XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Really concerned about the One X browser

Tip us?

nativestranger
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by appelflap View Post
you mean when scrolling down? That's normal. The browser is based on the ics browser and like the ics browser it monitors scroll down events. If you do a short flick down, the address bar will appear. To turn that off, just turn on quick controls in the lab settings.

BTW I'm working on ICS Browser + , also based on the original ICS Browser code. It has some nice additional features like extended quick controls , UA settings, auto reflow after pinch to zoom etc.

It seems to work pretty good on the One X.

Open for suggestions.

Market link https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ft.browserplus (free)
The problem is they appear randomly when scrolling. A small transparent button at the lower corner to bring up the tabs and address menu would be much better. A bigger problem is the delay between finger movement and when screen starts to scroll. As you can see from the video it sometimes responds only by the time user slid his finger all the way down the screen. Quick controls can be tricky and annoying to use. The way Dolphin browser use the menu button to exit fullscreen and show all tabs and address bar is the fastest and most intuitive IMO.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

The One X thoroughly destroys the One S in benchmarks but curiously always slower in general operations like opening apps and rendering a webpage.

H-Cim
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSic View Post
I can't recall your problems.

My HTC One X browser is super-fast, fluid and overall.. just perfect.
I absolutely love it.
Indeed, there is absolutely no problem with the stock browser of the One X at all. (Got the device myself too)

Rycon33
Old
(Last edited by Rycon33; 4th April 2012 at 04:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1092
Guys, below is the sight of the stock Browser glitch. Top left corner. Will upload a short video later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

EDIT:video uploaded

Look closely on the 1 second and 23 second mark of the video, the glitch happened there.

Doesn't happen on other browsers though, only in stock browser the glitch is happening randomly.

Anyways, there are so many other browsers to use, chrome and dolphin are good though dolphin at the moment got the menu bar at the bottom.
ouya, xperia P, xperia TX, moto G, and nexus 5

nativestranger
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycon33 View Post
Guys, below is the sight of the stock Browser glitch. Top left corner. Will upload a short video later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

EDIT:video uploaded

Look closely on the 1 second and 23 second mark of the video, the glitch happened there.

Doesn't happen on other browsers though, only in stock browser the glitch is happening randomly.

Anyways, there are so many other browsers to use, chrome and dolphin are good though dolphin at the moment got the menu bar at the bottom.
Happens on chrome too. Just tested it. Out of three device two of them have the glitch one of them is perfect with no glitch whatsoever. This is a widespread hardware issue that is not consistent between samples. Tegra 3 manufacturing problem?

xmRipper
Old
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Could anyone please record a video of Chrome Beta on HTC One X ?

ArmedandDangerous
Old
Thanks Meter 329
I do have a problem with the One X browser. You zoom in, and it hangs and does a weird glitchy thing then it's ok. Zooming out does the same too, it hangs for a split second then shows you the full view.
HTC Desire Z (G2) @ meXdroidROM Ghost Chili AIO <3
HTC One X (endeavoru) @ VenomX 3.7.0 @ XMister #296
HTC One (M7) @ S-Off, Unlocked with revone, Stock rooted, ElementalX 0.11

treebill
Old
Thanks Meter 528
Weird I dont have any of these problems :/ I only have one and that's a dead pixel at the top of the screen which it arrived with so ill be taking back to the shop might only be able to.see it 2% of the time but that's 2% of this beauty of a screen that is ruined sad times

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
Our OS who art in CPU, UNIX be thy name. Thy programs run, thy syscalls done, In kernel as it is in user!

My photo blog

globalgpj
Old
Thanks Meter 42
+1. I have no issues with stock browser. Everything works smooth and quick. Fastest brower I have ever used. Better than my SG2 !
HTC M8 - GOLD DEVELOPERS EDITION - ROM: Revolution HD v5.0
HTC M7 - SILVER - ROM: Android Revolution HD v62.0

hamdir
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12379
also found no problem in the browser it was very smooth, smoothest stock browser ever

let's hope nativestranger is wrong and there are no bad tegra3s allowed out of foundry...this is the most worrying since an update can not fix this

strangely AP33 is supposed to be a revision, remember this?

semiaccurate.com/2011/08/04/a-look-at-tegra-3-3-3-and-4/

ArmedandDangerous
Old
Thanks Meter 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgpj View Post
+1. I have no issues with stock browser. Everything works smooth and quick. Fastest brower I have ever used. Better than my SG2 !
Have you tried zooming in and out of theverge.com? Load the full site, then double tap zoom in and back out.
HTC Desire Z (G2) @ meXdroidROM Ghost Chili AIO <3
HTC One X (endeavoru) @ VenomX 3.7.0 @ XMister #296
HTC One (M7) @ S-Off, Unlocked with revone, Stock rooted, ElementalX 0.11