Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Do you run this rom in Hybrid (both mods) in Phone, Tablet mod or Neither ?
Hybrid (sometimes phone sometimes tablet) 35 27.78%
Phone 23 18.25%
Tablet 54 42.86%
I don run this rom (please post why) no flaming! 14 11.11%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][UCLF6][Friday the 13th] The Hybrid RCVII is LIVE .

OP DAGr8

10th April 2012, 01:30 AM   |  #1641  
Flag Ft Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 1,213

1,653 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wow i must be so lucky :) i don't have any of these issues i see everyone else with only the ones i posted on the last page, and those are the truly can't avoids no mater what. Looks like the android god was on my side with this Rom lol! But i had no pros on saurom either :)

Btw i realized after studying the v6 super charged script that you can perform the same tweak in romtoolbox! 8,16,115,130,200 as memory tweak ;)
Last edited by truth77; 10th April 2012 at 01:34 AM.
10th April 2012, 01:39 AM   |  #1642  
Flag Redding, CA
Thanks Meter: 358

977 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth77

Wow i must be so lucky :) i don't have any of these issues i see everyone else with only the ones i posted on the last page, and those are the truly can't avoids no mater what. Looks like the android god was on my side with this Rom lol! But i had no pros on saurom either :)

Btw i realized after studying the v6 super charged script that you can perform the same tweak in romtoolbox! 8,16,115,130,200 as memory tweak ;)

Yes but it won't keep your launcher from being killed when memory does get low, also, those values I am almost positive will reset after each boot due to the way ICS and stock roms are set up. The v6 script is able to be scheduled at boot and is able to schedule "flushes" that reset the VM which is important because you will notice every 2 hours or so that there is less free memory available.

I am interested to see if those values will stick for you on reboot, could be an easier way for people to improve their performance when they aren't quite gangster enough to properly set up the script.
10th April 2012, 01:59 AM   |  #1643  
NorCal
Thanks Meter: 68

554 posts
More
Delete
Last edited by projekt1; 10th April 2012 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Worng thread
10th April 2012, 02:01 AM   |  #1644  
Thanks Meter: 109

642 posts
So quick question since its been awhile since ive done the whole root thing. Currently using ICS one click thats unrooted. Do i still use the exisiting root methods? prerooted kernal or no flash counter one? or would i just do this directly through odin on top of my oneclick ics unroot. I saw DA_G's old right up, but not sure if that works with ics, flashing the pda.tar via odin to root
10th April 2012, 02:16 AM   |  #1645  
Flag Ft Lauderdale

1,653 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanzach

Yes but it won't keep your launcher from being killed when memory does get low, also, those values I am almost positive will reset after each boot due to the way ICS and stock roms are set up. The v6 script is able to be scheduled at boot and is able to schedule "flushes" that reset the VM which is important because you will notice every 2 hours or so that there is less free memory available.

I am interested to see if those values will stick for you on reboot, could be an easier way for people to improve their performance when they aren't quite gangster enough to properly set up the script.

Lol point taken and i won't get to try cuz i know better that to make the two apps compete for memory that's a recipe for disaster. but like you said its a way for people who can't get it to work like we can! It is just the values use in 768 so its more aggressive towards the app your in or or running. Great for gaming and net browsing!

And to be perfectly honest i was getting the best performance just on lowering my vm heap to 64. I was just going to try and uninstall the supercharged script. But that's imho.
Last edited by truth77; 10th April 2012 at 02:20 AM.
10th April 2012, 02:21 AM   |  #1646  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 3

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt1

Edit: One question, how can I disable shortcuts from being made on the screen? This is annoying because after all my apps automatically get restored they each add a shortcut and I have to go and delete each one.. Again, not a big deal just would like to know how.

Play Shop > Settings > uncheck auto-add widget
The Following User Says Thank You to Tearrek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 02:24 AM   |  #1647  
Flag Ft Lauderdale

1,653 posts
Donate to Me
More
Arrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe024

So quick question since its been awhile since ive done the whole root thing. Currently using ICS one click thats unrooted. Do i still use the exisiting root methods? prerooted kernal or no flash counter one? or would i just do this directly through odin on top of my oneclick ics unroot. I saw DA_G's old right up, but not sure if that works with ics, flashing the pda.tar via odin to root

If I'm not mistaken installing cwm is the root. You just need to download superuser from the market. But I could be wrong because I flashed dagr8's Rom only.

You guys should really try the new dictation. I seriously have not typed once since I've been on ice cream sandwich
10th April 2012, 02:26 AM   |  #1648  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 151

411 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOWNCO

is anyone getting sms messages that send but in the sms app it said send failed with a read exclamation point so annoying?

I was having this issue whenever I replied having "quick reply" active in SMS Popup. I tested over and over and this feature is not working properly. If you disable quick reply the problem should go away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
Last edited by katdog75; 10th April 2012 at 02:52 AM.
10th April 2012, 02:36 AM   |  #1649  
Flag Kissimmee
Thanks Meter: 650

2,738 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGr8

on Rogers getting poor LTE speed ?

I fixed mine like this :

Open Dialer : Type *#2263# and Select "[4] LTE Band Preference" then "[7] LTE ALL". hit home button not back . test speeds .

Update :

I have been looking into different possibilities for the tablet mode

it seem to me Touchwiz UI is what is breaking it , it will require a lot of porting form an aosp build in order to get this working not something that is done in a day .

So I have 2 options here for the next 5-7 days

Make a Saurom ICS with as many goodies and features as I can port from GB to ICS or start some heavy lifing on the Tablet mod on Touchwiz base .

I would say definitely a multi-dpi suarom ics!

RoloRacer on ICS Galaxy Note!
10th April 2012, 02:54 AM   |  #1650  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 11

132 posts
More
Saurom

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread