OP mtmichaelson

5th April 2012, 08:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mt. Juliet, TN
Thanks Meter: 1,120

1,150 posts
Donate to Me
More
Please Read Full Post Before Posting Any Questions!!! If You Ask A Question That Is Answered In This Post, It Will Not Get Answered!!!

Alrighty Boys and Girls!!! I have tried to make this as easy as possible for what we have!!! First and foremost, this will NOT root if you are already on ZV8!!!

Prerequisites
Pretty easy, you need ANY form of ZV7 (By any that includes stock, GingerVolt, Blitzkrieg, self modified, whatever) and CWM. Also, if you have frozen the software update app, make sure you unfreeze before anything!!!

1) Download this file: http://d-h.st/MeH
2) Flash that file in cwm
3) Reboot into the OS
4) Update to ZV8

That is it!!! You are now rooted stock ZV8!!!!

After gaining root on ZV8 you can get CWM recovery by running this ZV8CWMRecovery.bat: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54501789/Rev...WMRecovery.zip

There you have it!!! That was easy now wasn't it!
Last edited by mtmichaelson; 6th April 2012 at 01:07 PM.
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to mtmichaelson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2012, 08:37 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
You are AMAZING! Very nice mtmichelson.
Last edited by sharky112065; 5th April 2012 at 08:43 AM.
5th April 2012, 08:56 AM   |  #3  
College Station, Tx
Thanks Meter: 8

117 posts
More
I'll give it a shot. What do we do if the OTA fails??

Edit:

OTA failed. Lol

Edit: fixed my market, broke my swype.

Edit: broke all sound and vibration. At work, can't take time to troubleshoot. Later, hopefully.

EDIT!

Holy effing facepalm, batman! I just realized what was killing the OTA.. And while I certainly feel like an idiot, I can assure you I am truly not one. Also, I refuse to disclose where I screwed the pooch.

Updating to zv8 now..

Edit:

Yup. It works. Ha!
Still not sound/vibration though. No worries, Im going to flash a clean zv7 and do this again in a bit.

I really should have waited until I was home to mess with this. Thanks MT!
Last edited by Cal8192; 5th April 2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: What's that facepalm emoticon??
5th April 2012, 12:33 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mt. Juliet, TN

1,150 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal8192

I'll give it a shot. What do we do if the OTA fails??

Edit:

OTA failed. Lol

Edit: fixed my market, broke my swype.

Edit: broke all sound and vibration. At work, can't take time to troubleshoot. Later, hopefully.

EDIT!

Holy effing facepalm, batman! I just realized what was killing the OTA.. And while I certainly feel like an idiot, I can assure you I am truly not one. Also, I refuse to disclose where I screwed the pooch.

Updating to zv8 now..

Edit:

Yup. It works. Ha!
Still not sound/vibration though. No worries, Im going to flash a clean zv7 and do this again in a bit.

I really should have waited until I was home to mess with this. Thanks MT!

This method does still take advantage of the local.prop file. Delete it from /data and reboot and you will have sound back. If you run the .bat it will remove it for you though.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk
Last edited by mtmichaelson; 5th April 2012 at 12:36 PM.
5th April 2012, 12:59 PM   |  #5  
Flag Hoover
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
More
Awesome job MT! This was a life saver for me since my USB connection doesn't work! I was hoping the ZV8 upgrade might fix it, but it didn't. Oh well, at least now I'm on ZV8 with Break Out 1.1!!!

I had to enter the commands in Terminal Emulator by hand, which sucked. But hey, I got there...
5th April 2012, 01:01 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
sweet will try this later. i take it this means you dont want that update file anymore?
5th April 2012, 01:05 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mt. Juliet, TN

1,150 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejammer

sweet will try this later. i take it this means you dont want that update file anymore?

Nope, got it lol. Thanks!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk
5th April 2012, 01:21 PM   |  #8  
College Station, Tx
Thanks Meter: 8

117 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmichaelson

This method does still take advantage of the local.prop file. Delete it from /data and reboot and you will have sound back. If you run the .bat it will remove it for you though.

Yeah, that's what I figured. And since I was going to go fresh install after work I wasn't concerned. Thanks for helping a guy out, even if you did laugh at my previous post. It's cool, you can admit it. ; )
5th April 2012, 02:18 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mt. Juliet, TN

1,150 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal8192

Yeah, that's what I figured. And since I was going to go fresh install after work I wasn't concerned. Thanks for helping a guy out, even if you did laugh at my previous post. It's cool, you can admit it. ; )

No, I would never laugh at you lol
5th April 2012, 03:28 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 6

31 posts
I know I am a complete noob for asking this, but what is the best way to execute the .bat file (.zip file, since we cannot install it with CWM)? I know I can adb, though I am foggy on the details since it has been a while. What are the steps that need to be taken to make sure that i direct terminal correctly towards my phone. I just want to make sure I do it right the first time. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Blammo79; 5th April 2012 at 03:37 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread