Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bluetooth Message Access Profile(MAP)

OP bigcrav

4th April 2012, 03:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

37 posts
I am thinking about getting the One X but I do have a question first. I search the forums and read plenty of reviews to no avail. Does anyone know if the One X support the Bluetooth Message Access Profile(MAP). I would like the feature in my next phone to use with my Ford Sync system.
4th April 2012, 04:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 108

487 posts
Me too. Though my Sensation does it pretty well. Never hurts to be sure...
6th April 2012, 06:20 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
It apparently does support it. I was able to see text messages on my BMW 550's iDrive screen earlier. During pairing, I got a MAP Access request.

However there appears to be some kind of bug. When you go to Advanced Options in Bluetooth Settings, the only thing you see if FTP Server. However briefly other options flash and then disappear. Once earlier the options 'stuck' but if you'd check them they wouldn't save.

Hopefully the forthcoming OTA fixes this. I was really hoping this phone would show contact pictures in iDrive. The Sensation supports this. I suspect something in Bluetooth needs to be enabled that is not. (I borrowed a Lumia 900 with WP7 and it did this -- quite cool.)

Can anybody else test to see if the Advanced Options menu does the same thing?
Last edited by jlb; 6th April 2012 at 06:28 AM.
6th April 2012, 10:46 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

139 posts
When you got the MAP Access Request, did you select the 'always allow' option too? If not go back through the pairing process again to fix this.
6th April 2012, 03:10 PM   |  #5  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzboyz

When you got the MAP Access Request, did you select the 'always allow' option too? If not go back through the pairing process again to fix this.

I did. Should I repeat the pairing process and NOT select Always Allow?
6th April 2012, 03:46 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

37 posts
Awesome. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA
6th April 2012, 10:49 PM   |  #7  

5 posts
Still doesn't work, unfortunately. The options appear quickly and then disappear.

I cannot get Contact Pictures to work, nor E-mail. Text messages seem sporadic.
7th April 2012, 02:47 PM   |  #8  
Flag Massillon Ohio
Thanks Meter: 2

406 posts
More
Wink IT WORKS!
I just got the One X yesterday and it works perfectly for me with Ford SYNC and for the BMW iDrive in my wife's X5d. You are correct though, there does not seem to be any literature or documentation stating this as part of the phone's capability. My selling agent was willing to send me the One X to try out over the weekend. To my surprise and contentment, I finally have an Android phone working with AT&T and all of my BT capabilities. No compromises.
Last edited by raskell; 7th April 2012 at 02:50 PM.
14th May 2012, 02:03 AM   |  #9  
OP Member

37 posts
Any tips on getting it working? I enable "Message Access" in the Bluetooth advance setting. My Sync system won't Download unread messages and it won't let me send text message from the car. The phone hasn't pop up with a allow MAP access request dialog either. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I am also using the ATT One X. Not sure if thats the problem or not.
15th May 2012, 01:40 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 45

62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskell

I just got the One X yesterday and it works perfectly for me with Ford SYNC and for the BMW iDrive in my wife's X5d. You are correct though, there does not seem to be any literature or documentation stating this as part of the phone's capability. My selling agent was willing to send me the One X to try out over the weekend. To my surprise and contentment, I finally have an Android phone working with AT&T and all of my BT capabilities. No compromises.

Sir, does your SYNC system show the sender of the SMS properly? Mine's showing my number as the sender of every SMS in a 2013 Mustang with 1st gen SYNC w/NAV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcrav

Any tips on getting it working? I enable "Message Access" in the Bluetooth advance setting. My Sync system won't Download unread messages and it won't let me send text message from the car. The phone hasn't pop up with a allow MAP access request dialog either. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I am also using the ATT One X. Not sure if thats the problem or not.

Did you go into advanced settings on SYNC and enable the MAP profile? I had to do this in a 2013 Mustang with 1st gen SYNC w/NAV.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread