No registration required

[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] CM Nightly RIL Progress

OP TuxDroid

4th April 2012, 04:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41

180 posts
More
This thread is a place for devs to geeks out about the progress (and issues) related to getting the RIL working on CM9 for the HTC Rezound. Hopefully dmeadows013, JoelZ9614, & scotty1223 (plus any devs I missed) will start posting here on this topic.
4th April 2012, 04:17 AM   |  #2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 88

1,429 posts
More
The idea behind dev threads is for devs to post work they have commenced on. Not for us to set up a soapbox and expect the orators to come there.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
4th April 2012, 04:23 AM   |  #3  
Flag Du Bois, PA
Thanks Meter: 83

436 posts
More
You may want to take out "[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL]" from the thread name, and you may want to get this moved to general. Even more so, this thread serves no purpose, really. Us regular people would have nothing to contribute, and the devs are already helping each other however they can. Give it time and the ril will work.
4th April 2012, 04:27 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 61

761 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxDroid

This thread is a place for devs to geeks out about the progress (and issues) related to getting the RIL working on CM9 for the HTC Rezound. Hopefully dmeadows013, JoelZ9614, & scotty1223 (plus any devs I missed) will start posting here on this topic.

i see nothing wrong with making this thread to keep the nightly one clean. my question is which of our devs have experience with getting ril to work? is dmeadows just working on this or is scott & joel too?
4th April 2012, 04:29 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 3,781

2,400 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty_markus12

i see nothing wrong with making this thread to keep the nightly one clean. my question is which of our devs have experience with getting ril to work? is dmeadows just working on this or is scott & joel too?

Scott is beginning to work on it. Joel is also starting to work on it too. I have had several people PM me and offer their skills. Also we have the legendary app developer and kernel/rom cooker Conap
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dmeadows013 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2012, 04:37 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 61

761 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeadows013

Scott is beginning to work on it. Joel is also starting to work on it too. I have had several people PM me and offer their skills. Also we have the legendary app developer and kernel/rom cooker Conap

OMG you just made my night... thank you all!
4th April 2012, 04:41 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41

180 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeadows013

Thanks for chiming in. I made this as a response to some posts going back and forth in another thread in hopes of spurring some good technical conversation. dmeadows013, are you good with this?

Sent from my Rezound via Tapatalk
4th April 2012, 04:45 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Developer
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 3,781

2,400 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxDroid

Thanks for chiming in. I made this as a response to some posts going back and forth in another thread in hopes of spurring some good technical conversation. dmeadows013, are you good with this?

Sent from my Rezound via Tapatalk

Yeah.. Most of the stuff we talk about is over gtalk though. Just more convenient.
The Following User Says Thank You to dmeadows013 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2012, 04:20 PM   |  #9  
San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 35

271 posts
More
I'm a noob when it comes to technical stuff. Could somebody briefly explain what ril is?
4th April 2012, 05:15 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 69

342 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabomb697

I'm a noob when it comes to technical stuff. Could somebody briefly explain what ril is?

Radio Interface Layer - basically the code that allows for communication between the radio hardware in the phone and the Android OS. Without a working RIL we have the ROM that dmeadows013 has (so amazingly and kindly) built for us that can function as a "mini android tablet" without a working data/voice connection.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deathbyfugu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread