Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Bionic ROMS?

OP zakkyzombie

5th April 2012, 10:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Biloxi, MS
Thanks Meter: 131

698 posts
Donate to Me
More
Whats the newest, most bug free ROM out there for Bionic, thats still getting updates?

I've had the Bionic for a couple of weeks and already got disapointed.

back when i rocked the DX2 i was die-hard Eclipse.

well on bionic i notaced many bugs, and i re-flashed, redownloaded, the works. had the same issues.

anyway. nitro sold his bionic, so no more Eclipse. so i swung to the other side to try Liberty. its cool. no where neer as boss as Eclipse. but they both have pros and cons. anyway.

come to find out Liberty devs stopped for the bionic too. so, my question is, what is the newest, bestest rom, thats still getting updates, and lots of themes? preferably a boss ICS theme D
6th April 2012, 03:32 AM   |  #2  
Flag Winston Salem
Thanks Meter: 3

19 posts
More
Active Bionic Roms
There are several alpha and beta Roms out for the Bionic however most of them still have bugs ranging from no 3G/4G to the front facing camera not working. From what I can tell the only stable Rom for the Bionic is gummy. This may be due to the Bionic having a locked boot loader. Hopefully either Nitro will get a used Bionic and continue development or development will increase when or if ICS is officially released on the Bionic.
The Following User Says Thank You to DGSafewright For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th April 2012, 09:41 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Biloxi, MS

698 posts
Donate to Me
More
i hope he does too. i really enjoyed Eclipse. besides the fact thant when i held down the power button to get the reboot options it would just straight up reboot. (very annowing when wanting recovery)

i think the AOKP ICS rom thats out looks mighty spiffy, but i dont know what all doesnt work, and i dont want to risk having to go back to my old old devour. (sold the DX2)

anyway. thanks for your input!
6th April 2012, 04:49 PM   |  #4  
layton
Thanks Meter: 349

2,115 posts
Donate to Me
More
here is me and @insanemods rom mainly his but working on fixing all the bugs stuck at f.c.'s at the moment but mostly works themes galore lockscreen changes and such... here is the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1535293
6th April 2012, 06:57 PM   |  #5  
Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 10

32 posts
More
I'm in the same boat as you, trying to find a stable ROM rather than go back to de-bloated Blur. The only other recommendation I can give besides those already mentioned is dhacker's April 5th nightly of CM9.

I obviously haven't been using it for long, but it has so far has a pretty consistent data connection.

DroidHive -> Downloads -> Bionic -> CM9 SELFKANG BIONIC ICS
6th April 2012, 11:48 PM   |  #6  
Flag Dallas, NC
Thanks Meter: 66

215 posts
More
I've been running CM9 Unofficial since it dropped. Currently I am on 04-04 and have had stable data and WiFi since I flashed it. HW accel and video are the only things really missing for me. Give it a shot.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
7th April 2012, 12:26 AM   |  #7  
Flag Omaha
Thanks Meter: 96

203 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flascrnwrtr

I've been running CM9 Unofficial since it dropped. Currently I am on 04-04 and have had stable data and WiFi since I flashed it. HW accel and video are the only things really missing for me. Give it a shot.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

can you post a link to the rom

Sent from my XT875 using xda premium
7th April 2012, 09:10 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Biloxi, MS

698 posts
Donate to Me
More
thats sounds really nice. so theres CM9, and CM7.....wheres 8??

but a link would be helpful.
i just want something super stable, that will work with safestrap, and will be getting updated frequently, i like having all the bugs worked out, and having cool new additions
because i liked the option of going into recovery upon each boot.

and is anyone using http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1527544 ?

i want a straightforward review of it. dont sugar coat it xD
7th April 2012, 09:16 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Biloxi, MS

698 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfitz26

here is me and @insanemods rom mainly his but working on fixing all the bugs stuck at f.c.'s at the moment but mostly works themes galore lockscreen changes and such... here is the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1535293

ive never found MIUI appealing, its not really my cup of tea. it reminds me too much of apple. i really dislike apple stuff
7th April 2012, 09:20 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Biloxi, MS

698 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetknife

I'm in the same boat as you, trying to find a stable ROM rather than go back to de-bloated Blur. The only other recommendation I can give besides those already mentioned is dhacker's April 5th nightly of CM9.

I obviously haven't been using it for long, but it has so far has a pretty consistent data connection.

DroidHive -> Downloads -> Bionic -> CM9 SELFKANG BIONIC ICS

it'd be pretty cool if they had a bug list, and screenshots...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread