[TOOL] Whatsapp Xtract: Backup Messages Extractor / Database Analyzer / Chat-Backup

OP ztedd

24th April 2012, 10:44 PM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 241

204 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAnouaar

Here it isn't working i have the unencrypted file, placed in the same folder as whatsapp_xtract.py and .bat and three folders, the bat appears for a second and it pop away.
What i'm doing wrong?
Edit: Getting error: This file is encrypted or not a database.
But it isn't a db.crypt file.

Try to open the file using SQLite Database Browser - http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/

Can it be opened? What do you see?

If it can't be opened, then open the file with an editor (make sure not to save and backup before!). Copy the first lines and post it here (or send it by PM to me, you also might send the whole file to me if you want).

Then perhaps we will know if it's because the file is encrypted or something else..
25th April 2012, 12:15 AM   |  #22  
Flag aleppo
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
More
Thanks a lot!
25th April 2012, 03:58 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 1

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztedd

Try to open the file using SQLite Database Browser - http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/

Can it be opened? What do you see?

If it can't be opened, then open the file with an editor (make sure not to save and backup before!). Copy the first lines and post it here (or send it by PM to me, you also might send the whole file to me if you want).

Then perhaps we will know if it's because the file is encrypted or something else..

I can open it with SQLite but it keeps blank so i opened it with notepad and the first rule is
Quote:

SQLite format 3   @ ▀˙ %.      ▀˙ -Ô  ' ­ ­ 1E indexsqlite_autoindex_chat_list_1chat_list 1ü=indexmessages_key_indexmessagesCREATE UNIQUE INDEX messages_key_index on messages (key_remote_jid, key_from_me, key_id)P++Ytablesqlite_sequencesqlite_sequence CREATE TABLE sqlite_sequence(name,seq)äçYtablemessagesme ssagesCREATE TABLE messages (_id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, key_remote_jid TEXT NOT NULL, key_from_me INTEGER, key_id TEXT NOT NULL, status INTEGER, needs_push INTEGER, data TEXT, timestamp INTEGER, media_url TEXT, media_mime_type TEXT, media_wa_type TEXT, media_size INTEGER, media_name TEXT, latitude REAL, longitude REAL, thumb_image TEXT, remote_resource TEXT, received_timestamp INTEGER, send_timestamp INTEGER, receipt_server_timestamp INTEGER, receipt_device_timestamp INTEGER)

25th April 2012, 10:18 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 47

262 posts
More
Will the chat output from this software show all the smileys of whatsapp? not the regular ones, the whatsapp ones...
25th April 2012, 10:43 PM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member

204 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlag

Will the chat output from this software show all the smileys of whatsapp? not the regular ones, the whatsapp ones...

It should show all the smileys of whatsapp. In the download archive you find a folder called "emoji" with all the smiley images that are included.
The Following User Says Thank You to ztedd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 10:51 PM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member

204 posts
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAnouaar

I can open it with SQLite but it keeps blank so i opened it with notepad and the first rule is

Quote:

SQLite format 3   @ ▀˙ %.      ▀˙ -Ô  ' ­ ­ 1E indexsqlite_autoindex_chat_list_1chat_list 1ü=indexmessages_key_indexmessagesCREATE UNIQUE INDEX messages_key_index on messages

Okay, this seems like a normal whatsapp database. But if SQLite Editor can't open it then the database file is somehow corrupted. Where did you get the file from? Did you copy it from the original position /data/data/com.whatsapp/databases? Or how exactly did you receive that file?

I can try to have a look at the file if you don't bother.

Otherwise you should research on SQLite Database file recovery / database repairing / open corrupted SQLite database / ...

You may also try this: put the file on the SD card in /sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases as the only file there, then reinstall Whatsapp (it should be deinstalled first or at least the file /data/data/com.whatsapp/databases/msgstore.db should be deleted) and choose Yes when you are asked to import the backup. Maybe whatsapp itself still can import it.
If this succeeds, then copy the now created file /data/data/com.whatsapp/databases/msgstore.db - this should be uncorrupted now.
26th April 2012, 05:29 AM   |  #27  
Flag Bohol, Philippines
Thanks Meter: 14

278 posts
More
Would it be possible to make this app similar to SMS Backup +, so that it backs up your Whatsapp messages into Gmail, assigning a separate label? Would do tons for user friendliness and ease of use.

Other than that, great concept! ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
26th April 2012, 08:48 AM   |  #28  

46 posts
Quote:

Okay, this seems like a normal whatsapp database. But if SQLite Editor can't open it then the database file is somehow corrupted. Where did you get the file from? Did you copy it from the original position /data/data/com.whatsapp/databases? Or how exactly did you receive that file?

I can try to have a look at the file if you don't bother.

Otherwise you should research on SQLite Database file recovery / database repairing / open corrupted SQLite database / ...

You may also try this: put the file on the SD card in /sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases as the only file there, then reinstall Whatsapp (it should be deinstalled first or at least the file /data/data/com.whatsapp/databases/msgstore.db should be deleted) and choose Yes when you are asked to import the backup. Maybe whatsapp itself still can import it.
If this succeeds, then copy the now created file /data/data/com.whatsapp/databases/msgstore.db - this should be uncorrupted now.

I used TitaniumBackup, connect SD to PC, opened the folder titaniumbackup and searched for Whatsapp and there is where the .db file is located, I will try to reinstall Whatsapp with these files thanks
26th April 2012, 09:03 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 47

262 posts
More
Quote:

It should show all the smileys of whatsapp. In the download archive you find a folder called "emoji" with all the smiley images that are included.

Ok thanks! Just what I was looking for!

Will provide you the feedback after I try it.
26th April 2012, 09:50 AM   |  #30  

46 posts
Weird, Notepad can read it, inbuild db reader from RootExplorer can read it but if I export to computer, SQLite opens it but it keeps blank

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread