Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 45,348 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bionic ROMS?

Tip us?

zakkyzombie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
Default Bionic ROMS?

Whats the newest, most bug free ROM out there for Bionic, thats still getting updates?

I've had the Bionic for a couple of weeks and already got disapointed.

back when i rocked the DX2 i was die-hard Eclipse.

well on bionic i notaced many bugs, and i re-flashed, redownloaded, the works. had the same issues.

anyway. nitro sold his bionic, so no more Eclipse. so i swung to the other side to try Liberty. its cool. no where neer as boss as Eclipse. but they both have pros and cons. anyway.

come to find out Liberty devs stopped for the bionic too. so, my question is, what is the newest, bestest rom, thats still getting updates, and lots of themes? preferably a boss ICS theme D

DGSafewright
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Active Bionic Roms

There are several alpha and beta Roms out for the Bionic however most of them still have bugs ranging from no 3G/4G to the front facing camera not working. From what I can tell the only stable Rom for the Bionic is gummy. This may be due to the Bionic having a locked boot loader. Hopefully either Nitro will get a used Bionic and continue development or development will increase when or if ICS is officially released on the Bionic.
The Following User Says Thank You to DGSafewright For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zakkyzombie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
i hope he does too. i really enjoyed Eclipse. besides the fact thant when i held down the power button to get the reboot options it would just straight up reboot. (very annowing when wanting recovery)

i think the AOKP ICS rom thats out looks mighty spiffy, but i dont know what all doesnt work, and i dont want to risk having to go back to my old old devour. (sold the DX2)

anyway. thanks for your input!

Bfitz26
Old
Thanks Meter 349

DONATE TO ME
here is me and @insanemods rom mainly his but working on fixing all the bugs stuck at f.c.'s at the moment but mostly works themes galore lockscreen changes and such... here is the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1535293

jetknife
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I'm in the same boat as you, trying to find a stable ROM rather than go back to de-bloated Blur. The only other recommendation I can give besides those already mentioned is dhacker's April 5th nightly of CM9.

I obviously haven't been using it for long, but it has so far has a pretty consistent data connection.

DroidHive -> Downloads -> Bionic -> CM9 SELFKANG BIONIC ICS

flascrnwrtr
Old
Thanks Meter 66
I've been running CM9 Unofficial since it dropped. Currently I am on 04-04 and have had stable data and WiFi since I flashed it. HW accel and video are the only things really missing for me. Give it a shot.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

ztkryan
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flascrnwrtr View Post
I've been running CM9 Unofficial since it dropped. Currently I am on 04-04 and have had stable data and WiFi since I flashed it. HW accel and video are the only things really missing for me. Give it a shot.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
can you post a link to the rom

Sent from my XT875 using xda premium
Phone: Droid Charge
Rom: Eclipse 1.4
Theme: True Blue v1.0
Kernel: PBJ 0130

zakkyzombie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
thats sounds really nice. so theres CM9, and CM7.....wheres 8??

but a link would be helpful.
i just want something super stable, that will work with safestrap, and will be getting updated frequently, i like having all the bugs worked out, and having cool new additions
because i liked the option of going into recovery upon each boot.

and is anyone using http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1527544 ?

i want a straightforward review of it. dont sugar coat it xD

zakkyzombie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfitz26 View Post
here is me and @insanemods rom mainly his but working on fixing all the bugs stuck at f.c.'s at the moment but mostly works themes galore lockscreen changes and such... here is the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1535293
ive never found MIUI appealing, its not really my cup of tea. it reminds me too much of apple. i really dislike apple stuff

zakkyzombie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetknife View Post
I'm in the same boat as you, trying to find a stable ROM rather than go back to de-bloated Blur. The only other recommendation I can give besides those already mentioned is dhacker's April 5th nightly of CM9.

I obviously haven't been using it for long, but it has so far has a pretty consistent data connection.

DroidHive -> Downloads -> Bionic -> CM9 SELFKANG BIONIC ICS
it'd be pretty cool if they had a bug list, and screenshots...