months and it works perfectly fine (im on Stock and not Rooted - anyone in San Francisco wanna help me Root it ?? -PM me ) Anyway, I am a medium-heavy user and I was getting almost 40 hrs of use. That is until the damn 4.04 update which has ruined this phone. The lovely Sleep of Death, which I have at least minimized using the n"clock" method, the sluggishness, Handcent Notifications just stop for no reason until I reboot...

The one big thing missing for this battery is a CASE ! I see that Q Cell now has cheap TPC cases for the extended battery for the S III, but not the S II. Has anyone found a case that fits with the QCell battery ??
The case in the OP
If It's On XDA It Must Be Real

MassimoUA
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How holds the battery if the wife likes to play online toy?

putzini
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The battery life is overall great if you can deal with the bulge and heat !! If you play with it for say, more than 1/2 hr straight, it gets HOTT. It all depends on how you have things set. I am a moderate to heavy user and as long as you use something like Power Toggles to easily turn off WiFi, GPS , etc. to the lowest settings you can deal with, it helps extended the life. I have gotten close to 48 hrs in the past

QCell wrote me back and said that creating even a "basic" case like they have for the S3 would be cost prohibitive? Huh? Well, the S3 is the same dimensions for all versions, unlike the S2 which has too many damn differences. Well I learned my lesson here about extended batteries. There are a few other companies out there that make a competing battery and most have a case to go along with it

I may be selling this phone and hopefully getting a non Samsung phone with better signal and WiFi strength if its possible. I've never had more bad luck than with Samsung phones and I know I am not alone.

I really wish someone could guide me to a damn Android phone that has most of the specs of the S3, as good or better of a camera and video, SD card support and removable battery support. I am DONE with contracts so I need an Unlocked GSM World phone that has HSPA+ radios so i can get the best data speeds possible on net10 or other GSM mvno's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassimoUA View Post
How holds the battery if the wife likes to play online toy?

Nakasami
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have the QCell Extended Battery 3600mAh in my Galaxy S 2 SGH-I777, This is the first charge on this battery and its at 15% remaining at the time of this post. Very satisfied with it so far. I expect to get 5 days out of it before its completely dead.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20130204-142447.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	1703568  

wrs223
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Re: QCell Extended Battery 3600 mAh

Wow! Beast of a battery.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app