Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 42,045 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bluetooth Message Access Profile(MAP)

Tip us?

bigcrav
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Bluetooth Message Access Profile(MAP)

I am thinking about getting the One X but I do have a question first. I search the forums and read plenty of reviews to no avail. Does anyone know if the One X support the Bluetooth Message Access Profile(MAP). I would like the feature in my next phone to use with my Ford Sync system.

shirreer
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Me too. Though my Sensation does it pretty well. Never hurts to be sure...

jlb
Old
(Last edited by jlb; 6th April 2012 at 05:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
It apparently does support it. I was able to see text messages on my BMW 550's iDrive screen earlier. During pairing, I got a MAP Access request.

However there appears to be some kind of bug. When you go to Advanced Options in Bluetooth Settings, the only thing you see if FTP Server. However briefly other options flash and then disappear. Once earlier the options 'stuck' but if you'd check them they wouldn't save.

Hopefully the forthcoming OTA fixes this. I was really hoping this phone would show contact pictures in iDrive. The Sensation supports this. I suspect something in Bluetooth needs to be enabled that is not. (I borrowed a Lumia 900 with WP7 and it did this -- quite cool.)

Can anybody else test to see if the Advanced Options menu does the same thing?

pzboyz
Old
Thanks Meter 8
When you got the MAP Access Request, did you select the 'always allow' option too? If not go back through the pairing process again to fix this.
HTC 1S, Nexus 7 and Galaxy S3mini.
Asus TF101 with Random Reboots

jlb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzboyz View Post
When you got the MAP Access Request, did you select the 'always allow' option too? If not go back through the pairing process again to fix this.
I did. Should I repeat the pairing process and NOT select Always Allow?

bigcrav
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Awesome. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

jlb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Still doesn't work, unfortunately. The options appear quickly and then disappear.

I cannot get Contact Pictures to work, nor E-mail. Text messages seem sporadic.

raskell
Old
(Last edited by raskell; 7th April 2012 at 01:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Wink IT WORKS!

I just got the One X yesterday and it works perfectly for me with Ford SYNC and for the BMW iDrive in my wife's X5d. You are correct though, there does not seem to be any literature or documentation stating this as part of the phone's capability. My selling agent was willing to send me the One X to try out over the weekend. To my surprise and contentment, I finally have an Android phone working with AT&T and all of my BT capabilities. No compromises.
HTC One X - HTC__044 Quad-Core
(Jelly-Bean Powered)

`..`.. ><((((> --> One Way!

bigcrav
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Any tips on getting it working? I enable "Message Access" in the Bluetooth advance setting. My Sync system won't Download unread messages and it won't let me send text message from the car. The phone hasn't pop up with a allow MAP access request dialog either. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I am also using the ATT One X. Not sure if thats the problem or not.

Zathu
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskell View Post
I just got the One X yesterday and it works perfectly for me with Ford SYNC and for the BMW iDrive in my wife's X5d. You are correct though, there does not seem to be any literature or documentation stating this as part of the phone's capability. My selling agent was willing to send me the One X to try out over the weekend. To my surprise and contentment, I finally have an Android phone working with AT&T and all of my BT capabilities. No compromises.
Sir, does your SYNC system show the sender of the SMS properly? Mine's showing my number as the sender of every SMS in a 2013 Mustang with 1st gen SYNC w/NAV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcrav View Post
Any tips on getting it working? I enable "Message Access" in the Bluetooth advance setting. My Sync system won't Download unread messages and it won't let me send text message from the car. The phone hasn't pop up with a allow MAP access request dialog either. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I am also using the ATT One X. Not sure if thats the problem or not.
Did you go into advanced settings on SYNC and enable the MAP profile? I had to do this in a 2013 Mustang with 1st gen SYNC w/NAV.