Jan 3, 2006
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Red Magic 6S Pro
Unlock (HTC Method may void warranty, i dont care
tongue.gif
) + CWM = Can flash any custom rom
smile.gif

[1] register @ htcdev [dot] com
[2] just follow on-screen instruction until successfully boot with unlocked bootloader

[3] flash via fastboot ClockworkMod Recovery for the HTC One X v5.8.4.0[thread] by broncogr or TWRP (recommended) here

Now device is Bootloader Unlocked + CWM recovery + S-ON & ready to flash custom rom. BUT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO BACKUP YOUR STOCK ROM PRIOR FLASHING CUSTOM ROM.

[4] To ROOT STOCK ROM with STOCK BOOT.img/KERNEL ,
(i) download CWN-SuperSU-v0.96.zip [thread] by Chainfire
(ii) reboot into recovery mode
(iii) select install zip frm sdcard > choose zip frm sdcard > select zip file as in (i) step above > proceed to flash.

Last edited:

Rycon33

Apr 28, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
i only want root for the mean time to uninstall those bloatware that came with the phone. and maybe soon will think to unlock my bootloader for flashing custom kernels and ROM.

but at the moment, there's no way or exploit to root without unlocking the device first?

torxx

Mar 20, 2011
trickdroid.org
If you relock it, there will be still the signature on top of the bootloader.

So HTC always know when somebody unlocks the bootloader with htcdev.

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
If you relock it, there will be still the signature on top of the bootloader.

So HTC always know when somebody unlocks the bootloader with htcdev.

Almost true but when you flash ruu after relocking bootloader it also flashes hboot again hence it returns to normal locked status not relocked. Warranty still in tact. Warranty only void if returned in unlocked or relocked state. Once ruu flash is successful all is back to normal.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

Reactions: molecule_cc

steini81

Dec 14, 2010
Vienna
When unlocking the bootloder HTC gets the IMEI of the phone so even if you relock it and/or flash a RUU they will still know that you bootloader was unlocked.
If you go the HTCdev way to unlock your bootloader your waranty is gone for ever.

Sent from my ICS Sensation XE powered by InsertCoin Sense4

shingers5

When unlocking the bootloder HTC gets the IMEI of the phone so even if you relock it and/or flash a RUU they will still know that you bootloader was unlocked.
If you go the HTCdev way to unlock your bootloader your waranty is gone for ever.

Lol no its not mate. Once relocked you can still claim warranty as I've done with XL and others with various issues. No known issues with warranty have been posted after relocking and flashing stock ruu. HTC encourages unlocking bootloader and says that it MAY void warranty. Word being MAY!

steini81

Dec 14, 2010
Vienna
Lol no its not mate. Once relocked you can still claim warranty as I've done with XL and others with various issues. No known issues with warranty have been posted after relocking and flashing stock ruu. HTC encourages unlocking bootloader and says that it MAY void warranty. Word being MAY!

If you say so.
Then please tell HTC they should repair my brothers Sensation under warranty and not let him pay for flashing new software after he bricked it.

shingers5

If you say so.
Then please tell HTC they should repair my brothers Sensation under warranty and not let him pay for flashing new software after he bricked it.

This is one x mate lol. I assume your brother flashed s-off and super cid on his device? These contributing factors may have led to them not honor warranty. As there is no such solutions so one x or XL I know of a few people who have returned under warranty after relock. Remember if they can prove that it was bricked by human error that void warranty not just as bootloader was relocked.

steini81

Dec 14, 2010
Vienna
This is one x mate lol. I assume your brother flashed s-off and super cid on his device? These contributing factors may have led to them not honor warranty. As there is no such solutions so one x or XL I know of a few people who have returned under warranty after relock. Remember if they can prove that it was bricked by human error that void warranty not just as bootloader was relocked.

No, it got bricked while he unlocked the bootloader. After unlock was finished the phone was dead. No s-off, no super CID and no custom recovery were flashed.
In the e-mail HTC sent him they said that his warranty for software problems is gone and only if there is something wrong with hardware they will repair it under warranty.
We live in Austria, maybe the rules for the unlocking tool are different in other countrys.

Top Liked Posts