[ROM][v2 - April 18th 2012] PVL-StockPlus [4.5.1-134_DFP-231]

Search This thread

prasannavl

Mar 29, 2011
So, after hovering over CM nightlies for as long as I can remember, I guess, I've reached a point where I want things to just work. And DFP-231, for the first time pleasantly surprised me! So, sticking as close to stock as possible while having all the goodies, here - PVL-StockPlus.

Credits to: walter79, iaio72, spear1403, tgzw, Quarx, Simondo, ein1002, santimanuel, and all others involved in this forum as some of their individual contributions elsewhere may be included :)

Base: DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP-231-AsiaRetail
Languages: en_US, en_GB, fr_FR, it_IT, es_ES, es_US, de_DE, de_AT, nl_NL, zh_CN, vi_VN, tl_PH, th_TH, id_ID.

Compatible Devices: Motorola Defy Plus (MB526), Motorola Defy (MB525 - Bayer camera module only, devices with green lens is not supported)

Core Additions:

Rooted.
Added Busybox.
Added latest Bootmenu.
Added 720p video recording and playback.
Added panorama mode.
Added init.d support
Added official Motorola's full version of QuickOffice instead of Lite.
Automatic zip-align on boot.
Added ramscript.
Enabled Multi-touch support upto 10 points. (Can be edited in /system/build.prop)
Adjustable Button Backlight (Can be edited in /system/build.prop)
Added Deep Sleep support. (Extends your battery life significantly)
Volume Buttons Wake Support.
Dalvik Tweaks.
Fully De-Odexed.

UI Changes:

Full black status bar.
Full ICS animations.
Roboto (ICS) Fonts.
Simple circle battery icon.
A much simpler and more elegant loading icon.

System Application Changes:

Added Google Play Music.
Removed ZinioReader. (Download it from Market if you'd like)
Removed CardioTrainer Stub.
Removed MotoLounge Stub.
Removed HelpCentre Stub.

Ramscript Configurations:

minfree - 1536,2048,4096,10240,14800,20360
swapiness - 20
vfs_cache_pressure - 70
dirty_expire_centisecs - 3000
dirty_writeback_centisecs - 500
dirty_ratio - 15
dirty_background_ratio - 3

Download Links:

Version 2: PVL-StockPlus-v2.zip [194 MB]
Version 1: PVL-StockPlus-v1.zip [191 MB]

Note: If you're installing it on a Defy (not Defy+), you need to only restore "system" using "Advanced Restore", and flash 4.5.3-109-DHT Kernel from here - http://ge.tt/969Z8xC/v/3.

Updates:

Note: All the updates below are already integrated into Version 2. You don't have to download any of these below.

ResponsivenessUpdate.zip [156Kb] (Will work on any ROM with init.d support - Tweaks to ramscript)
MP4VideoUpdate.zip [158Kb] - VGA+ resolution videos including 720p now use MP4 containers. (Info: 720p uses generic MPEG4 Part-2 encoding while others use H264 (Part-10 AVC) as frame-rate with 720p using H264 is too low, although it provides better quality. Edit /system/build.prop if you wish to change that.)

Screenshots: http://www.prasannavl.com/2012/04/pvl-stockplus-custom-rom-for-motorola_05.html

How to Install:

1. Root your Phone and Install Bootmenu (SndInitDefy_2.0.apk)
2. Extract the downloaded file to the SD card at: /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup
3. Copy all the update zip files, if any, anywhere into your SD card.
4. Reboot
5. Boot into 2nd-init (Volume-Down on Blue LED)
6. Go to "Recovery" -> "Custom Recovery" -> "Backup and Restore" -> "Restore" -> "PVL-StockPlus-v1"
7. To install the updates, if any, choose "Install from zip from sdcard" -> Select all the update zips one by one and install.
8. Wipe data (Optional but recommended) and cache (Strictly required).
9. Reboot

If you're on a Green Lens Defy, you should probably wait for walter79's MSGinger. While I intend to focus only on the Defy Plus and Red Lens Defy, walter's ROMs provide a wide range of compatibility.

Change Log:

Version 2 - 18th April 2012:

Fix: zipalign executable missing.
Fix: Panorama mode build.prop typo (Thanks to walter79)
Number of Multi-touch points can be edited in /system/build.prop
Button backlight can now be edited in /system/build.prop
Dalvik Tweaks.
Fully De-Odexed.
Added Google Play Music.
Integrated all of v1's updates.
More build.prop tweaks.

For those who share my taste and prefer simplicity, enjoy. Others, no one's stoping you either. ;)

PVL

Last edited:

prasannavl

Mar 29, 2011
How do I install this

Sent From My SGP 5.O

Extract, copy this folder into the clockworkmod backup folder.
Restore backup like anyother back up.

If you do not understand any of the above, please refer to the Defy All-In-One Guide, or search the forums for how to install custom ROMs for defy before proceeding.

How did you manage to root DFP-231? Isn't it BL7?

Well, I don't see why its not possible when you can extract the image, root it manually, create the nandroid of that, and then flashing it? Its only not possible when you're stuck get stuck on an unrooted phone loosing the ability to flash custom ROMs.

prasannavl

Mar 29, 2011
Added Responsiveness Update.

Tweaked ramscript values for much better responsiveness, especially on a long running phone.

PS: This update will work with any ROM (say MSGinger) with init.d support.

vikrambharadwaj

Apr 14, 2011
Bangalore
I have a defy and it has a 1700 mh battery in it, similar to defy+, If I install this ROM will I still need the battery patch for defy???

Currently using walter's ROM which charges battery to 100% but if I use other ROM like stock froyo It only charges to 83% and on CM9 gets doesnt show any battery change at all.

prasannavl

Mar 29, 2011
I have a defy and it has a 1700 mh battery in it, similar to defy+, If I install this ROM will I still need the battery patch for defy???

Currently using walter's ROM which charges battery to 100% but if I use other ROM like stock froyo It only charges to 83% and on CM9 gets doesnt show any battery change at all.

No. You don't need a patch. You can go ahead and install it.

Im running CM7.2
Can i restore nandroid without flashing to stock sbf first?

Yes. You can.

Reactions: oSandmaNo

pranks1989

Nov 24, 2011
Hyderabad
Extract, copy this folder into the clockworkmod backup folder.
Restore backup like anyother back up.

If you do not understand any of the above, please refer to the Defy All-In-One Guide, or search the forums for how to install custom ROMs for defy before proceeding.

Well, I don't see why its not possible when you can extract the image, root it manually, create the nandroid of that, and then flashing it? Its only not possible when you're stuck get stuck on an unrooted phone loosing the ability to flash custom ROMs.

Well that is what w are asking! What do you do if u have a stock dfp231??! No way out right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, after hovering over CM nightlies for as long as I can remember, I guess, I've reached a point where I want things to just work. And DFP-231, for the first time pleasantly surprised me! So, sticking as close to stock as possible while having all the goodies, here - PVL-StockPlus.

Credits to: walter79, iaio72, spear1403, tgzw, Quarx, Simondo, ein1002, santimanuel, and all others involved in this forum as some of their individual contributions elsewhere may be included :)

Base: DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP-231-AsiaRetail
    Languages: en_US, en_GB, fr_FR, it_IT, es_ES, es_US, de_DE, de_AT, nl_NL, zh_CN, vi_VN, tl_PH, th_TH, id_ID.

Compatible Devices: Motorola Defy Plus (MB526), Motorola Defy (MB525 - Bayer camera module only, devices with green lens is not supported)

Core Additions:

Rooted.
    Added Busybox.
    Added latest Bootmenu.
    Added 720p video recording and playback.
    Added panorama mode.
    Added init.d support
    Added official Motorola's full version of QuickOffice instead of Lite.
    Automatic zip-align on boot.
    Added ramscript.
    Enabled Multi-touch support upto 10 points. (Can be edited in /system/build.prop)
    Adjustable Button Backlight (Can be edited in /system/build.prop)
    Dalvik Tweaks.
    Fully De-Odexed.

UI Changes:

Full black status bar.
    Full ICS animations.
    Roboto (ICS) Fonts.
    Simple circle battery icon.
    A much simpler and more elegant loading icon.

System Application Changes:

Added Google Play Music.
    Removed ZinioReader. (Download it from Market if you'd like)
    Removed CardioTrainer Stub.
    Removed MotoLounge Stub.
    Removed HelpCentre Stub.

Ramscript Configurations:

minfree - 1536,2048,4096,10240,14800,20360
    swapiness - 20
    vfs_cache_pressure - 70
    dirty_expire_centisecs - 3000
    dirty_writeback_centisecs - 500
    dirty_ratio - 15
    dirty_background_ratio - 3

Download Links:

Version 2: PVL-StockPlus-v2.zip [194 MB]
    Version 1: PVL-StockPlus-v1.zip [191 MB]

Note: If you're installing it on a Defy (not Defy+), you need to only restore "system" using "Advanced Restore", and flash 4.5.3-109-DHT Kernel from here - http://ge.tt/969Z8xC/v/3.

Updates:

Note: All the updates below are already integrated into Version 2. You don't have to download any of these below.

ResponsivenessUpdate.zip [156Kb] (Will work on any ROM with init.d support - Tweaks to ramscript)
    MP4VideoUpdate.zip [158Kb] - VGA+ resolution videos including 720p now use MP4 containers. (Info: 720p uses generic MPEG4 Part-2 encoding while others use H264 (Part-10 AVC) as frame-rate with 720p using H264 is too low, although it provides better quality. Edit /system/build.prop if you wish to change that.)

Screenshots: http://www.prasannavl.com/2012/04/pvl-stockplus-custom-rom-for-motorola_05.html

How to Install:

1. Root your Phone and Install Bootmenu (SndInitDefy_2.0.apk)
    2. Extract the downloaded file to the SD card at: /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup
    3. Copy all the update zip files, if any, anywhere into your SD card.
    4. Reboot
    5. Boot into 2nd-init (Volume-Down on Blue LED)
    6. Go to "Recovery" -> "Custom Recovery" -> "Backup and Restore" -> "Restore" -> "PVL-StockPlus-v1"
    7. To install the updates, if any, choose "Install from zip from sdcard" -> Select all the update zips one by one and install.
    8. Wipe data (Optional but recommended) and cache (Strictly required).
    9. Reboot

If you're on a Green Lens Defy, you should probably wait for walter79's MSGinger. While I intend to focus only on the Defy Plus and Red Lens Defy, walter's ROMs provide a wide range of compatibility.

Change Log:

Version 2 - 18th April 2012:

Dalvik Tweaks.
    Fully De-Odexed.
    Added Google Play Music.
    More build.prop tweaks.

For those who share my taste and prefer simplicity, enjoy. Others, no one's stoping you either. ;)

PVL
    There is a mistake in build.prop

Code:
    ro.media.panorama.frameres=848[COLOR="Blue"]#[/COLOR]480

change to:

Code:
    ro.media.panorama.frameres=848[COLOR="Red"]x[/COLOR]480
    Hi,

could not install ...MD5 mismatch in CWM. :confused:

the same happened to me! :(

me too .... MD5 mismatch ....i copy the file from ver 1 also cannot .

I can't restore this nandroid... md5 mismatch! :(

Please reupload it again

Same here :(

Correctly unzipped with 7zip.

the md5 in nandroid.md5 is actually different from the system.ext3.tar one and from any other file in the directory.

Damn! Terribly Sorry guys! I will reupoload it! Meanwhile, you don't have to redownload it again. Just open the nandroid.md5 in a text editor and replace it the line with md5 of "system.tar.ext3" with

Code:
    a1dd5d0b16b56d94b5cb77f213dcf594  ./system.ext3.tar

Save it, and now it should work!

Sorry about this. Will reupload it soon.
    v2 Released

Couldn't upload the file for over 3 days due to internet connectivity issues. Finally fixed and v2 released. :)

Version 2 - 17th April 2012 :

Dalvik Tweaks.
    Fully De-Odexed.
    Updated Stock Camera to Droid-Razr Camera.
    Added Google Play Music.
    More build.prop tweaks.
    MP4 Video Recording Update.

VGA+ resolution videos including 720p now use MP4 containers. (Info: 720p uses generic MPEG4 Part-2 encoding while others use H264 (Part-10 AVC) as frame-rate with 720p using H264 is too low, although it provides better quality. Edit /system/build.prop if you wish to change that.)