Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 37,811 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] CM Nightly RIL Progress

Tip us?

TuxDroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default [ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] CM Nightly RIL Progress

This thread is a place for devs to geeks out about the progress (and issues) related to getting the RIL working on CM9 for the HTC Rezound. Hopefully dmeadows013, JoelZ9614, & scotty1223 (plus any devs I missed) will start posting here on this topic.

khanam
Old
Thanks Meter 88
The idea behind dev threads is for devs to post work they have commenced on. Not for us to set up a soapbox and expect the orators to come there.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
Galaxy Note 2 / HP Touchpad

champdr0id
Old
Thanks Meter 83
You may want to take out "[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL]" from the thread name, and you may want to get this moved to general. Even more so, this thread serves no purpose, really. Us regular people would have nothing to contribute, and the devs are already helping each other however they can. Give it time and the ril will work.
Eris on AOKP ICS: Dedicated music player
Rezound on Liquid: Standing by
Archos 5 Internet Tablet (Gen. 7, 500 GB): Bricked, and I haven't cared to fix it.
Droid DNA: One last chance, Big Red

mighty_markus12
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxDroid View Post
This thread is a place for devs to geeks out about the progress (and issues) related to getting the RIL working on CM9 for the HTC Rezound. Hopefully dmeadows013, JoelZ9614, & scotty1223 (plus any devs I missed) will start posting here on this topic.
i see nothing wrong with making this thread to keep the nightly one clean. my question is which of our devs have experience with getting ril to work? is dmeadows just working on this or is scott & joel too?

dmeadows013
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,777

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty_markus12 View Post
i see nothing wrong with making this thread to keep the nightly one clean. my question is which of our devs have experience with getting ril to work? is dmeadows just working on this or is scott & joel too?
Scott is beginning to work on it. Joel is also starting to work on it too. I have had several people PM me and offer their skills. Also we have the legendary app developer and kernel/rom cooker Conap
Current Devices: Google Nexus 5 (Black/32GB), Google Nexus 7 (Black/32GB)

MY WORK:

HTC Incredible
GingerStock Rom
AOKP ROM

HTC Rezound
AOKP ROM

Samsung GSIII
KitKangs

Like What I Do? Buy Me an Arizona!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dmeadows013 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mighty_markus12
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeadows013 View Post
Scott is beginning to work on it. Joel is also starting to work on it too. I have had several people PM me and offer their skills. Also we have the legendary app developer and kernel/rom cooker Conap
OMG you just made my night... thank you all!

TuxDroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeadows013 View Post
Thanks for chiming in. I made this as a response to some posts going back and forth in another thread in hopes of spurring some good technical conversation. dmeadows013, are you good with this?

Sent from my Rezound via Tapatalk
Galaxy Nexus (toro)
Currently rocking Slim Bean and Golden Kernel but am also a CyanogenMod fan.
TWRP makes thing nice and easy too.

dmeadows013
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,777

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxDroid View Post
Thanks for chiming in. I made this as a response to some posts going back and forth in another thread in hopes of spurring some good technical conversation. dmeadows013, are you good with this?

Sent from my Rezound via Tapatalk
Yeah.. Most of the stuff we talk about is over gtalk though. Just more convenient.
Current Devices: Google Nexus 5 (Black/32GB), Google Nexus 7 (Black/32GB)

MY WORK:

HTC Incredible
GingerStock Rom
AOKP ROM

HTC Rezound
AOKP ROM

Samsung GSIII
KitKangs

Like What I Do? Buy Me an Arizona!

The Following User Says Thank You to dmeadows013 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dabomb697
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I'm a noob when it comes to technical stuff. Could somebody briefly explain what ril is?

Deathbyfugu
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabomb697 View Post
I'm a noob when it comes to technical stuff. Could somebody briefly explain what ril is?
Radio Interface Layer - basically the code that allows for communication between the radio hardware in the phone and the Android OS. Without a working RIL we have the ROM that dmeadows013 has (so amazingly and kindly) built for us that can function as a "mini android tablet" without a working data/voice connection.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deathbyfugu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]