Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,623 Members 50,517 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUTORIAL] UNLOCK & ROOT Stock ROM & Stock BOOT/KERNEL

Tip us?
 
shingers5
Old
#11  
shingers5's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,093
Posts: 7,505
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by torxx View Post
If you relock it, there will be still the signature on top of the bootloader.

So HTC always know when somebody unlocks the bootloader with htcdev.
Almost true but when you flash ruu after relocking bootloader it also flashes hboot again hence it returns to normal locked status not relocked. Warranty still in tact. Warranty only void if returned in unlocked or relocked state. Once ruu flash is successful all is back to normal.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
LG G3 - WHITE 16gb
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 - N7100
All Custom Roms I use are built by Vertigo and Ben. Trust those guys completely

After owning so many at once I have decided to try something new by using one....It may not last but for now thats it
The Following User Says Thank You to shingers5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Snah001
Old
#12  
Snah001's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,141
Posts: 1,245
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by torxx View Post
If you relock it, there will be still the signature on top of the bootloader.

So HTC always know when somebody unlocks the bootloader with htcdev.
How can you relock it?
1 x ONE M8 MaximusHD 7.1.0 - 4.4.3. / S-Off
1 x ONE M7 latest ViperOne / S-Off
1 x One X: S-Off with Hox+ batt on VENOM VIPER-X 4.0.7. Sense 5

1 x ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 with dock on CROMi-X 5.3a
1 x NEXUS 7 2013
1 x Sensation Elegancia ICS Rom
1 x HD2 WM 7.8 Rom

Returned 4x due to build quality issues ASUS Transformer Infinity TF701 with dock
 
steini81
Old
#13  
steini81's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 225
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vienna
When unlocking the bootloder HTC gets the IMEI of the phone so even if you relock it and/or flash a RUU they will still know that you bootloader was unlocked.
If you go the HTCdev way to unlock your bootloader your waranty is gone for ever.

Sent from my ICS Sensation XE powered by InsertCoin Sense4
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic3320676_2.gif
 
shingers5
Old
#14  
shingers5's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,093
Posts: 7,505
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by steini81 View Post
When unlocking the bootloder HTC gets the IMEI of the phone so even if you relock it and/or flash a RUU they will still know that you bootloader was unlocked.
If you go the HTCdev way to unlock your bootloader your waranty is gone for ever.

Sent from my ICS Sensation XE powered by InsertCoin Sense4
Lol no its not mate. Once relocked you can still claim warranty as I've done with XL and others with various issues. No known issues with warranty have been posted after relocking and flashing stock ruu. HTC encourages unlocking bootloader and says that it MAY void warranty. Word being MAY!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
LG G3 - WHITE 16gb
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 - N7100
All Custom Roms I use are built by Vertigo and Ben. Trust those guys completely

After owning so many at once I have decided to try something new by using one....It may not last but for now thats it
 
shingers5
Old
#15  
shingers5's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,093
Posts: 7,505
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snah001 View Post
How can you relock it?
Fastboot OEM lock from bootloader screen using cmd prompt

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
LG G3 - WHITE 16gb
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 - N7100
All Custom Roms I use are built by Vertigo and Ben. Trust those guys completely

After owning so many at once I have decided to try something new by using one....It may not last but for now thats it
 
steini81
Old
#16  
steini81's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 225
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by shingers5 View Post
Lol no its not mate. Once relocked you can still claim warranty as I've done with XL and others with various issues. No known issues with warranty have been posted after relocking and flashing stock ruu. HTC encourages unlocking bootloader and says that it MAY void warranty. Word being MAY!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
If you say so.
Then please tell HTC they should repair my brothers Sensation under warranty and not let him pay for flashing new software after he bricked it.

Sent from my ICS Sensation XE powered by InsertCoin Sense4
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic3320676_2.gif
 
shingers5
Old
#17  
shingers5's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,093
Posts: 7,505
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by steini81 View Post
If you say so.
Then please tell HTC they should repair my brothers Sensation under warranty and not let him pay for flashing new software after he bricked it.

Sent from my ICS Sensation XE powered by InsertCoin Sense4
This is one x mate lol. I assume your brother flashed s-off and super cid on his device? These contributing factors may have led to them not honor warranty. As there is no such solutions so one x or XL I know of a few people who have returned under warranty after relock. Remember if they can prove that it was bricked by human error that void warranty not just as bootloader was relocked.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
LG G3 - WHITE 16gb
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 - N7100
All Custom Roms I use are built by Vertigo and Ben. Trust those guys completely

After owning so many at once I have decided to try something new by using one....It may not last but for now thats it
 
steini81
Old
#18  
steini81's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 225
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by shingers5 View Post
This is one x mate lol. I assume your brother flashed s-off and super cid on his device? These contributing factors may have led to them not honor warranty. As there is no such solutions so one x or XL I know of a few people who have returned under warranty after relock. Remember if they can prove that it was bricked by human error that void warranty not just as bootloader was relocked.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
No, it got bricked while he unlocked the bootloader. After unlock was finished the phone was dead. No s-off, no super CID and no custom recovery were flashed.
In the e-mail HTC sent him they said that his warranty for software problems is gone and only if there is something wrong with hardware they will repair it under warranty.
We live in Austria, maybe the rules for the unlocking tool are different in other countrys.


Sent from my ICS Sensation XE powered by InsertCoin Sense4
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic3320676_2.gif
 
TheMathMan
Old
#19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 1,361
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brighton
Does this wipe data when unlocking and rooting or just replace the kernel?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
Devices: Galaxy S5, Gear Fit
ROMs: Stock, Unrooted
 
shingers5
Old
#20  
shingers5's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,093
Posts: 7,505
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMathMan View Post
Does this wipe data when unlocking and rooting or just replace the kernel?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
when you unlock bootloader it factory resets the phone. doesnt replace anything. rooting doesnt either just gives you advanced privileges
LG G3 - WHITE 16gb
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 - N7100
All Custom Roms I use are built by Vertigo and Ben. Trust those guys completely

After owning so many at once I have decided to try something new by using one....It may not last but for now thats it

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes